Did your account get deleted?

Stealth2668

Okay... the moderator really have to see through all posts.

@mod-who-reads-this haha xD

We suffer with you^^

It seems that the glitch is inconsistent. I'm seeing posts now from people with less than 5 posts, while other people who have way more than that are still appearing in the queue.

The issue is being worked on, we'll probably notice fairly quickly when it is resolved.

wow, this sucked. I was away from KSP for a few weeks and saw the tweeter feed about this. I recreated my account, but I guess all the past post I made are gone. Oh, well, times to make new posts.

Would be fun to know what the forum's elder/reborn ratio is, hehe.

~16000+ user accounts and ~200.000+ posts were lost

(compared archive.org snapshot of 27th march and todays numbers)

~16000+ user accounts and ~200.000+ posts were lost

(compared archive.org snapshot of 27th march and todays numbers)

thats what makes the case for them simply deleting all posts and starting the forums from scratch. the general discussion section has over 100 pages of old posts that are entirely irrelevant to any recent version of KSP, and no one will really ever need them for anything. this makes searching the forums useless because most of those results will be irrelevant data, and just clutters the forums.

at this point, no backup is better than such an old backup and I can't believe whoever is in charge of the forums decisions didn't realize that.

This event has not only erased enormous amounts of data, it has also created three distinct member types: elders, reborns and newcomers.

I smell a war coming :)

For some reason, I'm not getting the moderatory block whenever I try to post, and my post count is currently under 5..

I also never got an email to confirm my registration, but I did contact help/support about it so maybe that's it...

Anyhow, yes I did get deleted. Keep calm and carry on.

Ya I believe they turned it off for now because yesterday people were still getting their posts checked even though they posted more than 5 times. Also I'm sure they got better things to do atm

thats what makes the case for them simply deleting all posts and starting the forums from scratch. the general discussion section has over 100 pages of old posts that are entirely irrelevant to any recent version of KSP, and no one will really ever need them for anything. this makes searching the forums useless because most of those results will be irrelevant data, and just clutters the forums.

at this point, no backup is better than such an old backup and I can't believe whoever is in charge of the forums decisions didn't realize that.

Ya someone brought that up too. There's no point in outdated conversations on older versions of the game to be here so they might as well have started fresh, but I think the ONLY reason why they didn't do that is because all accounts would be gone too, and they wanted to save as many as possible.

My account was not deleted, but after the forums came up the registered password was different than what it was before the forums went down. Since I did not remember the password I tried to reset, but that service was down until sometime today. Works now though! I was really confused though because my account is really old, so it made no sense that I could not log in.

Been a long time member, so my account appears to be intact. Sad to see this happen to so many people, though :(.

Ah, looks like my signature and avatar didn't survive, though, so I'll have to set them up again.

Edited by CobraA1

Yep, Got deleted too.

Too bad but most importantly the forum is back online.

On the positive side: The wipe did remove a lot of troll and spam accounts. :wink:

Edited by Tex_NL

Rep point backup restoration I hope?

Probably not. It was difficult enough to restore the developer's blogs where possible, and the damaged backups meant that much of the data was just plain unrecoverable. Don't worry, if you earned a good rep before you can definitely accomplish it again.

My account is still here but.....

i lost over 80% of my posts and all my rep points, stupid nub messing with the server

It happens. You'll make better ones.

Been a long time member, so my account appears to be intact. Sad to see this happen to so many people, though :(.

Ah, looks like my signature and avatar didn't survive, though, so I'll have to set them up again.

Signatures and avatars were reverted to as they were in October 2012. Many people observed that their old sigs and avatars came back, as that information was preserved in the old backup.

My account was not deleted, but after the forums came up the registered password was different than what it was before the forums went down. Since I did not remember the password I tried to reset, but that service was down until sometime today. Works now though! I was really confused though because my account is really old, so it made no sense that I could not log in.

It's likely that the problems with password resets and email activations have to do with the surge of registrations. The emails become backlogged in the server when there is a spike in new registrations because other email servers start rejecting them as possible spam. It takes a few hours for the other servers to realize that they're legitimate and start accepting them again.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.