[0.22.X] BobCat ind. Historical spacecraft thread

BobCat

Is there a way to disable the OrionSM auto-fairing? Cant find it in the cfg.

Do you by any chance have Sumghai's Service Module Pack? This is exactly how he does the engine for the pack. It's just one of squad's engines without the fairings. The easiest way to do this is find in the .cfg where it says

node_stack_top = 0.0, 1.124637, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0,2
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -1.838068, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0,2

and add the line:

node_stack_top = 0.0, 1.124637, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0,2
node_stack_hidefairing = 0.0, -1.838067, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0,2
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -1.838068, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0,2

Then down under the modules, edit the ModuleJettison's to say

MODULE
{
name = ModuleJettison
jettisonName = Orion1_shroud
bottomNodeName = hidefairing
isFairing = False
jettisonedObjectMass = 0.01
jettisonForce = .00001
jettisonDirection = 0 -1 1

}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleJettison
jettisonName = Orion2_shroud
bottomNodeName = hidefairing
isFairing = False
jettisonedObjectMass = 0.01
jettisonForce = .00001
jettisonDirection = 0 -1 -1

}

If you do have Sumghai's service module system, take a look at his config if you need an example :)

Hi all.

This a new update Soviet pack.

And now we make different "addon pack" for each craft family.

In first time im update Soyuz ship, named "Soyuz 2.0"

For correct work you need last version plugins

FAR

Deadly reentry

ASMI life Support

This beta version, have bugs and balance problems

Parts

Soyuz TMA

Progress M

Soyuz U

Good testing my friends , and soon im make "Neptune panel" tutorial ))

http://www./download/4kkt1i24zr96dki/Soyuz_Pack_2.zip

Thanks RazGriz ill give that a go. Bobcat is DRE required in some way? That plugin is broken to high hell for me. The reentry effects skip and break up horribly. Was back and forth with Starwaster for a week trying to fix it with no luck sadly.

Also, good to see you around again!

Will there be a version that doesnt rely on those plugins as I dont use any of them but love the soviet pack
The way plugins work mean you don't need any of them to use the part, but they add functionality. You can use Soviet pack without the plugins, but if you do you miss out on the features those plugins add.

I just tested it, and I have to say, it's really awesome. :) OK, on to bugfixing.

1). For some reason, the engine cap on the Soyuz ISM doesn't open.

2). Progress OM, when moused over, expands infinitely in VAB. That's an easy fix, IIRC.

3). Soyuz booster is missing a vernier.

Also, I've got one request. Could you please make all the Soyuz verniers separate parts compatible with this plugin: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55985 ?

It'd really, really enhance Soyuz flying experience. You could finally make them work like in RL with this plugin, just check it out.

Also, if you ever plan on remaking Proton and Energia, also remember that using this mod allows you to have roll control on any multi-engined rocket, just like in real life. You just have to have engines as separate parts, that's all.

I had a quick test but Dragon's pretty much mentioned everything. the Neptune panel was missing but I assume that's because its not finished? Also its a shame the good looking hatch from the LOK wasn't used in the IVA but never mind.

Other than that Its looks great, now I need to get MIR built

Will there be a version that doesnt rely on those plugins as I dont use any of them but love the soviet pack

It should work without the plugins, you might have to remove a resource called something with ablative from the cfg of the soyuz pod, though, for it to work correctly without deadly reentry.

Oh, and YAAAAY! It's released!

I had a quick test but Dragon's pretty much mentioned everything. the Neptune panel was missing but I assume that's because its not finished? Also its a shame the good looking hatch from the LOK wasn't used in the IVA but never mind.

Nope, it was missing because you installed it wrong. It's out there, just double-check if you've got the folders in the right place.

1). For some reason, the engine cap on the Soyuz ISM doesn't open.

Yes, for this need make small plugin.

2). Progress OM, when moused over, expands infinitely in VAB. That's an easy fix, IIRC.

Shold be work fine.

3). Soyuz booster is missing a vernier.

Also, I've got one request. Could you please make all the Soyuz verniers separate parts compatible with this plugin: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55985 ?

It'd really, really enhance Soyuz flying experience. You could finally make them work like in RL with this plugin, just check it out.

Also, if you ever plan on remaking Proton and Energia, also remember that using this mod allows you to have roll control on any multi-engined rocket, just like in real life. You just have to have engines as separate parts, that's all.

If squad fix wooble node points.

Im change hatch model soon.

Neptune panel already work.

It should work without the plugins, you might have to remove a resource called something with ablative from the cfg of the soyuz pod, though, for it to work correctly without deadly reentry.

If dont use DRE , Soyuz not change "burned" texture.

Could you at least try? Sure, KJR doesn't solve all problems, but it's an experimental release. You can include working verniers, then revert if they prove too wobbly. I think that KJR will be good enough for now, and soon we will have better joints that Squad promised for 0.24. The trick it to leave the main engine attached to the fuel tank if there's a single one, and to connect stages without attaching stuff under any engines. It's a bit tricky, but the layout of your rockets lends itself to that.

Edited by Guest

There is a saying "Þòчøýúð òыôõûúø ýõ ÑÂтþøт".