(0.23) Wayland Corp. Development and released download Thread (new parts)

Devo

What classic ship would you like to fly next? these are in production...  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What classic ship would you like to fly next? these are in production...

• Biodomes from "Silent Running" w/animated doors and delivery system
    • ALIENS Marine Dropship (fully animated]
    • ALIENS APC Transport
    • ALIENS: The Sulaco
    • Star Wars - YT-1300 Milennium Falcon, Low poly, fully animated (landing ramp, cargo bay etc)
    • Star Wars - Boba Fett SLAVE1 (fully animated)
    • Star Wars - Rebel B-Wing fighter.
    • Star Wars - Original X-Wing.

How many parts is that thing broken into?!? hopefully smaller than thirds, because the WT-52 looks like she can only lift 1/4 of it at a time!

yeah, about 5-6 parts in total for the Sulaco, it was the first mod I ever started, 2 years later Im still working on it bits at a time :/

omg this is gonna be one big thread... ok...

1) doors... do they open? (guess not. could be implimented though :3)

2) guns. check out InfiniDices mod about the guns and armour it'd be nice to take those guns (either off and replace em or) and modify them to work with that mod (skillful i think it's called)

3) DEMV car on the bottom... i'm guessing it isn't finished and it doesn't have IVAs or even somewhere to get in am i correct?

and last but not least. 4) GOD DAMNIT DEVO YOUR BLOODY AWESOME!!!!

oh also that isn't a 1:1 scale :( oh well.

omg this is gonna be one big thread... ok...

1) doors... do they open? (guess not. could be implimented though :3)

2) guns. check out InfiniDices mod about the guns and armour it'd be nice to take those guns (either off and replace em or) and modify them to work with that mod (skillful i think it's called)

3) DEMV car on the bottom... i'm guessing it isn't finished and it doesn't have IVAs or even somewhere to get in am i correct?

and last but not least. 4) GOD DAMNIT DEVO YOUR BLOODY AWESOME!!!!

oh also that isn't a 1:1 scale :( oh well.

Kerbals can be a pain to work with. People say 'oh just scale your part down to 64% and that will match the kerbal " - no it doesnt. A kerbal head + helmet at 64% is still wider than a humans head at 100% lol...

So when you go to make doorways and pathways, you need to overcompensate for that bloody helmet :)

Kerbals can be a pain to work with. People say 'oh just scale your part down to 64% and that will match the kerbal " - no it doesnt. A kerbal head + helmet at 64% is still wider than a humans head at 100% lol...

So when you go to make doorways and pathways, you need to overcompensate for that bloody helmet :)

Maybe Kerbals need a helmet more like a soup can and less like a bowling ball. I mean, their heads aren't even that big!

Maybe Kerbals need a helmet more like a soup can and less like a bowling ball. I mean, their heads aren't even that big!

Agreed, you would think that since their head shape is entirely different to ours they might have gone with a different sort of helmet look, I mean I like the retro bubble but yah, it can really get in the way sometimes. If we have a 1st person view could handle it, as it would give you more visibility but since it's 3rd person all it does is obstruct things.

Agreed, you would think that since their head shape is entirely different to ours they might have gone with a different sort of helmet look, I mean I like the retro bubble but yah, it can really get in the way sometimes. If we have a 1st person view could handle it, as it would give you more visibility but since it's 3rd person all it does is obstruct things.

uhm i don't know if i told you this but you might want to check out infiniteDices skillful mod (weapons mod) they have some pics of tank like cannons so you could probably use those for the sulaco.

uhm i don't know if i told you this but you might want to check out infiniteDices skillful mod (weapons mod) they have some pics of tank like cannons so you could probably use those for the sulaco.

You do know you said that literally 4 posts ago? You couldn't scroll to the top of the page? :huh:

You do know you said that literally 4 posts ago? You couldn't scroll to the top of the page? :huh:

:D

To be honest, the thought of adding weapons to KSP doesn't and has never really appealed to me. Not only are there no enemies to have a reason to actually ever create such weapons, there is no other races, therefore no other religions, therefore... yeah I don't see the point and I'm pretty sure Kerbals wouldn't see the point either.

:D

To be honest, the thought of adding weapons to KSP doesn't and has never really appealed to me. Not only are there no enemies to have a reason to actually ever create such weapons, there is no other races, therefore no other religions, therefore... yeah I don't see the point and I'm pretty sure Kerbals wouldn't see the point either.

:o jeb disaproves! if he sees a useless base from orbit he ALWAYS sends a rocket hurtling towards it. (at least with mehe does so that's why i was thinking about the sulaco... orbital bombardment and all that...)

For about 10,000 people no problems, what seems to be the issue?

Well, np man just wasn't working placing it inside the gamedata folder, tried in the parts folder and now it works perfectly, but is weird because I don't see any fuel consumption rates or anything, is very sleek about parts info :D.

