Post your Rover MEGATHREAD

HoY

The Dune Bug, my latest rover – constructed with the goal to make it as small as possible, while still being a stable vehicle and serving a scientific purpose.

cute :) BUT what if you move the middle wheels slightly up, so the rear wheels touch the ground. And I would probably put the front wheels on one of these tiny struts and clip it through the probe core, so all the wheels are lined out nicely.. Just a thought :)

- - - Updated - - -

Edited by WooDzor

cute :) BUT what if you move the middle wheels slightly up, so the rear wheels touch the ground. And I would probably put the front wheels on one of these tiny struts and clip it through the probe core, so all the wheels are lined out nicely.. Just a thought :)

Thanks for the thoughts. Yes, the rear wheels need some replacing for the next version. Gravity on Kerbin did prevent the wheel sgetting off the ground during test phase, so the problem was first encountered on Duna. Regardless, it is almost impossible to flip the rover over, even when turning while going downhill in low gravity. But hey, i would never clip parts unless i really have to ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Not the prettiest thing I have ever build but,Probably most reliable and useful ground vehicle, This thing can climb up to 80 degree mountains,Can go fast as 60ms with rover wheels,And more than that if you open landing gear.

Jet engine is for helping to climb or gaining more speed. Aaaand,Yes. It can Fly. It has stable flying style,easy to use, hard to land,but not impossible. I managed to land several times but It also has built in parachutes,So landing wont be a problem.

http://imgur.com/a/lplvz

The Bat Mobile. You made the Bat Mobile!

I finally have the Wheelchair I talked about a little bit ago!

Here it is!

yZe1u5a.png

Looks right at home in the busy R&D center!

KHIMUyo.png

Compared to a truck:

F9EnMKF.png

Be careful, it flips over kinda easy on flat ground.

Here is the .craft file if you want to fiddle with it a bit:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zizmvv3ffwd06lb/Scooter.craft?dl=0

Edited by Spacepigu

Here is The Wanderer parked in front of Barefoot Station. It can support three Kerbals (life support via TAC LS) for more than 30 days on expeditions across the Mun.

The big honking docking port under the belly was actually a mistake, but hey, now it's on the Mun, so that's what it is. :)

RxJ7nyQ.png

rYAVAB2.png

• 2 weeks later...

This is the Scorpion, a reconnaissance and rescue rover. It has movable arms and tail via Infernal Robotics. I also have a stock version, but it's boring. It can drive and grab any debris or Kerbal it encounters. The "stinger" and "poison gland" are detachable and form a drone that can fly around via RCS. It can be used to mark spots or on low gravity bodies to get an overview of the surroundings.

geVT10L.png

chHCkEz.png

• 4 weeks later...

These two Rovers are designed for the exploration of Bop and Pol. They can be redocked to the lander once deployed. The second rover "Dragonfly" comes with an electrical engine for vertical exploration.

http://<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="//imgur.com/a/tsEqg/embed?background=f2f2f2&text=1a1a1a&link=4e76c9"></iframe>

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.