Post your Rover MEGATHREAD

HoY

DRPYYru.png

The DUST XE2000 ATV (Extreme Environment All-Terrain Vehicle) is engineered to handle the harshest conditions imaginable. Equipped with storage, communication, all-wheel steering, a powerful SAS module and a heavy-duty rollcage this monster is ready for any challenge. Seats 2.

Edited by Gnaar_Mok

My minimal rover for full science.

"Here we parked it!"

FwJCzlo.png?1

Traveled more than 100km over the mountains to plant flags high.

DrS7qb8.png?1

Nothing unnecessary here: all science equipment, panels just enough to power the wheels and restore batteries after data transfer, batteries to cover full science data transfer or some travel in the dark. Oh, those two guys are not so required here but they make rover to look better.

0AJ1JIm.jpg?1

Next stop - Eve (or Laythe, I didn't test if it floats).

Edited by DrMonte

I present to you my Modular Multipurpose Rover Chassis!

It is basically a adjustable height/tension rover chassis that will let you mount things underneath, on top, or both. All are possibe variants, but the great advantage lies in the fact that you can set the Center of Mass higher or lower as you see fit. Even while driving!

The suspension system is what makes it shine, it is tested stable with different payloads from zero to 18 tons on Kerbin. By attaching a docking port underneath you can move almost any not too tall object and drop it off where you like it. By attaching a crane and docking ports on top you can build whatever you want.

Another idea is to attach a modular crane stability system underneath, with which you can mount a huge crane on top for very heavy loads. Use your imagination, this chassis can do it all!

It also lands well at very high speeds, tested lightly loaded up to 35 m/s at kerbin, with only easily repairable broken tires.

(You need Infernal Robotics forum link)

Some quick examples of different uses:

IeElUCR.png

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Here's the craft file as a subassembly:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/486399/MultipurposeChassis.craft

Edited by Ninja_Thomek

Hey guys, first time showing my work here.

I present the Autowagen 1, a four seater vehicle just under 5 tons, built with roughly 70 parts (two models so no exact count).

It is complete with a steering wheel, FM radio, and square cupholders.

Due to the suspension setup, neither model will flip when turning at top speed.

The Autowagen 1 uses Modular Multiwheels and Omniwheels to supply its six-cylinder engine, which pushes it to 40m/s. The 1b is the stock model and only travels at a disappointing 20 m/s. Both have large bumpers that can resist a head on collision at up to 25 m/s.

http://imgur.com/a/yrBTL

(Sorry about the link rather than an embedded album, but I'm posting from a phone D: )

Hey guys, first time showing my work here.

I present the Autowagen 1, a four seater vehicle just under 5 tons, built with roughly 70 parts (two models so no exact count).

It is complete with a steering wheel, FM radio, and square cupholders.

Due to the suspension setup, neither model will flip when turning at top speed.

The Autowagen 1 uses Modular Multiwheels and Omniwheels to supply its six-cylinder engine, which pushes it to 40m/s. The 1b is the stock model and only travels at a disappointing 20 m/s. Both have large bumpers that can resist a head on collision at up to 25 m/s.

http://imgur.com/a/yrBTL

(Sorry about the link rather than an embedded album, but I'm posting from a phone D: )

Nothing wrong with a straight up link, as long as it works!

And wow, that is one cool four-seater! Great design work!

Thanks! I think it started as an attempt at making a Corvette before my lack of skill with curves caused me to scrap the roof and trunk... can't remember, I was sleep deprived when I mangled it.

Turned out relatively well despite not at all being what it was supposed to be.

Just finished shooting the pictures for the new banner on Spaceport. Took my stock classic rover for a spin on Duna and reloaded the quicksave to travel to Dres and tried to jump the large canyon. Used the rear thrusters to make it across but popped all tyres at touchdown. Jeb fixed them and continued to drive towards the sunset. legend says he's still driving.

Not really, crashed it pretty hard just 5 minutes after =]

AHbanner-326x999.jpg (Linked)

This is the biggest thing I've ever launched anywhere, I'm amazed at how well everything worked.

I present the Dune Crawler.

Assembly

r8ln.png

Prototype Testing

x078.png

Final Model

0ilt.png

Launching

t8yx.png

Post Aerobrake at Duna

rvl9.png

Final Descent - Small Engines to get the decent rate to below 3m/s. After landing the plan was they detach neatly below the rover with enough clearence to drive over them.

mvkq.png

But that didn't work quite as neatly as I'd hoped. Shook the last one loose after 20 or so meters.

vms7.png

Rendezvous with the relief crew who flew in on the Phoenix I to change over with the crew at Duna Base I.

2hx3.png

Arriving at Duna Base I - it aint much of a base but it's the best we've got.

cbol.png

'Sup guys, brought you a rover.

jv3f.png

Charging up for SCIENCE!

wz6k.png

If only there was more science that hadn't already been scienced.........

fwbx.png

Surprisingly well, though it won't turn at all once you're over 10m/s.

I've clocked it up to 30m/s before it blew out a few wheels. Apart from that it's the most stable rover I've ever built.

Pff, 30. Try the Duna Toboggan run for the ultimate in gits and shiggles. (Also, have a driver handy to fix the wheels afterward, or you're pretty much boned.)

UjSvJMc.png

Side note: wtf is going on with Picasa? I can't embed images from my own albums anymore?? :/

Pff, 30. Try the Duna Toboggan run for the ultimate in gits and shiggles. (Also, have a driver handy to fix the wheels afterward, or you're pretty much boned.)

it's because of max speed rating of wheels. if you break the ruggedized ones going less than 60, try more wheels or less weight.

it's because of max speed rating of wheels. if you break the ruggedized ones going less than 60, try more wheels or less weight.

Oh yeah, most certainly. That image was from a "what if" run I did (after quicksaving of course) to see how the Kurb Burner's attitude control would handle running full-out down the rim of the massive canyon on Duna. Turns out it does great, holding its own under the light gravity and atmosphere, though the tires are obviously toasted before it gets anywhere near the bottom.

Otherwise, running under its own power, it tops out at about 25m/s.

The rovers i'm currently using in my campaign:

Sent my rovers without any science parts, luckly i thought to put KAS ports on the back.

Science Trailer! :D

Those look pretty sleek! Make sure to turn off rear wheel steering for max stability!

What are those dumpster-looking things on the sides of them? Is that where they store new parts they find laying by the side of the road? :D

These are some crazy rovers 0.0

Well, here's my contribution:

The BOXX-CART UT5 and UT5 Bulldozer:

0hv7.png

v1di.png

vmbt.png

q08u.png

They both seat 5 kerbals and have full ''tactical gear'' - all small science gadgets that you may need ^^

(craft files are here, if you want them :3):http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/59515-Showcase-Living-it-UP!-on-the-Mun-my-new-base-3

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.