[1.0.4] (2015-07-04) Telemachus – Telemetry and Flight Control in the Web Browser

Rich

Hello,

first, this mod is great, it satisfies my flight data needs.

Would it be possible to draw the navball, maybe in combination with the touchball?

I'd like to have a bigger version of it on another screen, to precisely monitor my heading while accelerating.

With webgl one would only have to map yaw, roll and pitch onto a textured ball, in principle.

I'll have a look into it, maybe I can contribute.

With webgl one would only have to map yaw, roll and pitch onto a textured ball, in principle.

I'll have a look into it, maybe I can contribute.

I welcome any kind of support/contributions on the web development side of Telemachus.

I tried to run Telemachus on linux (Kubuntu 13.04, KSP version 0.21.1.0).

The antennae do exist and they do show the menu when right-clicked, but Open Link doesn't do anything! KSP Debug Console never shows anything related to Telemachus.

I put the mod to the GameData folder. I also tried putting the contents of Telemachus Parts and Plugins folders to the KSP Parts and Plugins folders, but it didn't make a difference.

I'm going to have a LAN-party with my friends on the 10th of August and Telemachus would be really nice. I can make do with MechJeb if I must.

Anyways, thank you Rich for creating such an awesome mod!

Hassepossu,

Please can you post your output log to pastebin or similar; either way, the error message should display when KSP attempts to load the Telemachus parts.

I found this in the debug log:

1. [Telemachus] Telemachus data link listening for requests on the following addresses: (127.0.0.1:8085 and 192.168.1.128:8085). Try putting them into your web browser, some of them might not work.

If those do not work, then try specifying the IP and the port manually in the configuration file.

Oh, the port was 8085! As previously said, that didn't appear in the KSP debug window. I got the impression that the port was by default 8080. Thanks! (I am not able to check if it works currently, but I expect it's going to work)

EDIT: Yep, works perfectly now.

Edited by Hassepossu

I have a few questions/requests. I really just want to know if these things are possible. If you get it in your head to actually implement any of this, so much the better.

1: Would it be possible or difficult to add a feature that permits remote control of Romfarer's Lazor Cams? Telemachus has a system in place for sending remote commands already, I feel like it might not be too much more of a step to add such a feature.

2: Would it be at all possible to isolate the lazor cam views from the overall screen, and stream JUST those to another computer?

Reason I ask, is I'm trying to set up a simulated Mission Control with several friends, with Telemachus obviously being the centerpiece. It would increase immersion ten-fold if we had a view of the launch up on screen from on-board cameras, in addition to all the charts and other tools being displayed up on screen, similar to what real life launches have.

3: An unrelated question. Is there a way to use Telemachus to view the fuel levels of specific stages, rather than just the overall fuel?

Edit: I know there are likely a LOT more pressing things on the to-do list, but as I said I would really just like to know if these things would even be possible to implement, given the limitations of KSP.

Edited by Techavon

Are there any plans to allow telemachus to send data to a remote server and/or split up the plugin with the webserver? I'd like to host the webpage(s) on a seperate device than my gaming desktop.

There are no plans, but there is no reason why it could not be built by another individual.

I have a few questions/requests. I really just want to know if these things are possible. If you get it in your head to actually implement any of this, so much the better.

1: Would it be possible or difficult to add a feature that permits remote control of Romfarer's Lazor Cams? Telemachus has a system in place for sending remote commands already, I feel like it might not be too much more of a step to add such a feature.

2: Would it be at all possible to isolate the lazor cam views from the overall screen, and stream JUST those to another computer?

Reason I ask, is I'm trying to set up a simulated Mission Control with several friends, with Telemachus obviously being the centerpiece. It would increase immersion ten-fold if we had a view of the launch up on screen from on-board cameras, in addition to all the charts and other tools being displayed up on screen, similar to what real life launches have.

Edit: I know there are likely a LOT more pressing things on the to-do list, but as I said I would really just like to know if these things would even be possible to implement, given the limitations of KSP.

It is certainly possible to do, but as you say, there are more important features that I would like to add first (Information to allow for docking and better pitch/yaw/roll values are currently top of my list).

You can use port forwarding on your Internet facing router to access Telemachus remotely. However, I make no claims as to the security of Telemachus so using a VPN is probably a better idea for long term use.

Gotta say I love this mod! One of my friends was away on holiday so I set this up so he could help fly my ship on his ipad so he could get his ksp fix :D

Made myself an overlay type thing so i could get multiple readouts from the mod on my second monitor, been trying to make it look kinda like a kerbalised version of the control panels from the apollo era mission control panels. I got visions now of getting a group together over hamachi and flying a mission to the mun or something using this mod :D

Screenshot.png

Gotta say I love this mod! One of my friends was away on holiday so I set this up so he could help fly my ship on his ipad so he could get his ksp fix :D

Made myself an overlay type thing so i could get multiple readouts from the mod on my second monitor, been trying to make it look kinda like a kerbalised version of the control panels from the apollo era mission control panels. I got visions now of getting a group together over hamachi and flying a mission to the mun or something using this mod :D

Screenshot.png

SCE to AUX i see where you are going to! ;)

I am working with the newest release of Telemachus and KSP 0.21.1.

I have everything working ok, but for some reason on the "Kerbal Map" display, the ship's icon is missing and I just get a default placement holder icon. Is this something that is known, or anyone have any idea(s). I was remembering from previous version(s) that there was some sort of icon that showed the vessel / pod location on the map....

Thanks.

I am working with the newest release of Telemachus and KSP 0.21.1.

I have everything working ok, but for some reason on the "Kerbal Map" display, the ship's icon is missing and I just get a default placement holder icon. Is this something that is known, or anyone have any idea(s). I was remembering from previous version(s) that there was some sort of icon that showed the vessel / pod location on the map....

Thanks.

This is a known bug caused by the map systems use of @2x images in some cases. Are you using the version of Telemachus from the Spaceport or the development build? As I have tried to implement a fix for this bug in the development release (this is available from the OP).

for your remote display / controls, look at "[Plugin] Custom Control Pad"

this is sort of the same idea..

found this the other day.

I am currently hoping to find a web developer to create a new interface for me :D, as I suck at web design.