(0.23) Wayland Corp. Development and released download Thread (new parts)

Devo

What classic ship would you like to fly next? these are in production...  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What classic ship would you like to fly next? these are in production...

• Biodomes from "Silent Running" w/animated doors and delivery system
    • ALIENS Marine Dropship (fully animated]
    • ALIENS APC Transport
    • ALIENS: The Sulaco
    • Star Wars - YT-1300 Milennium Falcon, Low poly, fully animated (landing ramp, cargo bay etc)
    • Star Wars - Boba Fett SLAVE1 (fully animated)
    • Star Wars - Rebel B-Wing fighter.
    • Star Wars - Original X-Wing.

How about the opening theme for UFO.

Good choice! Here's a video with both the opening and closing themes. Though for some reason it STARTS with the closing theme and the opening theme starts at 1:03 in the video.

That closing theme though... ooooOOOOEEEEeeeeeooooOOOOO!!! :D

But for the ultimate in groovy launch music, I bet you can guess what I recommend. Oh go on. Guess... :D

Still, the "Doctor Who Trance Remix" Is amazing though, Cant you just feel how a launch would go? I say it's perfect for videos just give the correct credits and bam. Also it would be funny to see a kerbal dalek. Someone should make one, Logan you up for the challenge? Anyways, Eta on the Valkyrie? I really want to make it into a bomber or some form of dropship...which is it..urgh Anyways what I was thinking about is that we have a vehicle on a certain size plate attached by a decoupler, decouple -> vehicle slides on out -> Parachutes open -> Vehicle lands and decouples from plate -> ALONS-Y!

Well this is interesting.

I downloaded and I've been testing Ferram Aerospace. And it does NOT get along with the PX-2 Shuttles AT ALL. Yikes!! I think it's because the center of mass on the PX-2 shuttles is WAY forward of where it should be for a normal airframe.

The Eagle actually has fewer problems(!!!). But the performance envelope in atmosphere is VERY different. You can't just apply full thrust and expect not to tumble at low and medium altitudes. That "pitch down" tendency introduced with the Mk 3? VERY pronounced when using Ferram above certain speeds. You have to work your way up "out of the soup" as it were more carefully with the Eagle. Once you get out of the thick part of the atmosphere it returns to behaving like it has before.

That's actually... rather appropriate I think. Makes perfect sense that the Eagle would have issues flying in an atmosphere. That's not what it was designed for after all!

I haven't tested a descent from orbit yet. And I imagine I'll work out where it starts to tumble there as well. Hopefully without killing any kerbals. Maybe I'll just send one up under probe control.

EDIT: More interesting stuff: With Ferram Aerospace on, and if the Eagle is descending too quickly, it wants to flip over backwards and tumble. It's recoverable though. Basically it forces you to not freefall but to have a highly controlled - engines on - approach all the way in.

TL-DR version - With Ferram Aerospace installed, the PX-2 Shuttle goes from highly stable in atmosphere to about the most UNSTABLE thing imaginable.

The Eagle flies well - but only in a narrow envelope. Go too fast up and it wants to flip forward. Fall too fast down and it wants to flip backwards. Keep it in the "Goldilocks" envelope until you're out of the "soup" of the thick atmosphere and you'll be fine.

Edited by Logan.Darklighter

About the hyperring...looks awesome, works in .23, but it seems to be missing the attachment nodes for the six nacelles on the ring. It only has the two at the center. Any chance you can provide those? I have no idea how to add them apart from spending six hours with trial an error ;)

About the hyperring...looks awesome, works in .23, but it seems to be missing the attachment nodes for the six nacelles on the ring. It only has the two at the center. Any chance you can provide those? I have no idea how to add them apart from spending six hours with trial an error ;)

It never had any.

Try the spaceport page, the comments had someone working on those.

It never had any.

Try the spaceport page, the comments had someone working on those.

Ok, so how do you get a linear part like an engine's connection point to connect to those surfaces? Maybe I'm just missing something in KSP. :)

Edit: I see the comments, and will give them a shot. Thanks for pointing me in that direction!

Edited by Vladthemad

Ok, so how do you get a linear part like an engine's connection point to connect to those surfaces? Maybe I'm just missing something in KSP. :)

Edit: I see the comments, and will give them a shot. Thanks for pointing me in that direction!

No problem :)

My solution was to surface attach in 2x symetry, then fuel line them.(The 1.25m sections needed some fine adjustment to fit.)

Hey all,

Just popping in to say all done with my move, took a quick panoramic from the back deck. I have moved from the smog infested shackles of the city for a life in the country, and can't say I regret the move at all. Living in a city of 4 million people that became so overcrowded and expensive to live, moving to a place where there is .. literally no neighbours in sight, I have a few hundred acres to fly my quadcopters without fear of hitting a building.. I actually want to wake up at 6am and start modding ... lol.. it's definitely an improvement.

