[1.0.4] (2015-07-04) Telemachus – Telemetry and Flight Control in the Web Browser

Rich

Is there anyway to add custom pages to this amazing thing of yours royying?

I listed all pages provided on this mod, each cell can separate switch to another information page in browser.:)

Wait, so I added my own .html pages for some personalized stuff - will I be able to use those with this?

you can open menu.html in text/html editer, add link within the <td> tag.

If scrollbar comes out, change row 10

a {font-size:18px;.....}

to smaller value

I listed all pages provided on this mod, each cell can separate switch to another information page in browser.:)

Am I correct in saying, that this server cannot access files outside of its root directory? Can it do so, if I change permissions?

Is there a way to change the required part to the small antenna?

I personally think the models look a little bulky.

Copy the two MODULE definitions from the larger antenna's configuration file, to the configuration file for your desired part.

Am I correct in saying, that this server cannot access files outside of its root directory? Can it do so, if I change permissions?

This is not possible due to the restrictions on KSP.IO. If you want Telemachus to serve files they will need to be in the PluginData folder.

Will the camera be implemented in the future releases? it looks good! and also can you also display more than one craft when using the plugin? like if you equip every craft with the antenna it shows up in the telemetry.

This is not possible due to the restrictions on KSP.IO. If you want Telemachus to serve files they will need to be in the PluginData folder.

Would it be possible to access another mod's data in memory, then? I know it interacts with MechJeb, but could it possibly read ISA MapSat's maps? They are all loaded into memory OnFlightStart().

What's in the works, and how far out is the next update do you think?

The next update is likely to include more API support for resource information (per stage), units for sensors and of course several bug fixes. I have no idea on the time scale.

Would it be possible to access another mod's data in memory, then? I know it interacts with MechJeb, but could it possibly read ISA MapSat's maps? They are all loaded into memory OnFlightStart().

I have not tried this, but I want to. I would love to do this then set up the ISA map on a projector.

Is it possible for TeleMachus to report the name of the vessel it is displaying data for? Can a log of the data be saved for review later?

API calls exist to do both of these, but you will need to use C# or JavaScript to do it.

AWESOME Plugin!!!, but I have bad, that Dynamic Pressure is wrongly measured. It shows values about 4 500 000 even when I am out of the atmosphere.

Edited by Andre221

There is the dynamic pressure bug!

(dataSources.vessel.atmDensity * 0.5) [COLOR=#ff0000]+[/COLOR] Math.Pow(dataSources.vessel.srf_velocity.magnitude, 2)

That 'plus' should be a 'multiply'. Thanks again for reporting this, and it has been fixed for the next release :D

Just curious is this mod compatible with mods that create all in one sensors (where they roll the thermometer, accelerometer, barometer, and Gravioli detector into one part)? I just want to know if those will transmit data (through telemachus) or not. also what about Kerbal Engineer Redux (It shows all sorts of statistics (thrust ability, orbital data, ect.) during flight, I doubt it is but still worth checking)?

thanks, I can't wait to get the true feel of a space program

feels weird posting right after myself but here we go.

Loving the mod, just three small requests. first is it would be cool to have a page that was a "custom graph" where you could choose the items displayed (using a multi-scale for showing different types of data), it would just be nice so that you don't have to switch between windows. second is a log record, where you could scroll through the data and change the time scale (so you can see data for the whole flight or review launch and landing data, ignoring the space in between). the last feature is just a way for more nooby people to easily find out what the external access page is, wether it is just only having one address (instead of opening the internal access page it opens up the same one that you would access from a different computer) or having an info page which will include the external address.

Just curious is this mod compatible with mods that create all in one sensors (where they roll the thermometer, accelerometer, barometer, and Gravioli detector into one part)? I just want to know if those will transmit data (through telemachus) or not.

It would require additional code in order to support all in one sensors.

also what about Kerbal Engineer Redux (It shows all sorts of statistics (thrust ability, orbital data, ect.) during flight, I doubt it is but still worth checking)?

I plan to add this information.

first is it would be cool to have a page that was a "custom graph" where you could choose the items displayed (using a multi-scale for showing different types of data), it would just be nice so that you don't have to switch between windows.

Planned. If you know some JavaScript, then you can build your own graphs easily.

second is a log record, where you could scroll through the data and change the time scale (so you can see data for the whole flight or review launch and landing data, ignoring the space in between).

I have yet to develop a logging strategy which I am happy to release.

the last feature is just a way for more nooby people to easily find out what the external access page is, wether it is just only having one address (instead of opening the internal access page it opens up the same one that you would access from a different computer) or having an info page which will include the external address.

Good idea, I will add the list of available IPs to the information page.

Hey Rich,

Great work on the mod! I was curious if there is an API or anything available to plug into the data from a web script? The reason I ask, is it would be really cool to record key flight data points in order to make community challenges easier to participate in. If it's something you'd like to try within Telemachus, shoot me a PM and I'll share any ideas I have! Cheers :D

First: I like this mod, a lot.

Second: Don't know if it is a bug, but the webpage is only working when the device showing it has internet connection.

Some devices that I use have none and fail to display the webpage at all.

It would be nice if it would work LAN only and not Internet only...

Not so much of a bug, but more of a current limitation that devices must have an Internet connection. This error occurs because some of the JavaScript the pages rely on (Google graphs API) is served from external content distribution networks. I am slowly moving towards serving all JavaScript locally, which will allow devices without an internet connection to work.