[1.0.4] (2015-07-04) Telemachus – Telemetry and Flight Control in the Web Browser

Rich

Nice, is there any chance of getting the camera in? For others it is kind of dull to see those graphs changing.

One thing that is not very helpful is that the y-axis is always centered on MET=0s, because when you are a few hours/days into flight the actual data becomes pretty small. Even worse, when the craft was loaded later and the data before is only a straight line.

Fabian

Quick dev release (1.4.5.0), which includes a simple voice control demo.

p7QBSQC.png

Cameras are the next experimental feature I am going to polish up and release, however that will probably be after I include my planned API extension.

hmm, does the scale not reset when you refresh the page? If not I will look into this issue promptly.

AH okay, every time I switch to a ship and the graph's page is loaded before it sets start to 0s. After reloading the page it works.

More specific: Switching via the tracking station. Switching with the bracket keys does work.

Fabian

Edited by xZise

More specific: Switching via the tracking station. Switching with the bracket keys does work.

The piece of code which detects the switch is the biggest pile of rubbish I have ever created, and does need updating to use the new events SQUAD added in the previous update.

Okay actually everytime it lost the signal and searching for broadcasted one it resets. Sometimes it happens while you are simply moving around.

Fabian

Okay actually everytime it lost the signal and searching for broadcasted one it resets. Sometimes it happens while you are simply moving around.

Fabian

This sounds like a performance issue within the web server, so I think it is time for that optimisation that I also had planned.

I really need to get down and finish off the parameter spreadsheet for you Rich but real life keeps interrupting. In the middle of clearing out stuff so that the darned central heating peeps can get access to walls and floor to install my new central heating system so the place is looking like a bombsight atm. Will probably finish it later this week when I get my modding station set up again as I need to plan out the various panels I will need.

No worries :D; I am also up to my ears in stuff. In the mean time I have been thinking about ways to improve the API, as it is a little inefficient at the moment (specifically for requirements involving GUI state).

Cameras are the next experimental feature I am going to polish up and release, however that will probably be after I include my planned API extension.

Wow, Camera's would make this to where I could play the game from my cell when I'm away from home.

I mean I'm sure I could now, but I'm not so good with some parts of it. Cameras would help.

No worries :D; I am also up to my ears in stuff. In the mean time I have been thinking about ways to improve the API, as it is a little inefficient at the moment (specifically for requirements involving GUI state).

Yeah, those GUI states are what will make the interface coding a lot better. I was working on the hardware radar altimeter last night. 3000m to ground is the norm yeah? Making a custom altimeter that just works for that isn't that hard... I just have to get it to stick at 3000m when the radar turns off (it was going to -1 when it goes out of radar altimeter range and my altimeter was going like the rocket was doing a crash dive lol. Ooops... my bad.

When I get time I will finish off the tutorial on how to make all these but I have to remove all the dead ends (and there were a few). I might add them just to show what NOT to do. Will have to see. I was going to try to make a tape style altimeter like the Apollo LEM but was too hard to make the tape itself. The hardware wasn't that hard, just getting a tape made that I could use and not have the index keep falling off lol. I was going to see if I could find a place that could make one... but I have no clue where to look.

If I have Telemachus on a stage separate from the capsule, and I set a direction on the web browser's Smart A.S.S page, then I stage the antennae away, I can no longer control my ship afterwards. The in game mechjeb shows smart a.s.s as auto, and I cannot find a way to turn it off. I am not sure whether that is a bug on your end or on mechjeb's end.

The problem is on my end, as the "off" signal needs to be sent before decoupling. I should probably send this automatically on a decouple rather than relying on the user to terminate it.

Hi, I'm not sure if your API changes already address this, but sometimes it looks like there is data switched: I opened two graphs with one for g-force and the other for the gravitational acceleration. And sometimes there is a spike in both graphs at approximately the same time in different directions.

Fabian

Going underground for a bit to work on Telemachus 2.0 using web sockets.

Hi, I'm not sure if your API changes already address this, but sometimes it looks like there is data switched: I opened two graphs with one for g-force and the other for the gravitational acceleration. And sometimes there is a spike in both graphs at approximately the same time in different directions.

Fabian

Not sure what would be causing this.

