[0.21.1] Ordan Industries Telescope! Last Updated August 23, 2013!

hubbazoot

Smaller telescopes? Telescope lenses that allow me to custom-build a probe around it? :) i.e. a single flat bit I can slap atop a probe core, and then fill in the rest?

So you want to do this with a plugin then? lol Or do you really want to turn a set of, currently, one piece telescopes into a set or 4-5 piece telescopes? I think I'm misunderstanding what your saying.

Edited by Orphican

The link on the main post leads to a zip file, inside the zip file is a readme.txt, inside that it says the version is for 0.20.0.162 of KSP and that the version is 2.1.3 which is the same version as for 0.20.0.162 so how do I get the updated mod?

Second question what has this version resolved over the previous version and what may not still work? (like viewing certain planets)

Thanks!

Edited by Aedda

Ok I really want to get this mod to work but I am confused about what I need to do to make it work. Can someone who has it working properly (viewing all planets/moons) in 0.21 reply with a brief tutorial on installing and updating whatever needs to be updated? I would be most thankful.

I'll spend some quality time with this plugin tonight and update things.

Awesome! Just so you know, it now wants to put 3 kerbals in the large telescope and won't operate without them. You could put a probe body on it I suppose, but I'm sure you could fiddle with the .cfg to make it work like a probe.

Does the reaction wheel mean we can take advantage of the new steady SAS to use MechJeb to track a targeted planet smoothly?

It's a standard reaction wheel. Sooo....maybe? MechJeb may be too coarse for tracking planets. I had issues with it overadjusting when I tried in the past.

It's a standard reaction wheel. Sooo....maybe? MechJeb may be too coarse for tracking planets. I had issues with it overadjusting when I tried in the past.

Before this update, I didn't have any problem with Smart A.S.S. holding a planetary target. It can be slightly twitchy, though.

I honestly didn't have a problem with how slow the thing tracked before. I put a small remote control core on it last night and it tracked pretty fast.

I haven't gotten the new version since last night. I'll have to de-orbit the old one and put an updated one up.

I wouldn't expect any guarantees, anyway. :) It is what it is.

That being said, I haven't had any issues with Ordan and MJ, for whatever it's worth. I usually add a line to the .cfg to make MJ integral to the pod.

Great mod, hubbazoot. I love mods that have science or give some reason for doing something other than "because". Between this and Mapsat, it's a great vehicle for doing things like Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter. Add things like Graphotron and you can really do some sciency stuff.

Does the reaction wheel mean we can take advantage of the new steady SAS to use MechJeb to track a targeted planet smoothly?

Yes, MechJen is able to track target and tries very hard to keep your selected planet/moon/whatever in the middle of image. But with high levels of zoom image begins to shake very rapidly, as MechJeb is correcting direction of telescope - very small corrections, thanks to long distances between your telescope and its targets even small and quick correction make image shaken. You can somehow negate this effect using time warp, but you can't change direction your telescope is pointed in time warp... But in general, yes, it works, I belive there's a way how to mitigate corrections and their effect (heavier telescope? low-thrust rcs instead of SAS? field of experiments is wide open ;) but I had no time to experiment more, as I discovered this plugin just yesterday :)

Ok trying it out now. Bit confused though - why are there 4 plugins? BOSS doesn't even work lately.

Edit: Nope, extremely jittery, mechjeb target never on screen for more than a moment, vanilla SAS does not hold the vehicle still either, always drifts away. Perhaps I'm suffering a mod-mod incompatibility.

Edited by GavinZac

I've been having a problem with this mod, when I try to look at planets they get glitchy and start getting hexagon patterns on it like the Kethane maps, at first I thought It was Kethane interfering with it and started a fresh ksp with this mod, but it still happens, the farther I can look without it glitching is Minmus. I have no scanning mods.

What is causing this?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.