(0.23) Wayland Corp. Development and released download Thread (new parts)

Devo

What classic ship would you like to fly next? these are in production...  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What classic ship would you like to fly next? these are in production...

• Biodomes from "Silent Running" w/animated doors and delivery system
    • ALIENS Marine Dropship (fully animated]
    • ALIENS APC Transport
    • ALIENS: The Sulaco
    • Star Wars - YT-1300 Milennium Falcon, Low poly, fully animated (landing ramp, cargo bay etc)
    • Star Wars - Boba Fett SLAVE1 (fully animated)
    • Star Wars - Rebel B-Wing fighter.
    • Star Wars - Original X-Wing.

Oh very nice! Liking the look of that a lot. It's just a touch more "Kerbal" style than even the PX-2. I could even see the possibility of being able to mix and match parts of this craft with B9 or LLL for some interesting ships.

Yep, pretty much going to be a stock type shuttle delivery system. It consists of a handful of parts...

1. Fuselage/fueltank with animated cargo bay rear door

2. Escape pod/cockpit with IVA, fits into the fuselage

3. Left/Right massive wings with control surfaces

4. 4 x VTOL engines

5. 2 x Rear engines.

Technically, it's the pegasus X2 with a different shell, and a few different features.. I mean they practically should fly similar, this one's just going to be able to take heavier payloads. I also wanted to make the entire body one piece so we don't get any wobble syndrome. I will intergrate the RCS thusters in this also so no need to add them later on.

Amazing stuff you've made!

A part I'd love to see is a right angle VTOL type rotator to which I can mount Hooligan Labs Cirrus gas bags. The ones in Infernal Robots are A. butt ugly B. have huge bases C. small engine mounts.

The Cirrus bags have Rockomax size bases so they should be mounted out farther. Just looks clunky with the huge rotator bases stuck to the sides of an orange tank.

Just think of the possibilities of a Rockomax size VTOL rotator... a vertical takeoff ship with pivoting Mainsails. :cool:

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, there was talk about some ' new landing gear'...

Did anything ever happen along those lines / ideas ????

They are with Sirkut awaiting release on the animator plugin. I'll give it a month or so, if he hasn't found the time ill release a few of them without the animator support.

Amazing stuff you've made!

A part I'd love to see is a right angle VTOL type rotator to which I can mount Hooligan Labs Cirrus gas bags. The ones in Infernal Robots are A. butt ugly B. have huge bases C. small engine mounts.

The Cirrus bags have Rockomax size bases so they should be mounted out farther. Just looks clunky with the huge rotator bases stuck to the sides of an orange tank.

Just think of the possibilities of a Rockomax size VTOL rotator... a vertical takeoff ship with pivoting Mainsails. :cool:

Well, probably not a great idea to tell me the VTOL rotators I made for IR are butt ugly and asking for new parts in the same sentence....

Edited by Devo

They are with Sirkut awaiting release on the animator plugin. I'll give it a month or so, if he hasn't found the time ill release a few of them without the animator support.

Well, probably not a great idea to tell me the VTOL rotators I made for IR are butt ugly and asking for new parts in the same sentence....

Is he? I thought he was referring to the main Infernal Robotics mod. Doesn't that have parts(models) in it?

Is he? I thought he was referring to the main Infernal Robotics mod. Doesn't that have parts(models) in it?

Devo & I teamed up to make all those robotic parts you see in Infernal Robotics. Devo had a hand in skinning and modelling some of those parts hence the irony in slamming said VTOL rotators (I'll give you a hint, Devo created & skinned that part)

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, there was talk about some ' new landing gear'...

Did anything ever happen along those lines / ideas ????

I'll be releasing it (with the Animator plugin) either this weekend or next weekend. I'm enjoying my vacation. :)

Devo & I teamed up to make all those robotic parts you see in Infernal Robotics. Devo had a hand in skinning and modelling some of those parts hence the irony in slamming said VTOL rotators (I'll give you a hint, Devo created & skinned that part)

Ahh ok. I've never downloaded the main IR mod myself. Didn't know.

another small update. Cargo bay working and zero FPS loss when animating, which is nice.. I finally figured out why animations lagged the game so much, so now things are pretty smooth.

I'm not sure what people will transport in the Valkyrie, but all I know is they are going to be able to take alot of it in one go, this thing is going to lift hundreds of tonnes.

image.php?id=6142_52C8D972&jpg

and plenty of Eagle room...

image.php?id=A6A8_52C8DD35&jpg

Edited by Devo

another small update. Cargo bay working and zero FPS loss when animating, which is nice.. I finally figured out why animations lagged the game so much, so now things are pretty smooth.

I'm not sure what people will transport in the Valkyrie, but all I know is they are going to be able to take alot of it in one go, this thing is going to lift hundreds of tonnes.

http://www.devogeninteractive.com/picup/image.php?id=6142_52C8D972&jpg

and plenty of Eagle room...

http://www.devogeninteractive.com/picup/image.php?id=A6A8_52C8DD35&jpg

Zero FPS? Woah! What dark magic did you conjure up?

Looking sweet. Now if only we could do something like this in game. Warning: turn down volume.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_tflYu0bfE

EDIT: Now I'm thinking this might be possible using a decoupler triggered by an action key with time-delayed Real Chutes...hmmmm

Edited by Voidryder
Just thinking...

If you are looking for a neat ship to create a KSP version of, the Firefly cargo transport from Firefly/Serenity would be a great ship.

That's a great idea!!!! why didn't I think of that! I'll get right onto it.. .. ..

image.php?id=1B40_52CA6C93&jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.