This is a fantastic little plugin, and I thank you for working on it so diligently

but I can't seem to get the thing to work on my ipad, using the Chrome browser...

I tried doing a whole ton of configurations on my computer end, and a little bit of tweaking on the ipad end, but I can't get it to work...

I feel like this may have been covered somewhere in this thread, and I'm sorry for not wanting to read it all...

The link works and displays correct data when it is opened in chrome alongside KSP on my computer...

Is there any simple solution for this? Is there something that I'm doing wrong?

Thank you!

Find where the Telemachus part is loaded in the debug log, and you should see several address:

FpbdXsZ.png

127.0.0.1 is your local address which can only be used on the machine running KSP. In order to access Telemachus from another machine on your Local Area Network, you will require the address of the form 192.168.xxx.xxx.

Edited by Rich

My programming skills are so outdated it's not funny. Last time I attempted anything was with Microsoft C# .NET 2.0 using Silverlight 4 so I am lurching through forums looking for something interesting to give me that urge to jump into KSP addon editing... Are addons created with C++?

Then I ran across this thread, and I must say I am most impressed with the mission control being web-based for access/control via remote pc. I apologize but I'm going to have to put your mission control pic to shame once I get home from work!!! ;)

Does anyone know if this works on iPhone Safari, or Android Chrome? I'm assuming it should work on android since you have screenshots of Google Chrome up... Now I can't wait to get home and get on KSP... Since 0.21 isn't out yet, I'm finding other neat little jewels around that I haven't spent much time searching for. Keep up the awesome work!!!

Okay I'm not paying attention.. I see the screenshots are from an Android Tablet... Ok, hmm this might prove to be quite useful!!! (How cool would it be to have mission control from someone else's house, for like 3 missions, if you are networking savvy and can port forward your stuff?)

Fun fact, guys: The way telemachus is set up, you can access the telemachus webpage from ANYWHERE in your network without further modification. I want to see if I can modify the source code slightly so it binds to a different port. That way, I can forward said port and use Telemachus via an external IP (That way, even other people can use my Telemachus!).

EDIT: After giving the previous posts the most cursory of glances, it turns out that someone already mentioned what I said about how Telemachus is set up before I posted. Still, I want to see if I can get it working using an external IP.

Edited by Sherlock21st

My programming skills are so outdated it's not funny. Last time I attempted anything was with Microsoft C# .NET 2.0 using Silverlight 4 so I am lurching through forums looking for something interesting to give me that urge to jump into KSP addon editing... Are addons created with C++?

Then I ran across this thread, and I must say I am most impressed with the mission control being web-based for access/control via remote pc. I apologize but I'm going to have to put your mission control pic to shame once I get home from work!!! ;)

Does anyone know if this works on iPhone Safari, or Android Chrome? I'm assuming it should work on android since you have screenshots of Google Chrome up... Now I can't wait to get home and get on KSP... Since 0.21 isn't out yet, I'm finding other neat little jewels around that I haven't spent much time searching for. Keep up the awesome work!!!

Plugins are written in C#.

I welcome that you will put my mission control to shame, as I lack the time to do an 8 monitor setup right now.

Google chrome is the only fully supported browser, but given there is an iOS version, I see no major issues.

Okay I'm not paying attention.. I see the screenshots are from an Android Tablet... Ok, hmm this might prove to be quite useful!!! (How cool would it be to have mission control from someone else's house, for like 3 missions, if you are networking savvy and can port forward your stuff?)
Fun fact, guys: The way telemachus is set up, you can access the telemachus webpage from ANYWHERE in your network without further modification. I want to see if I can modify the source code slightly so it binds to a different port. That way, I can forward said port and use Telemachus via an external IP (That way, even other people can use my Telemachus!).

EDIT: After giving the previous posts the most cursory of glances, it turns out that someone already mentioned what I said about how Telemachus is set up before I posted. Still, I want to see if I can get it working using an external IP.

I have already conducted a short mission with the link running from the UK to the USA, so it certainly works using an external IP.

I'm wondering if it is possible to show other flightdata like thrust, resource consumption (you can only view the current resource level) or specific impulse? I'll try to create my own pages, but my knowledge about JavaScript is pretty small.

Fabian

All this is possible, but I lack time to expose all this juicy information right now ;.;. That and I am not really happy with the way the API works.