[0.21.1] HydroTech RCS Autopilot v0.5.1 (2013.8.28)

Michael Kim

Uacyj.jpg

HydroTech RCS Autopilot focuses on doing all sorts of things with RCS, and provides you a brand new driving experience.

v0.5.1 Release Download

Download at mediafire

Source code available at mediafire (HydroTech_FC.dll, HydroTech_RCS.dll). Everyone is welcome to develop mods based on my work, but as it's still in development and things may undergo major changes in the future.

If you have ideas and suggestions, or encounter bugs, please go to the development thread. I will also have my work update there.

Now include

- Parts: a radial Jeb, several stack Jebs in different sizes, a docking camera, a docking target, and a part with both camera and target on

- Main Throttle Control

- RCS Thrust Info

- Precise Control

- Automatic Translation

- Landing Autopilot

- Docking Assistant

What's new?

- Removed automatic change of settings with automated docking.

- Landing autopilot

- Added "hover at ASL altitude" option for landing autopilot.

- Improved the landing autopilot GUI.

- Improved holding altitude method.

- Enable SAS toggle in some autopilots.

- Automatic translation, when "holding orientation" is not on.

- Precise control.

- Docking autopilot, when

- Manual docking;

AND Camera view not engaged;

AND Automatic orientation not engaged.

* SAS turned off when

- Automatic translation, when "holding orientation is on.

- Landing autopilot.

- Docking autopilot, when

- Automated docking;

- Camera view;

- Automatic orientation.

Screenshots can be found on imgur.

Usage, known issues and change logs can be found in Readme.txt.

Tutorial on Docking Assistant (v0.3.4) by kurtu5

Acknowledgements

maro for giving me a lot of suggestions to improve this mod

kurtu5 for making a great video

r4m0n for kindly telling me what to look at when I tried to learn something from his source codes

And many others in the community for giving me support!

License

3D Models and textures: do not modify for own use unless permission given.

Plugin: feel free to use any part of my code, but making derived classes is encouraged as I have a lot of methods virtual

Announcement

There has been someone who (very rudely) say that I am a code stealer. My answer is that every line of code is typed by me. My statement that I am new to C# (which was made when I first started this mod) does not mean I'm a raw coder; I have years of coding experience in C++ and VB so I don't even need to learn C# to start writing it. What I want to say is, my coding habits in C# may be pretty bad (because I'm used to C++) so I would like some advices if one finds it strange when reading my codes. But anyway, I have my own coding style, as an experienced coder can probably tell.

I did learn from the wiki and other mods when I first started this mod. It was even dependent on MuMechLib.dll before v0.2. And there are a few methods I use that are very similar to those in other mods (that I learned from), but it's far from stealing codes in perspective of a programmer. In fact there is sometimes hardly a second way to implement what I want. I have marked those methods in my codes.

Edited by Michael Kim

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mikael

This seems to be a great mod. I looked at the vid, but I still have some questions as there is manual as fot MechJeb. i am just not sure of what need to be installed, on the targeted ship and on each dock of the tatgeted ship or space station.

Do i need to install the part with the cam and the docking target on every dock on the targeted ship I want to dock, or do i need only to install the target on ever dock or near every dock?

Do i have to install a stack Jeb or a radial Jeb on the target ship or only on the ship using the Jeb,?

I got a big tank with several docking port on my space station, do I need to install a docking target near each port or do i need to install the part with docking cam and docking target and then put my clamp o tron Jr dock on it?

Thanks for answer

Hi gilflo,

This docking assistance is not based on docking ports, but on docking cameras and targets. When docking, you simply move the camera towards the target, regardless of where the docking ports are.

So, in order to make docking right, you need to make sure in the VAB that when camera & target go together, docking ports go together as well. Check out kurtu5's video to see how it works.

You don't need Jebs on the target ship, but installing them will enable the "rotate target" option, which is good for small target ships.

Hi Michael, loving this mod, had my first issue last night the camera window GUI would not pop up in the hangar and cameras do not function anymore. This only happened after I installed the new mechjeb 2.07.

