[1.0.4] (2015-07-04) Telemachus – Telemetry and Flight Control in the Web Browser

Rich

I also had to comment out following lines in Telemachus/src/DataLinkHandlers.cd in order to get it working, I'm guessing due to changes with the atmosphere in 1.0:

[FONT=Monospace] [COLOR=#333333]registerAPI[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]([/COLOR][COLOR=#009695]new[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333] PlotableAPIEntry[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]([/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333] dataSources [/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]=[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]>[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]{[/COLOR][COLOR=#009695]return[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333] FlightGlobals[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333].[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]Bodies[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333][[/COLOR][COLOR=#009695]int[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333].[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]Parse[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]([/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]dataSources[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333].[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]args[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333][[/COLOR][COLOR=#f57d00]0[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]])][/COLOR][COLOR=#333333].[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]maxAtmosphereAltitude[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333];[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]}[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333],[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#f57d00]"[/COLOR][COLOR=#f57d00]b[/COLOR][COLOR=#f57d00].[/COLOR][COLOR=#f57d00]maxAtmosphere[/COLOR][COLOR=#f57d00]"[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333],[/COLOR][COLOR=#f57d00]"[/COLOR][COLOR=#f57d00]Body[/COLOR][COLOR=#f57d00]Max[/COLOR][COLOR=#f57d00]Atmosphere[/COLOR][COLOR=#f57d00][[/COLOR][COLOR=#f57d00]body[/COLOR][COLOR=#f57d00]id[/COLOR][COLOR=#f57d00]][/COLOR][COLOR=#f57d00]"[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333],[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333] formatters[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333].[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]Default[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333],[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333] APIEntry[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333].[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]UnitType[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333].[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]DISTANCE[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]))[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333];[/COLOR][/FONT]

I can confirm that with this change, I was able to compile Telemachus against 1.0.2 without any issues. (Using Mac OS X 10.10.2, Unity 4.6.5, Xamarin Studio)

For Linux, I also had to convert the post-build script commands to *nix equivalents. My script (which replaces the contents of <PostBuildEvent> in Telemachus/Telemachus.csproj) went a little like this:

rm -r $ProjectDir"../publish/GameData"
rm -r $ProjectDir"../ksp-telemachus-dev/GameData/Telemachus"

mkdir -p $ProjectDir"../publish/GameData/Telemachus/Plugins/PluginData/"
cp $TargetDir"Servers.dll" $ProjectDir"../publish/GameData/Telemachus/Plugins/"
cp $TargetDir"Telemachus.dll" $ProjectDir"../publish/GameData/Telemachus/Plugins/"
cp -r $ProjectDir"../Parts/" $ProjectDir"../publish/GameData/Telemachus/Parts/"
cp -r $ProjectDir"../WebPages/WebPages/src/" $ProjectDir"../publish/GameData/Telemachus/Plugins/PluginData/Telemachus/"
cp -r $ProjectDir"../Licences/" $ProjectDir"../publish/GameData/Telemachus/"
cp $ProjectDir"../readme.md" $ProjectDir"../publish/GameData/Telemachus/"

mkdir -p /home/ntm/Gaming/ksp/Telemachus/ksp-telemachus-dev/GameData/Telemachus/Plugins/PluginData/Telemachus/test/

cp -r $ProjectDir"../WebPages/WebPagesTest/src/" $ProjectDir"../ksp-telemachus-dev/GameData/Telemachus/Plugins/PluginData/Telemachus/test"
cp -r $ProjectDir"../publish/GameData/" $ProjectDir"../ksp-telemachus-dev/GameData/"

I wasn't able to get this working 100%. My environment wasn't populating those variables at all. I ended up setting them in the script, but I still got errors. Oh well, I just grabbed the .dll's from the build directory instead.

I had to stop development on Telemachus for a while, as I came up against a game crashing bug in 0.90 which I couldn't solve.

I intend to test Telemachus with KSP 1.* when I get my development environment re-installed.

I had to stop development on Telemachus for a while, as I came up against a game crashing bug in 0.90 which I couldn't solve.

