Post your Rover MEGATHREAD

HoY

Deadweasel, Those 'dumpster-looking things on the sides of them' would be the KAS containers, And yes, You can actually store some parts in there.

GROOV3ST3R, Love the bulldozer, And that looks very high-tech with that curve in the struts.

I suppose I should post my rover since I am new here and you guys may see it a few times, I present to you, Octoprobe MK1

20kvyae.jpg

Edited by Kacey

The Mini Racer. Drives quite nicely after disabling the rear wheel steering. Has the thermometer, barometer, gravioli detector, and accelerometer. Has no control without a driver in it. Next to my Duna base and the inferior Soul and Possibility twin rovers

Mini%20Racer.png

Hey, here is my rover, I made it for science missions on the Mun in career mode. So far it has the Thermometer, the Seismic thingy and the Atmosphere pressure guy (does not work on the Mun sadly) also has the Goo tester. When I figure how to put it up on the web for downloading I'll post it here.. should be soon.

screenshot106_zps4fc9b02b.png?t=1385596799

I call it the Raptor II, It has 2 liquid fuel engines (180 fuel) front and back for boosting or breaking. I have managed to jump over small craters in this thing :cool: (rarely manage to land without completely destroying it)

It can drive safely at around 80-90km (20-22m/s) and has 2 command seats. It has plenty of rcs for air time adjusting or help with turning. Also has 4 of the larger rcs fuel tanks so plenty there.

There are 12 large battery pack on the underside and 6 solar panels on the top side so it never runs out of electricity. You can drive most of the night without running out (on Mun)

You can refill the rcs and liquid fuel tanks via the small docking port on the back side as well.

screenshot134_zps3402a02f.png?t=1385596804

screenshot135_zps465bcdb4.png?t=1385596808

DO NOT TRY THIS SH*T AT HOME! :sticktongue: >>>

screenshot162_zpsea4daef9.png?t=1385621582

Here is the Raptor I, just for fun.

screenshot99_zps31ca4ed0.png

Edited by SpaceAce87

Here is my Munar Pathfinder. Its main goal is to scout out suitible locations for my future Mun base.

It has some scientific capabilities as well. It can record temp, pressure (not useful on Mun of course), and hosts a mystery goo pack.

zUqjnIu.png

WNY3i0B.png

Here is my Munar Pathfinder. Its main goal is to scout out suitible locations for my future Mun base.

It has some scientific capabilities as well. It can record temp, pressure (not useful on Mun of course), and hosts a mystery goo pack.

zUqjnIu.png

WNY3i0B.png

Just love the extra wheels at the front and back to stop the rover from tipping....going to have to "borrow" that idea

Actually, why have the six middle wheels at all? It should work fine with just the four canted out, yes?

I've tried that, and it tends to be less practical due to the way Unity does wheels.

They only have one point that's actually meant to touch the ground, so if you angle them too much, you get problems.

gEpub39.png

A work around for this could be to use several wheel colliders, each at a different angle, but I bet that would complicate things a lot.

My MBT!(MUNAR BUGGY THINGY)

Crash-tested against KSP buildings at ~23m\s with no damage at all!

Including backwards!!!

Has a lot of RCS and 4 engines(3 for vertical flight and one for flipping when upside down)!

Enough fuel for 2 min burn (on kerbin) with the flight set and more with flipping engine!!!

Looks awesome!!!

EXPLOSIONS!!!

33yH260.png

pYIUe49.png

Y8BVB56.png

cCljA2Q.png

eUtOKc6.png

8k2yIln.png

3mxMCCS.png

BTW you probably dont want kerbals in the two seats on the sides!(they can and WILL fly off)

Edited by dgershko

Nice, I like the wheel-arch/bumpers that do the shock-absorbing for those moments when you suffer driving-derp. The roof-top flipping engine is cunning too, though I generally use a landing leg as a 'self-righter'

Gonna shamelessly steal that entire concept

Hello guys! I made this awesome rover that comes with a functional skycrane that can land on duna and other places!

It can land by its own power, has a bunch of science, and looks like a bug! -As used by ME in the BSC Skycrane+Rover challenge!

Download link: http://www./view/vtt80kcb3qcinb4/SkyBug%20%20Mk1.craft

Pics:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Download Link: http://www./view/vtt80kcb3qcinb4/SkyBug%20%20Mk1.craft

Edited by SaplingPick

I just got the game a couple days ago so this is nothing too special, but it's my first rover to make it to the Mun :) I brought it in connected to the bottom of my lander, in the center. It has both solar panels and a generator, so it can do work even at night (with the assistance of the headlight).

cPslYES.jpg

Just love the extra wheels at the front and back to stop the rover from tipping....going to have to "borrow" that idea

The set up works ok. I will still go over if you really jam on the brakes at a high speed. I considered pointing the extra wheels straight out. Might try that on my next version.

Actually, why have the six middle wheels at all? It should work fine with just the four canted out, yes?

I put six wheels on the ground with the idea of more wheel on ground means more traction. I doubt it works that way with KSP but don't know for sure. It had a bit to do aesthetics. :cool:

I put six wheels on the ground with the idea of more wheel on ground means more traction. I doubt it works that way with KSP but don't know for sure. It had a bit to do aesthetics. :cool:

Heh, well I've already been set straight (literally?) about why canted wheels don't work so well in KSP anyway, so your idea works better overall anyway. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.