(0.23) Wayland Corp. Development and released download Thread (new parts)

Devo

What classic ship would you like to fly next? these are in production...  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What classic ship would you like to fly next? these are in production...

• Biodomes from "Silent Running" w/animated doors and delivery system
    • ALIENS Marine Dropship (fully animated]
    • ALIENS APC Transport
    • ALIENS: The Sulaco
    • Star Wars - YT-1300 Milennium Falcon, Low poly, fully animated (landing ramp, cargo bay etc)
    • Star Wars - Boba Fett SLAVE1 (fully animated)
    • Star Wars - Rebel B-Wing fighter.
    • Star Wars - Original X-Wing.

I've tried signing up to the site too, but everything seems disabled. A real shame as some of the Wayland mods have been the most fun I've had in KSP. Hopefully available again soon.

He posted this two months ago:

My hosting account was suspended because spammers were sending out so much spam mail from the forums that my hosting provider shut it down while we get it fixed.

Site is probably going to remain down until Devo becomes active on the forums again. I think everyone has used one of Devo's mods at some point or another. I especially remember the Pegasus shuttle in earlier KSP versions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Your welcome. Thankfully I'm a bit of a pack rat when it comes to mods. :)

Do you happen to know off-hand if these work in the current version? Or if they're legacy only as of right now? :P

Don't want to download them if I'm not going to be able to use them yet, heh.

They are definitely legacy. Some of them would work fine in sandbox and would be relatively easy to update to work in career, but I cant remember offhand which ones.. Did you have one or two particularly in mind? I could see what I could do.

I'm greatly interested in the Pegasus shuttle. I remember testing it and having a hell of a time with it. :)

Is the WT-51 possible, too?

I'm greatly interested in the Pegasus shuttle. I remember testing it and having a hell of a time with it. :)

Is the WT-51 possible, too?

The Pegasus is flying really weird at the moment. I sort of have it working...

I have taken a pretty long break from the game (long enough to miss playing it anyway...) I saw they had released v1.0 and thought I would check it out, it seems reasonably stable. My issue is all my ships are so stupidly sci fi, it appears they have really made the physics a little less forgiving than they used to be, or there is a new way to get around the things that stop the fun ships.

I got the bubbleship and the drone working for the new version... but somethings just not right.

The bubbleship seems to lose its aerodynamics a lot easier now, much like the pegasus does.. so basically I am trying to figure out why now, going through all the old unity files and seeing if things need to be re-exported instead of just config file fixed.

The WT-51 should be pretty straight forward, there are no real aerodynamics to speak of, its a brick with engines.. I haven't tried it yet but I see no reason it shouldn't be a relatively easy conversion to the new KSP.

I have taken a pretty long break from the game (long enough to miss playing it anyway...) I saw they had released v1.0 and thought I would check it out, it seems reasonably stable. My issue is all my ships are so stupidly sci fi, it appears they have really made the physics a little less forgiving than they used to be, or there is a new way to get around the things that stop the fun ships.

I got the bubbleship and the drone working for the new version... but somethings just not right.

The bubbleship seems to lose its aerodynamics a lot easier now, much like the pegasus does.. so basically I am trying to figure out why now, going through all the old unity files and seeing if things need to be re-exported instead of just config file fixed.

The WT-51 should be pretty straight forward, there are no real aerodynamics to speak of, its a brick with engines.. I haven't tried it yet but I see no reason it shouldn't be a relatively easy conversion to the new KSP.

cool, welcome back Devo, long time no see

Hmm... is there a way to extend the physics bounds of the Pegasus wings out larger than the model, for aerodynamics' sake? That's the one thing I can think of right now, seeing as you need bigger wings to lift up now.

And, thinking of it further, the new BIG-455 wings have a LOOOOT of lift to them. Like, seriously. xD

I was playing around with using the Mech-Pod as a lander for the Joolian Discovery. That was going pretty well (a few bits of trouble with parts). That and the freelancer rover (Mars needs Pickup Trucks!) if you're taking votes on what would be good to update next, those are my 2 preferences.

Glad to see you back on the boards Devo!

If you would upload the Pegasus V3 *AHEM AHEM* I'd gladly test it out in nuFAR, which shouldn't need any special configs as far as I understand. I'd like to try messing around with it, but it hasn't been available for download since the old spaceport was taken down.

Nowhere to download :'( any link? I'd love to try these out! They look awesome!

Me too , please ;-)

Hope to find a link to downlaod the Mk2 Eagle... i have found an old link of an first Eagle, but the most parts are not funktion / no visible in KSP 0.9.

Yeah, as a mod tweaker, it'd be nice to have download areas for the mods. Devo, I think I speak for everyone when I'd say we'd be happy to test out our favorites and help you get everything updated...

These looks outstanding. And I am super Curious to try the Egg, Pegasus and Eagle. Am not sure how compatible with 1.2. I see the Eagle might be?

Unfortunately your website got spambotted and there is no Place to download now. (I see some one posted a dropbox link)

I know life happens. But I hope to see the Eagle MK3, exact type of ship I have been seeking.

Edited by Ninjahgoblin

• 2 months later...

Hey Guys, long time no pee. Personal things took a toll on pretty much all my free time plus three kids also keeps you pretty busy.

I was going to get my mod site back up and running, and discovered that in the few weeks my site was not registered, someone went and registered waylandmods.com under another provider.. LOL..

Not sure who registered it, not sure why and to be honest don't really care all that much :) I expect they want me to offer them some money to buy it off them, but the chances of that are about the same as say... Miley Cyrus doing something useful.

So...

The question I have is if I was going to upload my mods to one of the many repositories there now are, what's the best one? or at least the most reliable?

Also - register your mods with CKAN. Despite some hiccups here and there, I've found that application to be invaluable in keeping track of my mods and what I'm using, as well as keeping up on updates to mods.

Glad to see you're back!

Edit: I think the site with the least headaches in upkeep on the developer end might be Kerbalstuff. That's what I've heard anyway.

Though for the player, the advantage of using Curse is that if you're looking for an older mod for an earlier version of the game, it keeps archives of mod versions. So say you're still running a .25 gamesave, and you want to find a version of a particular mod that's compatible with that version, look up the mod on Curse and then check the earlier game and mod versions.

Also - some mod makers use Github for mod uploads. But I DESPISE using that site, the UI there is confusing as HELL!!

All of the above is why I've taken to using CKAN primarily, then if a mod isn't showing up there, looking for it on Curse or Kerbalstuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and BTW Devo? Since you're Aussie, you might get a kick out of this. :D

Edited by Logan.Darklighter

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.