So, the bug I don't think is actually any plugins fault, more something between the two that is conflicting. The rcs autopilot still functions perfectly, but all camera functions have ceased to show or function. I removed mechjeb and the camera function returned.

• 2 weeks later...

Is this compatible with 0.20? I really love this mod, and now that the plugindata folders changed to go IN the plugin folders, I think it'S gonna break :l I haven't tried it yet but I'm pretty sure thee will be issue. So I just wondered if you we're gonna make a patch?

I just redownloaded from spaceport...sure don't look like its in 0.20 format. Looks like the same I had installed in 0.19.

Im kinda newish to ksp still so maybe(probly) yall know something I don't

I love hydro tech...dock 160tone ship with station using 80ish units of mono...that's a must have mod in my book (just the ability to adjust RCS port output makes this mod worth having imo)

I just redownloaded from spaceport...sure don't look like its in 0.20 format. Looks like the same I had installed in 0.19.

Im kinda newish to ksp still so maybe(probly) yall know something I don't

I love hydro tech...dock 160tone ship with station using 80ish units of mono...that's a must have mod in my book (just the ability to adjust RCS port output makes this mod worth having imo)

It sure does not look like that, but neither do Mechjeb and Subassebly loader and they still work. So seems to be no problem here.

Yea, thats the same reason I use it. Small ships are no problem for me to dock manualy, but the larger they get the harder it is to dock them. And It takes forever, I rather drink some coffe insted of painfully docking my ship for 2 hours....

It sure does not look like that, but neither do Mechjeb and Subassebly loader and they still work. So seems to be no problem here.

Yea, thats the same reason I use it. Small ships are no problem for me to dock manualy, but the larger they get the harder it is to dock them. And It takes forever, I rather drink some coffe insted of painfully docking my ship for 2 hours....

i have yet to get subassembly loader to work...even with the fix that's floating around...and mechjeb was updated to 0.20 format, at least latest version is (was within a few hours of 0.20 dropping actualy)

figured id add that the 0.20 release for mechjeb2 is not on spaceport (not sure why anyone is still using mechjeb 1.9 or w/e it is, 2 is far superior and much more realistic as a navigational computer imo...better to learn from to, helpful for noobs like me)

Edited by KhaosCorp

Hi guys,

I've made some major changes to my codes as I've started a second mod. So sorry for the delay. But expect a faster development later :)

This new version is unfinished but won't affect your gameplay. Also, I've added a new part as many requested.

Enjoy!

Alright, I went to update some of my craft files with the new 2m target+camera (THANKS FOR THAT :D) and I noticed it didn't show up to rename it. So I removed my 2m jeb and I spawned a new one and well. This happened:

VB9etCH.jpg

It's sorta too small. I checked the others, they're all okay, but this one became undersized apparently. So yeah you might want to fix this :D

Alright, I went to update some of my craft files with the new 2m target+camera (THANKS FOR THAT :D) and I noticed it didn't show up to rename it. So I removed my 2m jeb and I spawned a new one and well. This happened:

VB9etCH.jpg

It's sorta too small. I checked the others, they're all okay, but this one became undersized apparently. So yeah you might want to fix this :D

I'm not sure what's going on with that part... In fact I have two copies of KSP, one I play, the other I test my mod, and the problem only exists for the first one. I'll try to fix it though.

Also, do you remember this problem in previous versions? Clearly I didn't make any changes to that part, as you can tell from the date modified of its files

This is honestly one of the best 'pilot assistance' mods that out there. I have personaly used this to dock a 150ton vessel to my station, it took less than 80 units of monoprop. Just the ability to fine tune your RCS nozzles gas use makes this mod worth picking up, but it does a lot more.

Hi, unfortunately I can't get this thing to work.

I have two identical vessels in Orbit. I target Vessel B and sit in Vessel A. I choose the Camera in Vessel A, but when I choose "choose target" it says "no target in sight". No the two vessels circle around each other in 50m distance.

What am I doing wrong?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.