[0.22.X] BobCat ind. Historical spacecraft thread

BobCat

There's a little problem with the Soyuz CM. Not sure if it was mentioned before I guess yes but didn't find any posts about it. The center of mass is a bit below the pod. Not a big deal but still interesting. The fairings of the Soyuz probe launcher also have this strange bug. And the game doesn't find the buran manipulator to load the saved craft. Other than that the whole mod is really good work and very useful.

There's a little problem with the Soyuz CM. Not sure if it was mentioned before I guess yes but didn't find any posts about it. The center of mass is a bit below the pod. Not a big deal but still interesting. The fairings of the Soyuz probe launcher also have this strange bug. And the game doesn't find the buran manipulator to load the saved craft. Other than that the whole mod is really good work and very useful.

The buran manipulator is part of the Robotic Arms pack, I don't know why bobcat doesn't include it but whatever.

Because it requires a plugin and Romfarer, whom I agree with on this, asked other modders to remove his plugins from their packs because a lot of people were having problems adjusting to the new file system and ended up having multiple installs of the same plugins which caused problems.

It's not really a big deal.

The Center of Mass on the CM was done like that on purpose so you can place the RCS thrusters on the Service Module. If the COM was at it's default position, in order to have good RCS translation in space, you'd need to put the thrusters on the CM, which is a no no. As for the fairings, it probably makes them release properly instead of killer fairings trying to destroy your rocket.

Yeah I used the Robotic Arms Pack cos I remembered the Buran arm was included. Not a big deal of course just thought I should mention. I was always afraid that the fairings may hit my probe because of this but they go away fast after jettisoning. But Soviet pack is still one of my favorites.

only slightly off topic: a Proton-M Launch today (jul-2-2013)

Ahhh, you beat me to it! People at work were talking about this today.

Anyway, I saw the MMSEV (Multi-Mission Space Exploration Vehicle), formerly the LER at work yesterday.

996519_4407637248242_337918038_n.jpg

What ever you do Paul, please in case the dreaded time comes that you no longer feel interested in KSP modding... please choose a good successor to take over and maintain your work, I seriously could not enjoy KSP, with the depth I have today, with out your great work.

Thx from Oregon Paul.

Dren

Anyway, I saw the MMSEV (Multi-Mission Space Exploration Vehicle), formerly the LER at work yesterday.

996519_4407637248242_337918038_n.jpg

Are they still doing tests with the MMSEV? I haven't seen any news about it on NASA.gov or youtube. Hasn't it been set aside for a while after CxP?

Are they still doing tests with the MMSEV? I haven't seen any news about it on NASA.gov or youtube. Hasn't it been set aside for a while after CxP?

It's just the JPL ice-cream truck now. It's been retrofitted with little speakers that play a tinny music-box version of Thus Spoke Zarathustra.

It's just the JPL ice-cream truck now. It's been retrofitted with little speakers that play a tinny music-box version of Thus Spoke Zarathustra.

Shame, using a Moon rover as a ice cream truck. Darn politicians, canceling the constellation program(or was it something else entirely that caused it to be cancelled.

Well, if it's gonna sell ice cream for astronauts and geologists on a lunar base in the 20's than no problem with that!

Shame, using a Moon rover as a ice cream truck. Darn politicians, canceling the constellation program(or was it something else entirely that caused it to be cancelled.

Some accuses the Obama administration some says it was the senate (not sure how much and what way the two are related to each other). But I miss the Ares 1 altough it was only tested once but the entire 1st stage was reusable and i guess it would be much economical than the space shuttle was or SLS will be.

Of course for just crew to low earth orbit launch.

Did anyone ever figure out why the Buran Arm goes all wobbly crazy when trying to move cargo out of the bay in orbit?

I am using the stock Buran launcher, with a decoupler mounted against the rear wall and a station module stacked in with it. If i simply release the coupler the module will drift free, but then i cant control it or extend its solar panels or anything. I had hoped to lift it clear and then use the arm to bring it up against the docking ring.

The modules I have attempted this with have been very small (just the 4-way adapter with clampotrons and a crewtank), and large (enough parts that it fills the cargo bay and looks like something that was really flown to ISS).

I have tried it with sas on and off, rcs on and off, and with and without mechjeb doing anything. Using caplock to make small, slow moves puts the moment of catastrophe off for a bit, but as soon as i try to lift it clear of the bay i have oscillation feedback and parts drifting away.........

Many Kerbals have died trying to work out this issue.

NASA's still working on a rover they moved to a second prototype that can be used as a space ship to.

someone please make a mod out of this

http://www.nasa.gov/exploration/technology/space_exploration_vehicle/index.html