(0.23) Wayland Corp. Development and released download Thread (new parts)

Devo

What classic ship would you like to fly next? these are in production...  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What classic ship would you like to fly next? these are in production...

• Biodomes from "Silent Running" w/animated doors and delivery system
    • ALIENS Marine Dropship (fully animated]
    • ALIENS APC Transport
    • ALIENS: The Sulaco
    • Star Wars - YT-1300 Milennium Falcon, Low poly, fully animated (landing ramp, cargo bay etc)
    • Star Wars - Boba Fett SLAVE1 (fully animated)
    • Star Wars - Rebel B-Wing fighter.
    • Star Wars - Original X-Wing.

:0.0:

That's a biggun you got there Devo, and I absolutely love that opening nose! Is the cockpit and nose size-compatible with Mk3. Fuselages or is it too big for even those?

Erm nope sorry my friend, she is a little bigger...

image.php?id=038A_5171C775&jpg

I might release it actually, it's so close. I just need to get more fuel into it thats all, she flies to 25,000 metres (at 100+ tonnes) so yeah this is a fun one guys, so many ways to make it fly.

Eagle news: Can't use the engines from the MK2 release on the Spaceport as Devo made them "old style" and did not include the thrust vectors in unity, so I can't modify those to use monoprop, or anything else... Not to worry tho!!! I stashed away the old copies of the resource using engines that I mailed Devo a while back, so we are in business! :cool: Working on getting the balance right...

Also, Since Devo has made us a new awesome and HUGE ship, we need something to put in it, right? May I suggest this! (in keeping with the SciFi theme :D ) Imagine Rolling around on the Mun in THIS!

QDaCB06.jpg

Devo,

Man, where do you get your ideas? The '51 looks fantastic. Can't wait to fly her. Thanks Bro.

I'll be honest, the WT-51 came from nowhere lol, the forums where down.. I started with a cockpit as I was working on some IVA stuff (still working out kinks) and just made piece after piece. I actually really enjoyed making this, its alot more fun doing something original. I love Sci-fi but you are always resticted to trying to reproduce something, the WT-51 had no rules :)

Its pretty much ready to release, engines are go, tanks are go.. orbit and mun landing are go.. transport 4 x DEMV mk2 and 6 x demvmk5 + 8 demvmk3(bike) GO!

What I was having an issue with was the RCS systems. The stock ones were too hungry for mono, so I created some stupidly powered RCS to keep this thing straight when VTOl take off and landing.

So now, when I stick 4 of these puppy's on the WT-51, she will take off straight with a massive cargo. All you need to do is watch the centre of mass and keep objects inside the cargo holds weight balanced.

I present the HEX 12x RCS thruster, (1)500/(2)900th)

image.php?id=0060_5171EFE6&jpg

I found some VTOL Balance issues with the 51. Similar to that of the Eagle, really. But it's doing it without a load, so I think you need to angle the thrust of the main engine like you did with the Eagle (but then you'll likely run into the same issues when it carries a load that the Eagle did.

Let me say it clearly - VTOL Cargo carriers NEED "Two Position" rear engines like you wouldn't believe!

And MOTHER OF GOD the thing sucks down fuel like CRAZY! I have yet to achieve anything close to a stable orbit with it before it runs out. But that's mainly because I can't bloody fly the thing from the rear engine alone because it want to nose dive. I have to raise up to orbital height using the VTOL and that's wasteful of fuel.

Speaking of VTOL - it'd help things a lot if it would use the same mechanism as the Eagle for switching engines via Mech-Jeb. As it stands, I'm having to right click the rear engine "by hand" to turn it on and off.

And why is an ASAS Unit listed in "Structural" tab? And WHERE THE HECK DOES IT FIT?

I found some VTOL Balance issues with the 51. Similar to that of the Eagle, really. But it's doing it without a load, so I think you need to angle the thrust of the main engine like you did with the Eagle (but then you'll likely run into the same issues when it carries a load that the Eagle did.

Let me say it clearly - VTOL Cargo carriers NEED "Two Position" rear engines like you wouldn't believe!

And MOTHER OF GOD the thing sucks down fuel like CRAZY! I have yet to achieve anything close to a stable orbit with it before it runs out. But that's mainly because I can't bloody fly the thing from the rear engine alone because it want to nose dive. I have to raise up to orbital height using the VTOL and that's wasteful of fuel.

Speaking of VTOL - it'd help things a lot if it would use the same mechanism as the Eagle for switching engines via Mech-Jeb. As it stands, I'm having to right click the rear engine "by hand" to turn it on and off.

And why is an ASAS Unit listed in "Structural" tab? And WHERE THE HECK DOES IT FIT?

Logan, I have completely fixed the tanks and engines, they wont suck the fuel down and I added fuel to the legs too. I will send you a new link in about 30 mins.

The ASAS, snap angle fit it to the roof

image.php?id=EDCF_5171F7F2&jpg

Logan, set up your action groups for the engine (in the VAB up at the top) just set an action group the the Engine "toggles" and all you have to do to switch them is press a button! :wink:

Edit: Also I've got a post back on page 3 (it didn't show up at first cause of the forums 6 post rule) so check it out and let me know what you think?

