(0.23) Wayland Corp. Development and released download Thread (new parts)

Devo

What classic ship would you like to fly next? these are in production...  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What classic ship would you like to fly next? these are in production...

• Biodomes from "Silent Running" w/animated doors and delivery system
    • ALIENS Marine Dropship (fully animated]
    • ALIENS APC Transport
    • ALIENS: The Sulaco
    • Star Wars - YT-1300 Milennium Falcon, Low poly, fully animated (landing ramp, cargo bay etc)
    • Star Wars - Boba Fett SLAVE1 (fully animated)
    • Star Wars - Rebel B-Wing fighter.
    • Star Wars - Original X-Wing.

Well it sure has been a long time, eh?

Went through a fair amount of upheavals that kept me away from KSP. (I pretty much missed all of the .24 release.)

Well I'm back! And flying stuff, getting practice back in. LOVE the new stock spaceplane parts.

But of course, what would a post from me on the Wayland thread be without talking about my favorite subject? Well good news!

THE EAGLE LIVES!!!

wWonhwa.png

I admit - I was apprehensive about loading the Eagle parts into .25. I thought for sure there'd be some need to tweak the CFG. Some weird code issue that needed to be resolved. Some weirdness I'd have to ask Devo about.

NOPE!

All the basic parts for the Wayland Eagle work JUST FINE. And - the mods that I made for them ALSO work just fine. Even the modded cockpit interior with the FASA Gemini cockpit IVA works perfectly. Check it -

H0Pj2jB.png

(You can tell it's KSP .25 because I have the new volumetric clouds from the E.V.E. pack and you can see them in these screenshots)

I didn't even download new copies of the Eagle components. I just pulled the parts files directly from my .23 folder straight into .25. Boom. No muss, no fuss.

The only minor issue I noticed is that the Gear no longer automatically links to the "G" key. But that was easily fixable by just adding the Eagle's Gear pods to the Gear action group. After that - works perfectly.

(Eagle on the testing rig retracting the gear)

Kn4u4e6.png

Of course the same issues that the Eagle had before still exist - mainly the landing gear bug (that's why I started out on that test rig above). She's just as stable (or not) as she ever was. Which basically means that as always, you really don't want to fly the Eagle completely manually. Always fly it with Mechjeb assist. (But don't trust Mechjeb to land!)

Now there are some issues with some of the other mods that have made up my Eagle Mission Pods. I'm having some issues getting the game to work with the LLL Parts. Lackluster himself seems to have had enough issues he got frustrated and stopped updating his parts, which is a real shame. But others in that thread seem to have done some work figuring out what works and what doesn't and doing some updates for .25. So I'm hoping to get that resolved. What I'm going to do is concentrate on loading up ONLY the most necessary parts from LLL and making sure each one works without making the game crash. (At least not crashing any more than it already does, anyway.)

Assuming I can get that resolved, then I'll make an updated parts, mods and pods package which I"ll update in my signature link. I'll include everything needed to insert the Eagles and pods into the game in Sandbox mode. I have no clue about how to tweak the code to make the Eagle parts appear in career mode with the tech tree - so don't bother asking. If YOU want to take a try at it, and you're successful, by all means let me know how to mod the code and I'll add that to the package as well.

I also need to find the latest version of quantum struts and see if that will work.

Also - Devo - I registered over at your site. I'll be downloading the Oblivion pod for testing (and also to see if there's any mods to the code you made that might be usable or portable over to the Eagle parts.)

But hey - I'm just happy the basic parts for the Eagle work! They didn't get broken at all! Woot!

So - here's some beauty shots of the test Eagle ascending up to orbit.

Later!

N4vXqjM.png

Dx5zaqI.png

9YjWR9S.png

OuQnb1a.png

I now have a new version of my Mods and Pods files.

Since the Wayland Eagle Mk 3 is a little hard to find these days, I've included all of it's parts in the zip file in my signature. You want the Space 1999 Eagle? Click on the link in my signature and download it.

Pods included (both as Sub-Assemblies and as fully kitted Eagles ready for launch -

- Standard Passenger Pod Eagle.

