[0.22.X] BobCat ind. Historical spacecraft thread

BobCat

I'm in process of adjusting the .cfg files to make some corrections to rockets. This will include MIR panels updated for the latest KAS version and also the N1 gimbal. I'll send it to BobCat, maybe he'll add this to the Soviet pack.

Could you make the Proton Rocket fairings look like the real one? The current one doesn't really look like it. EDIT: Or is it just protected covering before the launch?

While we are on the subject of fairings, can we get a Soyuz fairing that looks more like this? PDC8t4B.jpg

We do. The huge one that says 'Galileo'? Put that on the R7 together with the Fregat and you've got the rocket on that picture.

I meant a grey fairing or one without the Galileo image on it. It's a small thing but I thought I'd throw it out there.

I think that question was more regarding Buran and Kliper. Rockets don't need FAR compatible versions of themselves, but IIRC those (as planes, with wings) don't fly so well. A while ago someone was trying to make them work in FAR, but FAR needs wing attach nodes to be in specific places IIRC.

I think that question was more regarding Buran and Kliper. Rockets don't need FAR compatible versions of themselves, but IIRC those (as planes, with wings) don't fly so well. A while ago someone was trying to make them work in FAR, but FAR needs wing attach nodes to be in specific places IIRC.

It was me. Yes, as it turned out, making Buran FAR-compatible requires model changes (on top of config changes of course), and I didn't get any response from BobCat on whether he's willing to make these changes.

Im dont use FAR.

IRL aerodynamic in Unity Engine? Lol... before make IRL aerodinamic need make fixed joints. Prior to fix a problem in this game, neither of which the actual aerodynamics can be no question

skeptical lynx

Im already answered. Im no have 0.22 patch. All question about 0.22 after 0.22 release.

Let the questioning start! 0.22 is out! I'm just downloading it, the Soviet pack will be the first thing I'll test on it. Followed immediately by KAS and Lionhead Aerospace, because that's what I'm currently messing with. :)

As far as I can tell, the current historical packs should work a-okay with .22. In order to get the parts to appear on the tech nodes would require just a simple cfg edit. However, to create new nodes entirely probably requires a plugin.

As far as I can tell, the current historical packs should work a-okay with .22. In order to get the parts to appear on the tech nodes would require just a simple cfg edit. However, to create new nodes entirely probably requires a plugin.

Almost no need at all to create TechNodes...if you cant find a spot in the current tree to place a part then ya got issues =P

Soyuz/U in Adv rocketry...Progress and Proton in Heavy rocketry, and Buran+Launcher split between VeryHeavy rocketry, precesion engineering and advanced aerodynamics is how I got soviet pack plit up right now...with a few bits here and there elsewhere. Took about 5min to put the whole pack into technodes.

If you need , you can make alternative configs for 5-10-15 minutes.

I don't mind

I just did it kinda fast...and honestly I think the parts should be spread out a bit more....but I know your a busy guy, and I cant live without the SovietPack...so figured this would make do till you get a chance to release tech update. Interested to see how you divide the parts up into tech (as Im guessing it will be far superior to my hack job lol).