Edited by UltraVires

Logan, set up your action groups for the engine (in the VAB up at the top) just set an action group the the Engine "toggles" and all you have to do to switch them is press a button! :wink:

Edit: Also I've got a post back on page 3 (it didn't show up at first cause of the forums 6 post rule) so check it out and let me know what you think?

sure, send us what youve got and we can do a new release. I have some new Munbase Alpha parts :)

Well, I don't need to ask yo so ill send you the test pack, you and Logan have been pretty helpful, and this thing is pretty fun to play with I gotta say.

The rings are a touch awkward, but I've had a lot of fun with them... the station ring in particular.

(allow clipping)

The rings were the second mod I ever made, the new versions will definitely please those who enjoyed the first lot, I put them on the backburner for a bit but now I figured out how to do solar panels and rotate them, I want to have a ring that has inbuilt everything. RCS, solar, battery arrays etc but all contained in the ring.

sure, send us what you've got and we can do a new release. I have some new Munbase Alpha parts :)

Well, I don't need to ask yo so ill send you the test pack, you and Logan have been pretty helpful, and this thing is pretty fun to play with I gotta say.

Cool! Also, some thoughts on Vtol... instead of using different engines, how about if it was ALL Vtol... as in, flies like a helicopter on Kerbin, and launches up and out just like a regular rocket? no engine switching, axis rotation or anything... What do you think?

And Logan is quite right! Not nearly enough Kerbals have been... Expended yet, to release this baby to the Public... Think of that much power in one Kerbal's hand! :cool:

Edited by UltraVires

Cool! Also, some thoughts on Vtol... instead of using different engines, how about if it was ALL Vtol... as in, flies like a helicopter on Kerbin, and launches up and out just like a regular rocket? no engine switching, axis rotation or anything... What do you think?

And Logan is quite right! Not nearly enough Kerbals have been... Expended yet, to release this baby to the Public... Think of that much power in one Kerbal's hand! :cool:

LIES! Just the right amount of power for my hands.

Oh BTW -

And - remember that movable Alpha Launch pad that I designed?

Here's a few pics.

screenshot108_zps2f0e99d0.png

screenshot109_zpse67e98b8.png

screenshot110_zps96bd6913.png

Well I realized something. When you start putting a whole bunch of stuff in the same general area, PART COUNT MATTERS. And this version of the launch pad had something like 40 parts. So I am looking at cutting the part count WAY down.

Also - thinking of how to get this thing up to the Mun - legitimately without Hyperedit. At first I was thinking of adding engines and stuff to it to fly itself there. But then I had the realization about the part count and knew I was going about it all wrong.

So instead of pushing it up there with engines underneath - I'm looking at moving it with a giant skycrane arrangement and then drop it into place with the skycrane.

Ideally, I'd like to add just a bare minimum of parts to allow things like docking and linking up with other Moonbase segments. And maybe an internal fuel supply and a docking port for refueling.

I'm also wondering about the possibility of using landing gear of various types to level the pad if it winds up I need to put it on not so level terrain. I have various ideas about that.

Glad to hear you're thinking of revisiting/expanding on the station rings. Big request I've got at this time would be for a ring that can rotate and have parts attached radially to it. That is, anything attached to the stack nodes at the hub wouldn't turn, but anything attached to the surface of the ring/to the struts would rotate with the ring. Would probably require tying into damned robotics. Constant rotation without having to hold down a button would be a big bonus.

Ready for crashing...

Updated first post, but will post here for convenience..

image.php?id=662A_51728AA6&jpg

The WT51 Kerban transport was designed... well.. really with no design plan in mind. Each piece frabricated

after the other, many beers were consumed by many kerbals in the wake of the forum disaster, and this was the result.

As per usual, this is the intiial release, please report any issues you find.

The included ships are in two configurations:

1. MK1. Single Rear engine, 2 xTwin Vtol, 4 x HEX RCS.

2. MK2 Triple Rear engines, stubby tank, 2x twin VTOl, 4 x HEX RCS

Notes to save comments:

* Yes, engines are overpowered but I think they fit the overall feel of the craft. Logan will also understand the need for it, the fuel

was being drained too fast and no matter how it was loaded or the amounts, to do this in a single or 2 stages was the aim, without mechjeb

engine toggling or mumech engines. These are all liquid engines, not a big deal to some, but the first I have ever released as I always used

mechjeb engines. So please, go easy on me :)

Tips for flight:

* If your nose tips at 10,000 metres, reduce thrust.

* Make sure you evenly balance cargo. Add extra VTOl if required for weight. Its 100 Kerbal Tonnes, it can lift half its weight when used correctly.

* If you cant surface attach or build inside the cargo, build it outside on the top and then move it inside.

* Windows are not colliders, this is intentional.Allows exiting the cargo bay area while doors are closed, while in space.

* Can be configured in many ways, the way I have balanced it is for mid centered mass and slightly rear thrust, with thrust vector.

Mediafire Download Link (until Spaceport Approved)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.