So basically, with a beer in hand, sitting on the back deck with a laptop in the other hand, this is where I'll be modding from now on. I am fortunate enough to be one of those people that gets along with my inlaws :) they were very kind and moved out of this house and to another on the property so we could stay here, so besides being a beautiful place, I am no longer paying $2500 a month to rent a house in Sydney Australia, so therefore right now all I'm concentrating is on getting my own thing off the ground (I have been developing games for a couple decades now.. time to put it all into action) and of course will continue with the modding!

image.php?id=1396_52E85CFB&jpg

I wanted to say thank you to those that threw something into my donation bucket. It really did help, and especially in all the expenses of moving kids to another school and moving house.. and at christmas time, all I can say is I was very humbly grateful, and the only reason I did not blast those names and a big thank you from the top of my lungs was simply to keep their individual privacy.

I should have my internet hooked up in the next 10 days (waiting for a free ADSL port.....) and I'll be back in business!

D.

I'm very interested in this mod pack. Are there any parts that are not OP?

No, most of my stuff is designed to take off and explore the galaxy . A text editor and a simple part.cfg edit can see all my craft back to underpowered, but then alot of the OP parts are there for a reason, big ships need big engines :)

Glad to see you're doing well, Devo! That's a hell of a backyard there! I envy you!

I've got a little project going, which I've been taking copious screenshots of. Remember that when I tested the old Mk 2 Eagle's ability to escape Eve and that overpowered beast was able to do it pretty easily? Perhaps -too- easily, really!

Well, the Mk 3 isn't so gobsmackingly over-powered and the fact that it uses normal fuels means that you can't just send it anywhere without support and a plan. That's a GOOD thing. Because it allows you to use the Eagles and not feel like you're using game cheats.

I am in the middle of a mission where I'm going to send an Eagle down to land on Eve and see if it can get back up to orbit again. I'm putting together a mission report I'm going to post over on the mission report forums. But here's a little preview:

NAEYTvM.png

a3LkZ97.png

HjQQM7Z.png

Lu6WSZo.png

Mk4l1ZF.png

Kos4TAp.png

Twiwe5S.png

ZnkZvdr.png

YwIYE7J.png

5wRiQ4u.png

pS108gH.png

xhqc0q7.png

02VqzBm.png

T4ZoTui.png

6wdn39F.png

01gzxfJ.png

6DW3o1p.png

UA1cfS4.png

perv3oI.png

h7NC6xr.png

LT42aOJ.png

VHppfNP.png

ZmAfEEK.png

kIx3DPp.png

kwGhtO3.png

mSuFHiA.png

Zcjrtke.png

a3EyJvf.png

Hey Devo, can you do the roger young?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_gJ8Z1XHowzQ/SZ4RwWmNMGI/AAAAAAAADXc/sgB11x1tlvw/s1600/Starship%252BTroopers%252BRoger%252BYoung.jpg

I think that ship is the best ship out of all the sci-fi movies! It is one tough ship, surviving an asteroid impact, a whole battle with hull breaches all over, and it's highly maneuverable. In the movie, two ships crashed not five hundred meters in front of it and it was able to dive down under them, clearing the whole ship of the wreck.

It would also be awesome if you could do the landers and escape pod it carries.

Hey Logan , do you by chance have a little quick guide on using mech jeb with the Eagle . I have been flying it by hand and and somewhat landing , but when using mech jeb it just hates life . Thx

I've actually done several posts throughout this thread and posted twitch videos with commentary showing how I pilot the Eagle. I just realized my previous "tutorial" is out of date since certain changes in .23 went through and I'm about to record a new version of that. I'll post a link when it's uploaded.

EDIT: Tutorial is done and published on Twitch:

Wayland Mk 3 Space Eagle Flight Tutorial

Edited by Logan.Darklighter

I've actually done several posts throughout this thread and posted twitch videos with commentary showing how I pilot the Eagle. I just realized my previous "tutorial" is out of date since certain changes in .23 went through and I'm about to record a new version of that. I'll post a link when it's uploaded.

EDIT: Tutorial is done and published on Twitch:

Wayland Mk 3 Space Eagle Flight Tutorial

Thanks a bunch Logan! your the man:cool:

Edit: Also he Devo what ever happend to the HMV-1 Mono Hover Wheel pack they looked so cool!

Edited by Termaul

Ill watch that Logan when I get internet ina few days wont load on mobile :(

Thanks a bunch Logan! your the man:cool:

Edit: Also he Devo what ever happend to the HMV-1 Mono Hover Wheel pack they looked so cool!

They were very impractical, but ill release them anyway hey? let me shuffle through my hard drive...

Ill watch that Logan when I get internet ina few days wont load on mobile :(

They were very impractical, but ill release them anyway hey? let me shuffle through my hard drive...

That would be neat thanks. :D Kerbals dont need practical they need more Boost!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.