[0.22.X] BobCat ind. Historical spacecraft thread

BobCat

why does the context menu say buran crew section?

Copy-Paste error in cfg file

Can't wait to fly heavy things all round kerbin with that thing!

I have heavy problem whit landing gear. Mria have complex landing gear system. too complex...

How exactly does one fly the N1 without the thing tearing itself to pieces on ascent?

Follow these instructions:

And seriously - don't use ASAS during the first stage burn and try to correct trajectory. It is doable, I finished a Mun mission yesterday without any other mods.

I've never had a problem with the Soviet pack, either. It's the only one I haven't had to fiddle with textures or remove parts from.

Hello all, I've not posted, or played for quite some time; but I just wanted to say that yes, way back in the thread you'll have seen I was having constant crashes with the game with just the Soviet Pack installed. And now it works. The solution? Exactly the same hardware but I've upgraded to Windows 7 this week, and now KSP works with the Soviet pack nicely.

I wish the craft files hadn't been removed however; I downloaded a fan-compilation of them, with Mir components mounted on a Proton, but it doesn't seem to have enough fuel to put the Mir Core into anything but the basic 100km orbit, and I suspect there's not enough fuel to get the other parts to meet up with it. Is this because it's not entirely as it should be? And whilst the fan-made crafts had the Buran, there wasn't the Kliper, and remembering how much trouble we all had earlier putting that together and trying to get it to fly, it really would be lovely, as well as helping Bobcat himself if he included a standard build we could all test against still.

Still... after months I can finally fly the Buran again. And I commiserate with those of you still struggling with WinXP; seems KSP remains ungodly badly optimised in that :(

Edited by Titler

I support the idea of a Mediafire download link. For me, the Soviet Pack downloaded completely but then said 'Can not open .zip file'. So I used an unarchiver I downloaded from the internet, but realized that the file had been corrupted (either when downloading or by the unarchiver, I don't know) when I opened KSP and had no Plugins, no IVAs, and a few parts were missing .cfg files. I'm pretty sure that is not how BobCat uploaded it, just because he is the opposite of dumb and only someone very stupid would upload the mod like that. I think this was a Spaceport-related problem, because a few other people said that the could 'Not open the .zip file' after downloading from Spaceport.

Yes, apparently if a download takes too long Spaceport closes the connection. Only people with slower connections (either to their ISP, or to Spaceport) see the issue.

Workaround: use a download manager that will grab a file in multiple smaller chunks.

request for The Concorde replica with movable nose and all? thanx

Not for this game version. Now game empty no any task for airbus.

Bobcat what you think about MiG Spiral

Im think just "military roject" no have place in KSP.

Not for this game version. Now game empty no any task for airbus.

Im think just "military roject" no have place in KSP.

Buran is also seen as a military installation, but you made ​​it. . .

Buran is also seen as a military installation, but you made ​​it. . .

Well it could be. But it is also a spacecraft for the same civilian space exploration purposes like the US shuttle. The MIG is a vehicle just for military purposes.