(0.23) Wayland Corp. Development and released download Thread (new parts)

Devo

What classic ship would you like to fly next? these are in production...  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What classic ship would you like to fly next? these are in production...

• Biodomes from "Silent Running" w/animated doors and delivery system
    • ALIENS Marine Dropship (fully animated]
    • ALIENS APC Transport
    • ALIENS: The Sulaco
    • Star Wars - YT-1300 Milennium Falcon, Low poly, fully animated (landing ramp, cargo bay etc)
    • Star Wars - Boba Fett SLAVE1 (fully animated)
    • Star Wars - Rebel B-Wing fighter.
    • Star Wars - Original X-Wing.

I have a tonne of landing gear. Would love to release a few but thats still waiting on Sirkut and the animator.

I found the mono hover wheels, ill just make sure they work and ill upload them, havent used them since 0.21

I have a tonne of landing gear. Would love to release a few but thats still waiting on Sirkut and the animator.

I found the mono hover wheels, ill just make sure they work and ill upload them, havent used them since 0.21

If you need any testing done let me know , cant get enough of these parts.

Oh boy, who do I have to kill to get some new, GOOD landing legs? I mean, words cannot even describe how much I want new landing legs!

:)

Sooo... some time ago, Sirkut said that the only thing holding off on the release of the animator, was that your landing legs weren't ready. I'm confused. What did I get wrong?

(Oh, and is it possible to use the landing legs without the animator? Not that I plan on it, but... you know)

Sooo... some time ago, Sirkut said that the only thing holding off on the release of the animator, was that your landing legs weren't ready. I'm confused. What did I get wrong?

(Oh, and is it possible to use the landing legs without the animator? Not that I plan on it, but... you know)

Yeah, now it's the other way around..

You know what, I think there is no reason we cant release them as stock legs and then later with the animator. Let me shuffle around and find something. I am on limited internet still so uploading stuff is tricky.

Speaking of landing legs, I don't suppose some attention could be paid to the wierd landing gear bug that's afflicted the Space Eagle since the beginning? The one that makes the legs jitter around until you raise and lower them in the air? (Bug won't clear just from doing it on the ground. Has to be flying.)

LLL Landing legs successfully telescope up and down. Several other sets of landing legs (Like the AIES set) have no problems with telescoping functions without this weird glitch. So perhaps it's time to figure this out?

Speaking of landing legs, I don't suppose some attention could be paid to the wierd landing gear bug that's afflicted the Space Eagle since the beginning? The one that makes the legs jitter around until you raise and lower them in the air? (Bug won't clear just from doing it on the ground. Has to be flying.)

LLL Landing legs successfully telescope up and down. Several other sets of landing legs (Like the AIES set) have no problems with telescoping functions without this weird glitch. So perhaps it's time to figure this out?

Mate, I think really with the Eagle legs I made the collider too large for the feet, or a bad collider system.

Over the past couple years I have learnt alot, and unfortunately on some of my earlier ships my shortcomings were more obvious.. :) Having spent now the last 3 months diving pig-poop deep into Unity and Blender and actually making my own games, I learned even more and now discovered most of the reasons I had issues with parts that I did.

I have decided to pretty cease development on the PegasusPx2, the WT-51 and most of my other mods. They are just zapping time that could be better spent on other things.

Instead of revamping the WT, the Eagle is in the workshop now.

So Logan, this is your chance my friend. You have been the most instrumental of pilots in this puppy. What do you want changed? resized? fixed?

the landing legs will be priority one, ill have them as tight as brand new jar of vegemite!

Mate, I think really with the Eagle legs I made the collider too large for the feet, or a bad collider system.

Over the past couple years I have learnt alot, and unfortunately on some of my earlier ships my shortcomings were more obvious.. :) Having spent now the last 3 months diving pig-poop deep into Unity and Blender and actually making my own games, I learned even more and now discovered most of the reasons I had issues with parts that I did.

I have decided to pretty cease development on the PegasusPx2, the WT-51 and most of my other mods. They are just zapping time that could be better spent on other things.

So Logan, this is your chance my friend. You have been the most instrumental of pilots in this puppy. What do you want changed? resized? fixed?

the landing legs will be priority one, ill have them as tight as brand new jar of vegemite!

Glad to see the Eagle is getting some work , I love that ship. Any word on those Mono wheels Devo would love to play with them.

Glad to see the Eagle is getting some work , I love that ship. Any word on those Mono wheels Devo would love to play with them.

They are with Sirkut, they are done and packed and they will be out with the new animator plugin which we've been yakking about for so long, it's going to add a whole new dimension of control to KSP. The new plugin release is imminent, but ill let sirkut let that cat out of the bag.

They are with Sirkut, they are done and packed and they will be out with the new animator plugin which we've been yakking about for so long, it's going to add a whole new dimension of control to KSP. The new plugin release is imminent, but ill let sirkut let that cat out of the bag.

Glad I subbed to this thread a while back, because my joystick has been itching for anything that could help improve the controls in this game! :D

Good to hear that eagle bug is gonna be fixed. I have lost many ships on landing because I forgot to cycle the gear...

So you are giving up on WT-52? Or just the 51? I liked the rover transportability that the 51 offered. Hopefully that shuttle you have in the works will fulfill that role :)

Nice to hear!