XV5h1VD.png

- Heavy Lift Passenger Pod with extra thrusters. Based on the "Lab Pod" from Space 1999 Season 2.

mmLVW9I.png

- Kethane Prospector Pod - All the equipment you'll ever need to survey a world for Kethane Deposits and to set down and mine the sweet green. Pod can be left behind on it's own to serve as a refueling outpost. Includes Kethane sensors and Basic Scansat mapping sensors.

3mWLNzU.png

XJ6G2Jz.png

ncrYwJS.png

- The Beagle Rover - Using LLL Parts, the Beagle will fit under the Eagle's truss for transport to the Mun or Minmus. Unlike the other pods, the Beagle can NOT be picked back up once dropped. One way trip only! And the initial take-off from Kerbin is a bit tricky. Fair warning!

zhEUTgF.png

DshtfPp.png

4yIrNsu.png

qJ6VsZn.png

Mods needed that are not included in this file.

-- Mechjeb

-- Kerbal Attachment System (KAS)

-- Kethane

-- Lackluster Labs (LLL)

(A note about LLL - I have included specific parts that I have modded. Specifically the landing legs/skids which have had their rescale factors tweaked. Load those modded parts AFTER you install the main LLL mod. And allow it to overwrite those part configs.)

-- Quantum Struts Continued

-- SCANSat

-- Module Manager

-- You'll also need the toolbar mod.

I also highly recommend Diezo's RCS Landing Assist mod.

Coming soon in an update, I'll have a basic cargo platform, a probe carrier, and other assorted odds and ends that an Eagle can lift and carry.

Cheers!

Edited by Logan.Darklighter

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys..

My hosting account was suspended because spammers were sending out so much spam mail from the forums that my hosting provider shut it down while we get it fixed. A very long story short, PHPBB sucks to high heaven. It is the most hackable and unsecure forum system I've seen.. it used to be semi-ok but now it's a complete joke. I have not had the account unsuspended yet because I am still setting up the new forums. The account isnt suspended, access to the sites is, so I still have backend control. I just havent emailed them yet to say it's all fixed.

Hosting Account Suspended

YOUR WEBSITE HAS BEEN SUSPENDED

This hosting account has been suspended and disabled by our system. A reason has been provided below. Please contact us for more information or apply again.

devogeninteractive.com

Status Suspended

Reason sending out spam to email addresses that doesn\'t exist. forum maybe compromised with bot.

I am working full time at the moment and just had the christmas period, so have been literally flat out but that is calming down now. I Really want to get to work on some new mods, I get so bogged down fixing old ones it takes a bit of the fun out of it all to be completely honest. When I'm making something new I tend to get more excited about it. I have so many unfinished and unreleased ships it is rediculous. Some good ideas, some half brained stupid things.

The first mod I ever said I was working on back in.. ergh, 2011 now? was the Sulaco... and I still want to get that b*stard finished off. I don't care if no one uses it or likes it LOL... but I want to finish this thing. I have become such a better modeller thanks to KSP and even the Sulaco has been improved upon and improved upon many times over the years now, probably more hours put into that than any mod i've made - but it still might be a while.

I really don't know what do make next to be honest, I did the drone and bubble ship and that drained me a bit, mainly because they were such a pain to make aerodynamic and fly like the movie, ie the gimbal in the Bubbleship took days to model, boolean operation after boolean operation... cutting cylinders out of spheres etc... ergh. But.. end result was pretty close to the movie so was happy with that one.

So.. any great suggestions? any ships you think could be made relatively easily or would serve a decent purpose to KSP? the LackLuster cargo bays were a perfect fit for the Eagle, so thats why I never finished my ones, his are excellent.

Edited by Devo

Maybe you could release the Pegasus X-3 as it is currently, and then we could help you fix any eventual problems with it?

EDIT: Oh, and something I'd really like; a lower stack node for the mech-pod, and perhaps a docking port/parachute hybrid too. Then we could put the mech-pod on top of a rocket.

Hey Devo! Great to see you're still around!

The Eagle works. As far as functionality - it's done as far as I'm concerned. I've made my own tweaks to it that make it run just fine.

My only request - just do a re-compile for .90 and actually post it again! I'd recommend posting it on Curse and Kerbalstuff. Some of your other mods also only need minor update work. But the Eagle's the big one for me of course - and it wasn't even broken up through KSP .25.