Well, np man just wasn't working placing it inside the gamedata folder, tried in the parts folder and now it works perfectly, but is weird because I don't see any fuel consumption rates or anything, is very sleek about parts info :D.

You are almost certainly using an outdated version of the Eagle. Search spaceport (or even better, google) for the Eagle MK3, which is updated to the newest version of KSP.

You are almost certainly using an outdated version of the Eagle. Search spaceport (or even better, google) for the Eagle MK3, which is updated to the newest version of KSP.

You are right, I was using the link from this thread, is this Eagle the right link?

I paused on the Valkyrie, as it was causing some major headaches in flight, so the eagle Pod with new IVA is currently being finished, I have a seperate internal to put inside, but now there is a door at the rear which needs to be opened to access the cockpit. The truss sections will also have doors and walkways so you can travel inside the craft completely, just like the real thing.http://www.devogeninteractive.com/picup/image.php?id=CD4F_530D29FB&jpg

Hi there, all! Back after about a month hiatus. I kinda "burned out" there for awhile and had to go do other stuff. I've still been doing a space game though - Star Trek Online. I've been a big MMO player for years now. Starting with City of Heroes (RIP), Champions, etc. The superhero and sci-fi stuff is where it's at for me though mostly. Also took some time to play some Arkham Asylum.

Anyway. I have checked in from time to time and I have to say I really have been liking what I'm seeing. Those new landing gears and the wheels look great! I'll be testing those soon myself.

But I wanted to single out the above post with the pic that Devo provided. Because that looks AWESOME!!Your ambition is impressive, Devo! I hope you can make that interior work right!

Because there are problems with using the original source material - the shooting set where they filmed in the show just doesn't match the outside of the pod unless you do some weird things. Though there was that one youtube video posted awhile back that showed a great view of a version of the Eagle cockpit and a pull back through the rear hatch that seemed to work perfectly. Here's a link to a page discussing the scales of the Eagle. Maybe it might help?

My only slight problem with the image above is - that door seems a bit high? Is there a way to make it more centered? Though I notice in the pic that it seems not to be as detailed as the rest of the pod - seems almost like you're moving it around still. I'd love to see a full render to see what progress you've made! What I am VERY impressed with though is that you've actually modeled the docking clamps for attachment to the truss!! Will there be matching attachment points on the new truss? Will they work AS attachment points or just be cosmetic? (I'm fine with just cosmetic BTW)

And speaking of interior spaces - How? Aren't the kerbals a bit large for such things? Or are you going to allow some clipping? Seems like an internal IVA for the truss sections would work better. I just can't see how you'd make that work without scaling up the Eagle, and that would break the pods we've got made! And if there are internal spaces - how's that going to work in 0-G? Or will you put ladders on the inside somewhere for the kerbals to use to transfer from the cockpit?

If you are making internal spaces for the truss sections, then I assume you'd be modeling doors that face inward toward the pod area? How's that going to interface with the current system that we often use with the LLL Pods? The CBM docking ports would cover the door areas. Or are you making attachment points such that we don't need to place CBM ports on those facings and can just attach one half of the current CBM docking ports directly to the truss? Or some other method?

In other Eagle news - I updated my thread in the mission reports. Eagle 2 landed on Eve and boosted back into circular orbit! You have to be super careful on the fuel use. No flying around on Eve unless you can top off the tanks before ascent or still have 85% fuel left. But the Eagle IS powerful enough to SSTO off of Eve! And it doesn't even feel like I'm cheating to do so. Just the right amount of challenge! :D

How's work progressing on other projects? Like the Serenity?

Edited by Logan.Darklighter

Hi there, all! Back after about a month hiatus. I kinda "burned out" there for awhile and had to go do other stuff. I've still been doing a space game though - Star Trek Online. I've been a big MMO player for years now. Starting with City of Heroes (RIP), Champions, etc. The superhero and sci-fi stuff is where it's at for me though mostly. Also took some time to play some Arkham Asylum.

Anyway. I have checked in from time to time and I have to say I really have been liking what I'm seeing. Those new landing gears and the wheels look great! I'll be testing those soon myself.

But I wanted to single out the above post with the pic that Devo provided. Because that looks AWESOME!!Your ambition is impressive, Devo! I hope you can make that interior work right!

Because there are problems with using the original source material - the shooting set where they filmed in the show just doesn't match the outside of the pod unless you do some weird things. Though there was that one youtube video posted awhile back that showed a great view of a version of the Eagle cockpit and a pull back through the rear hatch that seemed to work perfectly. Here's a link to a page discussing the scales of the Eagle. Maybe it might help?

