[0.22.X] BobCat ind. Historical spacecraft thread

BobCat

Was this the secret project that asmi was talking about?

It will not be a secret if we tell you about it

And will you make fuel tanks for the engines? (Stock looks bad)

No

ps, what about the An-255?

Holded.

No any historical stuff soon. Soviet pack already very big.

BobCat, could you mode an expanding nozzle for the RD-0146? IRL, it's got a "skirt" of sorts that lowers, increasing the nozzle size and making it more efficient.

BobCat, could you mode an expanding nozzle for the RD-0146? IRL, it's got a "skirt" of sorts that lowers, increasing the nozzle size and making it more efficient.

No it doesn't. It was a project, but it was abandoned. Right now they use fixed non-cooled carbon nozzle.

Just realized how unoptimized the Soviet Engines pack is. Contains an obscene amount of 1024*1024 textures, and I think many of the textures are actually duplicates, meaning that texture sharing could bring down the memory usage a lot. To conserve my RAM, I'll have to pass the engines for now.

Also this hi poly models. If you no have good PC , just skip this pack.

Yea im use only one 4096*4096 monotexture for all engines, special for spam your RAM.

Edited by BobCat

Just realized how unoptimized the Soviet Engines pack is. Contains an obscene amount of 1024*1024 textures, and I think many of the textures are actually duplicates, meaning that texture sharing could bring down the memory usage a lot. To conserve my RAM, I'll have to pass the engines for now.

These are high-fidelity models of real engines, and as such, they are more graphics-intensive than others.

Thank you so much for also making them 1/1!

Is it just going to be in terms of size, or is it going to be 1/1 thrust, weight, etc.

Yes they are, and if you use them with MFSC, they'll use the fuels they are using in reality with mixture ratios matching reality.

Which is why you might want to use them only with RSS (real solar system mod) - otherwise they'll be ridiculously overpowered.

These are high-fidelity models of real engines, and as such, they are more graphics-intensive than others.

Still, texture sharing would be nice. BobCat could get a lot of mileage out of this particular technique, I sent him an example of how it works.

One minor complaint: Marx, Engels & Lenin portray's red color, FF0000 looks very unnatural, because it's impossible in nature. A darker and with more green and blue components would be nice.

Ñðýúð ÑÂóущёýúø ýð "Ãœøрõ" - ÑÂтþ úрутþ. :)

Still, texture sharing would be nice. BobCat could get a lot of mileage out of this particular technique, I sent him an example of how it works.

He was doing these models for me, and I don't care about texture size. If you don't like them - simply don't use them.

Yeah, if they all use the same texture it's pure wastage and you'd save a TON of memory.

Even if not using model nodes, if you just put them all in the same folder...

In this pack user have 8 different engines, and have 8 different textures. If you need 8 engines and 2 textures , dont downoad this pack. I dont know how make different texture in one.

I'm starting to slowly feel sorry that they published these engines. It would be better if they had stayed at that who commissioned them.

Edited by BobCat