Well I think the size - as they appear now - does not need fixing. They're good as they are in terms of the size of the pads and the pods.

I think the main thing is just to get the bug fixed. Just so that a pilot doesn't have to "cycle" the gear before landing. Or upon re-spawning from a save when it's landed.

Other than that, I only have two suggestions and they are very OPTIONAL:

One: The landing leg length could be adjusted to more accurately reflect the source material. Your Eagle sits low to the ground compared to the original. This sometimes is a problem when landing on slopes. I wouldn't suggest resizing the pod itself. Just making that one vertical bar of the landing leg itself just a bit longer (not wider!). Unless you HAVE to in order to make that bar fit inside! On the scale of a Kerbal, I'd think not much more than a foot-height (a Kerbal foot) would need to be added. If the leg can fully collapse and fit flush with the pod as it does now, but come out with just a little more length so that the Eagle can clear the ground a bit more. That'd be great.

Two: Purely cosmetic - the pods don't have much in the way of actual physical detail. You've got stuff printed on the skin. But no actual "grimblies" as the old FX model makers would call them. Check out the source material or the old Redspar Eagle and I think you'll see what I mean.

Again - If you can't do it, you can't do it. Priority is just the landing gear bug fix. But if you CAN or WANT to - great!

BTW - all of you - I've got a thread over in the Mission Reports section called - A Flight of Eagles - Mission to Eve. If you want to take a look and give some feedback it'd be appreciated!

I mention it because I'm almost ready to do the actual landing - and I'm wondering if I should hold off until any fixes come through!

Glad to see the Eagle is getting some love again! And glad things in life are working out well for you Devo! Could not agree with Logan more about the fixes. They all sound good. If I could add my one little suggestion, which is purely cosmetic. It goes along with Logan's about the "grimblies" or details on the model. The one thing I really loved about Redspars' Eagle (besides the fact that it was an Eagle :) ) was that it looked just like the one from the show, almost photo-realistic, and had tons of details all over it.

While I like the current "Kerbal-ized" version we have, I thought the Eagle looked pretty Kerbal as it was. I know you (Devo) changed the looks a bit to differentiate your Eagle from Redspar's, but I think enough time has passed that no one could accuse you of copying or imitating him. I know that making these changes would mean you have to re do the textures, but if your going to re do them anyways for Logan to add details, you might as well go the whole nine yards eh? :D Maybe you could even add some rust streaks or dirty spots to really give the Eagle that "Good ole reliable Space Truck" feel... :cool:

Besides, it's been far too long since I've done THIS!

mNNCALw.jpg

Edited by UltraVires

While we're at it on minor cosmetic suggestions - I've got another 2 - and I THINK they should be "easy".

1) A simple palette swap on the Command pod - make the upper windows orange instead of blue, and BLACK OUT the lower ones. Yes, that's right - BLACK. In all the source material I've ever seen, the lower "windows" are always "blacked out".

2) You've obviously already got a "door" on the back of the command pod that fits the Space 1999 style (though it is, of course, just a "decal"). Well - on the fore and aft sections of the main body, you've got some textures that I notice you've re-used with other of your craft designs. Why not replace those generic textures with that nice Space 1999 Door design you used for the back of the pod? I mean - it would make sense.

Either of the above suggestions are - once again - OPTIONAL. Only consider them if they won't take too much time away from other projects! If I REALLY get OCD about those windows on the command pod, I'll figure out how to make mods of those myself! LOL :D

Edited by Logan.Darklighter

while we're in the making of "get this fixed please" i'd like to mention that the intakes (that come with the rapier engines which work fine(ok they fall off but i can't blame them)) seem to not attach to craft but the game still thinks they're on the side of it.

example:

i have a pod with fueltank and four engines and also 1 of the intakes. at launch it drops off and i go "oh... oh welll lets just try these engines anyway" so i launch and everything works fine (apart from the intakes that are still on the launch pad) then as soon as the engines change to closed cycle KSP loses focus on the ship and instead focuses between the ship and the airintakes which are still on the launch pad :/

i could get pics if that example wasn't good

Glad to see the Eagle is getting some love again! And glad things in life are working out well for you Devo! Could not agree with Logan more about the fixes. They all sound good. If I could add my one little suggestion, which is purely cosmetic. It goes along with Logan's about the "grimblies" or details on the model. The one thing I really loved about Redspars' Eagle (besides the fact that it was an Eagle :) ) was that it looked just like the one from the show, almost photo-realistic, and had tons of details all over it.

While I like the current "Kerbal-ized" version we have, I thought the Eagle looked pretty Kerbal as it was. I know you (Devo) changed the looks a bit to differentiate your Eagle from Redspar's, but I think enough time has passed that no one could accuse you of copying or imitating him. I know that making these changes would mean you have to re do the textures, but if your going to re do them anyways for Logan to add details, you might as well go the whole nine yards eh? :D Maybe you could even add some rust streaks or dirty spots to really give the Eagle that "Good ole reliable Space Truck" feel... :cool:

Besides, it's been far too long since I've done THIS!

http://i.imgur.com/mNNCALw.jpg

where is the Eagle from? (sorry i don't really watch old sci-fi films)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.