My only slight problem with the image above is - that door seems a bit high? Is there a way to make it more centered? Though I notice in the pic that it seems not to be as detailed as the rest of the pod - seems almost like you're moving it around still. I'd love to see a full render to see what progress you've made! What I am VERY impressed with though is that you've actually modeled the docking clamps for attachment to the truss!! Will there be matching attachment points on the new truss? Will they work AS attachment points or just be cosmetic? (I'm fine with just cosmetic BTW)

And speaking of interior spaces - How? Aren't the kerbals a bit large for such things? Or are you going to allow some clipping? Seems like an internal IVA for the truss sections would work better. I just can't see how you'd make that work without scaling up the Eagle, and that would break the pods we've got made! And if there are internal spaces - how's that going to work in 0-G? Or will you put ladders on the inside somewhere for the kerbals to use to transfer from the cockpit?

If you are making internal spaces for the truss sections, then I assume you'd be modeling doors that face inward toward the pod area? How's that going to interface with the current system that we often use with the LLL Pods? The CBM docking ports would cover the door areas. Or are you making attachment points such that we don't need to place CBM ports on those facings and can just attach one half of the current CBM docking ports directly to the truss? Or some other method?

In other Eagle news - I updated my thread in the mission reports. Eagle 2 landed on Eve and boosted back into circular orbit! You have to be super careful on the fuel use. No flying around on Eve unless you can top off the tanks before ascent or still have 85% fuel left. But the Eagle IS powerful enough to SSTO off of Eve! And it doesn't even feel like I'm cheating to do so. Just the right amount of challenge! :D

How's work progressing on other projects? Like the Serenity?

Wow, what a coincidence, I literally patched up my copy of STO after not playing for ages, might hop on later and see whats changed, I never did get very far.. sort of waiting on Star Citizen... :) never really been a big batman fan, but I have played DCUO for a while also, making my character look like iron man, calling him iron dude and watch the flames roll in :)

Argh.. Internal Pod shots are far and few between.. I have a set of about 50 photos that show different angles,none of them perfect... but they should all help in making a kerbal version of it. If you recall, they really did have stuff all visibility in that cockpit, I need to make it a bit better so it's actually worth being in IVA.

The door right now is open to suggestion. That door needs to be uniform all the way through the ship and ideally on a flat surface all the way through. So what Im doing now, as you guess correctly is getting the door in a good position - then it will be merged with the other mesh after texturing etc. Usually I say it's good enough for me and release it, but nah not anymore I just can't do it. The experimental packs sure, they are just a bit of fun but after seeing helldiver and a few other modders here making such amazing looking mods, I thought it was time I tried at least one really nice looking mod with all the bells and whistles, and as I have discovered.. it's a long bloody process, especially if you are still learning about it all.

re: Internal spaces? mate, I made sure 2 kerbals fit snugly inside in their seats, with enough room to exit the seat, turn around and walk through the door. Some people might find it a pain in the ass to have to actually go in and out of the ship to EVA, but that's just how I'm doing it. I don't like kerbals just magically popping up on top of the cockpit when EVA is activated so I'm also going to try and find a way to stop that also.

re: interfacing with LLL pods, hmm that's a good point.. I sort of didnt think about that as I as intending on doing a proper pod for it, which is mostly done now to be honest. As far as intergrating the doors, I was thinking about a small plugin that opened all doors on the craft at once, just a small thing that would make sure the passage to the cockpit is open at all times when you EVA. As far as Ports, we'll see. I was thinking of making a more permanent coupler on the top of the truss for the pods, and then cut it out so it doesnt interfere with the roof of the pods, but thats subject to actually being done yet, so it's just a thought at the moment. A little bummed out no one is using the mono hover wheel, jesus that was a pain to make.

I'll go check out the mission reports now, will give me some inspiration to get some more work done on it!

As for the Serenity...

Well, im sorry to say but before you guys get to play with it, I want to print it out, paint it and have this monster 3-foot model sitting on my desk. Due to such long printing times its a long project, but once that's done, the model is done - which means it can very quickly be put into the game. I found an awesome serenity mesh to learn from - hell I might even use bits of it its that good, would save me a massive amount of time.

image.php?id=7CC0_532A2398&jpg

Edited by Devo

• 3 weeks later...
ermagawd..

Which mod should I get up to date first?

Landing legs and mono-hover wheels. I experience drastic performance problems when the landings legs are attached to my vessel. But I I'd love to use them for very heavy landers

Landing legs and mono-hover wheels. I experience drastic performance problems when the landings legs are attached to my vessel. But I I'd love to use them for very heavy landers

The landing legs were really meant to go with Sirkuts new animator plugin, but seeing as infernal robotics is in need of repair, it might take longer than expected for then to reach their full potential as a manually operated landing leg (as in you can select any height on any leg you like, allowing for uneven surfaces as a base but keeping the craft level) The performance loss is possibly due to colliders that intersect when its animating, I've noticed that happens alot.

Currently just seeing what mods are totally broke and what are not, so ill fix them as I go I guess. The Space Eagle wont get fixed as there is a new one coming out really soon, but the pegasus yeah i need to revamp that for the new version, I put too much work into that one.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.