I intend to test Telemachus with KSP 1.* when I get my development environment re-installed.

me and the guys i was running the TM streams with have done a little testing already and the basics seems to work, and the touchball seems smoother in 1.0.2

if you need any help just gimme a shout as we are hoping to start the daily TM IVA missions again soon

I can't vouch for the web page controls, but I've been using the WebSocket and HTTP APIs with my hardware controller without problems.

I'm a C# novice, but I'm happy to help however I can.

Small compatibility update:

* Compiled for KSP 1.0.2

* API extended to allow translation and attitude to be set separately

* Fixed an issue wherein formatters were sharing state for stateful protocols

* Updated websocket tests to use localhost.

* Various API documentation fixes

* Swapped atmosphere height API call with atmosphere depth.

Download links are in the OP.

Small compatibility update:

* Compiled for KSP 1.0.2

* API extended to allow translation and attitude to be set separately

* Fixed an issue wherein formatters were sharing state for stateful protocols

* Updated websocket tests to use localhost.

* Various API documentation fixes

* Swapped atmosphere height API call with atmosphere depth.

Download links are in the OP.

I want to throw this idea at you for a tweak in tech tree in career mode. I always loved what this mode did, but never liked the implementation of tech tree and career mode. I just came up with this for my own personal game:

///////=== Telemachus Mod ===///////

@PART[ant]:Final
{
@cost = 500
@TechRequired = basicScience
@entryCost = 1100
}

@PART[fustekAntenna]:Final
{
@cost = 1000
@TechRequired = electrics
@entryCost = 2200
}

Perhaps you want to use what I use, as the default to Telemachus mod. I like the idea that we have to earn this tech and not get it early on. I also like the idea that the fustekAntenna is a little more advanced and should be up the tree, separate from the regular TV antenna, lol. I also added entry cost if players cost that option in game-mode, I also added a cost to the antenna so we could feel like we bought something worth buying.

So far this quick fix that I did, I seem to like it a lot. I like this mod belongs in career and tech tree now.

Thanks!

Thanks so much for updating this Rich, it's an amazing add-on to single player KSP, running data on a second screen really adds to the immersion!

Where I am having problems is sharing data across a LAN, just can't seem to get it working...

We know the computer's IP address and have tried Ports 8085. 8080 and 80, but none seem to work. Firewall is off.

When we activate the Telemachus antennae and look in the debug data there is no record of what IP or Port is being used...

Any tips to try that might help get this working?

just wanted to stop by and say thanks to Rich for the github repo, I was able to look into the javascript code and finally get a handle on how to load KSP.Leaflet into my own web pages. So far I have launch ascent tracking set up, I'm working with Arrowstar (KSPTOT author) on javascript calculations for orbital path plotting (allllmost there...) and I can also now easily plot out rover paths, have to create a map for flag markers, wheee!

is there a way to show navigation markers on the map view?

There is unfortunately not.

Does the 1.0 release work with .90? I'd like to use it on my Realism Overhaul install :P

Not a clue, but all the past versions of Telemachus are available here.

Is there a way to use this without having the part attached?

EDIT: I made a MM config for it. Now all the command parts have the antenna integrated. :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5m1azpzr7cw9awu/TelemachusForPods.cfg?dl=0

EDIT EDIT: That config causes krakens to appear for some reason :mad:

- - - Updated - - -

There is unfortunately not.

Not a clue, but all the past versions of Telemachus are available here.

This works fine with .90 it seems

Edited by Shurikeeen

HvT2d8f.png

Anyone fancy some real-time orbital plotting and craft data? :) Click the image for the full page, with a link to the Github included. I'm not going to do a pull request or anything but Rich the JS code is very generic, you can certainly rip it out and repurpose it as needed for Telemachus to provide the same features

HvT2d8f.png

Anyone fancy some real-time orbital plotting and craft data? :) Click the image for the full page, with a link to the Github included. I'm not going to do a pull request or anything but Rich the JS code is very generic, you can certainly rip it out and repurpose it as needed for Telemachus to provide the same features

Amazing! I've been hoping for someone to try this for a while now! So you've my day :)

Cool :) any problems or thoughts just drop me a PM anytime. The orbital plot code is based solely off keplerian elements so the next logical step for me is showing maneuver nodes and the new orbit as a dotted line