Do you realize that now, unless you already have a copy (or get a copy from my link below) that there's no way to find or download the Eagle Mk 3? That's a crying shame!

If you do update it, it badly needs its own IVA - that's the main thing I'd want in an update. Full Rastor compatibility if possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Incidentally, I actually did an asteroid re-direct with an Eagle. It really can do damn near ANYTHING. :D

Hey - some good news.

Turns out the Eagle may not NEED updating for .90. At least not for sandbox mode anyway. Career and Science is another matter. But then it always was.

Apparently some of the craft files in my link below don't work, but others do, according to another forum poster. Which indicates it's not the Eagle Mod parts that are the problem, but some of the parts I used in the pods I made. I may be able to simply recreate those pods with the .90 versions of those parts and it will all work.

Hey devo, you do fly copters as well. Greetings from a fellow pilot! :wink:

Any news on Valkyre?

And your site is dead. Erased by virus or something like that:

SpamBots have infected this board, it will be replaced with a new one soon.

Edited by sashan

It would be really swell if you could revive your various rover wheels. There is sadly little variety among the ones that work in v0.90 right now.

As far as new parts, perhaps something creepy-organic inspired by the ship in Prometheus, with bits of Vorlon or Zentraedi or other really alien designs. The high-tech, quasi realistic look has been done to death, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Logan ironically I spent most of the last week doing tweaks to the cfgs of the Eagle to make it usable in campaign and trying to remove any lingering bugs the original craft had. Ive gotten it balanced so you don't need mech-jeb or massive amounts of RCS to fly, fixed the odd center of mass for the command pod and overall adjusted it slightly larger so any pods made with LLL can be exactly 2 tanks, docks and end caps. Just minor offsets with CBMs needed. If you want to take a peak at it let me know. Just trying to nail down an odd glitch with the command pods nodes when switching back to it after l return to space center. BTW If anyone knows what would cause a parts nodes to shift when reloaded it would be of help.

Yea there are a few issues with the craft files, LLL has changed up his parts alot, and the craft file with the Scansat parts actually locks up the game.

Edited by DigitalProeliator

Logan ironically I spent most of the last week doing tweaks to the cfgs of the Eagle to make it usable in campaign and trying to remove any lingering bugs the original craft had. I've gotten it balanced so you don't need mech-jeb or massive amounts of RCS to fly, fixed the odd center of mass for the command pod and overall adjusted it slightly larger so any pods made with LLL can be exactly 2 tanks, docks and end caps. Just minor offsets with CBMs needed. Just trying to nail down an odd glitch with the command pods nodes when switching back to it after l return to space center. BTW If anyone knows what would cause a parts nodes to shift when reloaded it would be of help.

That's excellent to hear.

Sorry but I can't help on the parts nodes shifting. I have no clue.

When you say "usable in campaign" do you mean in career/science mode as well as sandbox?

BTW - just a suggestion - If you made the Eagle slightly larger, keep the actual cockpit pod the same size as it was before, because compared to the source material, the Wayland Eagle's cockpit pod was always a bit oversized. Not so much as to look bad, but noticeable if you did a side-by-side comparison with models/shots from the original show.

Would love to have a copy of this to test-fly when you're finished, of course.

Sure it would be a good way to see if its something on my end causing the odd glitch. The only mod that would be required would be LLL, but KAS and Karbonite will be also if you want to check out the sub-assemblies. https://www.dropbox.com/s/dz4ucpkgg3p0aru/Eagle%20Shared.7z?dl=0

As for the resizing it was very minor. Like from 0.6-0.62 barely noticeable overall.

Edited by DigitalProeliator

• 2 weeks later...

Im trying to sign up on your website, but I can not due to the following message "SpamBots have infected this board, it will be replaced with a new one soon." do you have any news as to when the downloads will be back up. also have you tried hosting them on either Curse or Kerbal Stuff?

Hi Devo, I haven't been around long enough to know the story behind why you went out in left field hosting on your own (there must be a story :wink:) but with the site down and not a lot of work being done on all these great mods now would be an opportune time to let them out into the wild and put them up on Curse or Kerbal Stuff.

What was the point of all your hard work putting these amazing pieces together if nobody can enjoy the results?

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.