[0.21.x] Kerbal Crew Manifest v0.5.5.0 Released! 0.21 Compatible!!!

vXSovereignXv

I have searched this thread and the closest answer I got was: "it changes the characteristics of the kerbal." So here is my question, what exactly does courage and stupidity do? What does selecting badass do?

Does a stupid Kerbal make scared faces more or less often? Does a brave kerbal freak out less? Does badass just change their flight suite color?

Still can't get my icons to show... The mod works, and I can click the hatch doors to activate it, but no access to the manifest. I'm on Windows 7, latest version of KSP on Steam. I've tried putting the Crew Manifest folder in the GameData directory, putting the Plugin and PluginData folders on the KSP directories, still can't get the icons to show. Am I missing something?

EDIT: Just tried again, removed all of my mods but this one. I didn't put any files or folders outside of GameData. Still nothing. I even started a new save file and deleted my old ones, no luck.

Edited by Astrobot
Additional information added

AstroBot,

First delete everythign you have done. Everything.

Then double check that you have deleted everything, everywhere, <ksp/gamedata, ksp/plugin, ksp/plugindata, kps/parts EVerything

then,

Copy the Game data folder from the crew manifest zip file, to your KPS folder, so that it merges with the existing gamedata folder.

DO NOTHING ELSE

DO NOT put any files anywhere else.

AstroBot,

First delete everythign you have done. Everything.

Then double check that you have deleted everything, everywhere, <ksp/gamedata, ksp/plugin, ksp/plugindata, kps/parts EVerything

then,

Copy the Game data folder from the crew manifest zip file, to your KPS folder, so that it merges with the existing gamedata folder.

DO NOTHING ELSE

DO NOT put any files anywhere else.

Yes AstroBot, do exactly as Fyrem said. There should be nothing related to this mod outside of the GameData folder. Copy the contents of the GameData folder from the zip file directly into the GameData folder on your KSP client. Also make sure you have the latest release.

Thanks, I got it to work a little while ago. I removed all mods and re-downloaded the latest release (I already had it, but I wanted to give one last shot). When I went and installed again it worked on the first run, then I installed everything back and it's all working now. Thanks for the help guys.

I'm not sure if this was asked already, but I seem to be having an issue where the icon for the crew transfer window appears as a tiny white box with a red question mark. Any recommendations for this?

I'm not sure if this was asked already, but I seem to be having an issue where the icon for the crew transfer window appears as a tiny white box with a red question mark. Any recommendations for this?

What OS are you using?

Make sure this folder exists in your KSP install directory: {Location of install}\KSP_win\GameData\CrewManifest\Plugins\PluginData\CrewManifest\

There should be three files there: config.xml, IconOn.png, and IconOff.png

If any of those are missing it will cause problems. You can also enable the debug console in the settings to see what path it's trying to load the icons from.

manifestinstall.png

There a bug in CrewManifest. If the current vessel is a kerbal on the launch pad or you have kerbals on external seats, they are listed as pods too. And you can remove or replace their "soul".

There a bug in CrewManifest. If the current vessel is a kerbal on the launch pad or you have kerbals on external seats, they are listed as pods too. And you can remove or replace their "soul".

Yes I found that when I was fussing around with seats. Just don't mess with their souls for now :P

I'll fix for the next version.

So how difficult is it to change the name list in KSP, does anyone know? I notice there's only male names in there, and I would like to have an equal opportunity space program - given such luminaries as Valentina Tereshkova and Sally Ride, to name just two. I haven't found anything resembling a resource file - so is the list hardcoded into the game?

You can use this mod to create Kerbals with whatever name you want, but you can also edit your persistent file and add the the names there. Just be real careful editing your persistent file. Make a copy first. Then copy the coding for an already existing crew member not on a flight. Make your changes and there you go. But this mod makes that all so much easier. No editing of persistent files, etc.

So how difficult is it to change the name list in KSP, does anyone know? I notice there's only male names in there, and I would like to have an equal opportunity space program - given such luminaries as Valentina Tereshkova and Sally Ride, to name just two. I haven't found anything resembling a resource file - so is the list hardcoded into the game?

I think the list of actually hardcoded names in the game is very short. Your crew always contains Jeb, Bill and Bob, but others typically don't match, and there's probably some routine at work which assembles name-like words from syllables. If that is the case, it's probably impossible to modify, and your best bet is to generate a lineup with Crew Manifest manually, or, if you need a LOT of names, to do that with the persistence file directly.

I think the list of actually hardcoded names in the game is very short. Your crew always contains Jeb, Bill and Bob, but others typically don't match, and there's probably some routine at work which assembles name-like words from syllables. If that is the case, it's probably impossible to modify, and your best bet is to generate a lineup with Crew Manifest manually, or, if you need a LOT of names, to do that with the persistence file directly.

I suspect you're right. Kinda annoying, that. It seems like the kind of thing that is ripe for being in a config file somewhere rather than compiled into the game itself. Ah well. I hear we will get female kerbals 'near the end of development'. So some time in 2019 maybe.

But I'm not bitter.

Make sure this folder exists in your KSP install directory: {Location of install}\KSP_win\GameData\CrewManifest\Plugins\PluginData\CrewManifest\

There should be three files there: config.xml, IconOn.png, and IconOff.png

If any of those are missing it will cause problems. You can also enable the debug console in the settings to see what path it's trying to load the icons from.

manifestinstall.png

So, on MacOS I'm seeing this problem with the QuestionMark instead of an Icon BUT I've confirmed the directory structure as above.

Any ideas?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.