[0.22.X] BobCat ind. Historical spacecraft thread

BobCat

Just a heads up, I'm making a .craft file pack for the entire Soviet pack. The action groups are rather elaborately set up to mimic the actual flight profile, but you're free to ignore them. The guidelines will be listed in each ship's description. Also, I might be doing some additional config tweaking, nothing major, though.

Just a heads up, I'm making a .craft file pack for the entire Soviet pack. The action groups are rather elaborately set up to mimic the actual flight profile, but you're free to ignore them. The guidelines will be listed in each ship's description. Also, I might be doing some additional config tweaking, nothing major, though.

Sounds very cool !

Thank you!!

For some reason my loading times when I start the game have gotten EXREMELY long. Before it took like 2 minutes but now it's taking about 10. What is going on here? Is there any way to fix this?

Delete other mods :)

Awesome as always BoBcat you always deliver, I fear i am having a kerbal moment I launch with mech jeb in control and it starts spinnning and eventually crashes I am putting it down to kerbal pilot error but if anyone else is getting this issue and knows how to counter it let me know

Solved

had to turn gimbaling off on the first stage so I will play with gimbaling range in cfg file

The best gimbal range I found for ME was 0.25 it didnt spin turned beautifully and made orbit with no issues so if anyone is having problems make the following change

MODULE

{

name = ModuleGimbal

gimbalTransformName = thrustTransform

gimbalRange = 0.25

}

Hope this helps

Edited by Virtualgenius

Hey BobCat, I haven't tested your N-1yet, but in the comments I see that first stage is unstable. There is an easy fix for that. In config file there is a number that determines the sise of attachment node. Oddly, it also changes strength of the attachment. I found that out when I was working on Bull's N-1. Here is how it flyes now. I hope it will help you.

Amazing, though there could be more extensive struts in the upper stages.

The IVA is awsome, for some reason it makes me think of the post-Soyuz-11 Soyuz-7k-T, (the one that had 2 crew in pressure suits rather than 3)...

Hey BobCat, I haven't tested your N-1yet, but in the comments I see that first stage is unstable. There is an easy fix for that. In config file there is a number that determines the sise of attachment node. Oddly, it also changes strength of the attachment. I found that out when I was working on Bull's N-1. Here is how it flyes now. I hope it will help you.

Well, the attachment node is already the largest size allowed. I'll play around with gimbal range, though.

These guys want to N-1 !!! :D

3270095_m.png

How did you land the Buran on the Mün??? Did you attach engines to the underside, or?

EDIT: Is that even the Mun? It could also be Kerbin or even Laythe. The dim light makes it hard to tell.

Well, the attachment node is already the largest size allowed. I'll play around with gimbal range, though.

Is tne node the largest from Block A to Block G only? Becouse ths first 3-4 stages are stable. Center of unstability seems to be the connection between Block V and Block G. Block G all the way to LOK is incredibly stable. But i'm just guessing.

I don't know why's that, but it's actually the easiest place to strut. Generous strutting of the payload decoupler, Block G and Block V to each other really helps.

Yes I use sruts everywhere. I even connect LOK to the fairings (why not?).

Well, it's good to at least strut the LES to LOK, to avoid having it floating there in case of an abort.

How did you land the Buran on the Mün??? Did you attach engines to the underside, or?

EDIT: Is that even the Mun? It could also be Kerbin or even Laythe. The dim light makes it hard to tell.

This mun. Buran brings rovers on the moon, that's the secret of the company. =)

3271121_m.png

There is no largest size. Just divide part diameter by 1.25 and round, use that as node size.

Though IIRC the idea that attachment node size changes attach strength is a myth. But correctly-scaled nodes ARE necessary for FAR or Deadly Reentry compatibility.