[0.22.X] BobCat ind. Historical spacecraft thread

BobCat

Question; this keeps coming up, and I've gone back through the thread 30 pages now and not found an updated answer so... The Mir and Buran won't load again. It's probably the missing arms, but I've done a clean install of KSP, and downloaded the KAS linked on page 1, the Robotic Arms and the Soviet Pack and installed correctly. The GameData folder has "Bobcatind" "KAS" and "Romfarer" subfolders. I've started a game into Sandbox mode so it's not the tech tree locking off the parts. It just doesn't seem to want to load the arms in the latest Kerbal patch and thus blocks off the vehicles that use them. Does anyone know why please?

the mir wont load of the asas last time i use it (last weak) go in the craft file look for MIR ASAS remove it from the file go back to the game and all works fine for me hope it helps

You need to wait for Robotic Arms plugin to be updated. Like pretty much all plugins, the entire Romfarer's Lazor System mod is broken. Until Romfarer fixes it, the arms won't work.

You need to wait for Robotic Arms plugin to be updated. Like pretty much all plugins, the entire Romfarer's Lazor System mod is broken. Until Romfarer fixes it, the arms won't work.

This must be it, thank you. I'll keep watching Lazor. Instead right now Lunokhod is on it's way to Mun... slight problem in that Mechjeb doesn't autostage it correctly, and without RCS it tracks slowly across to the target pip, but it's getting there! Just circularizing around Mun now ready for the drop in...

Oh and the latest Kerbal version, as I use Steam and autoupdate.

Hi I have discovered a small issue with .23 update when using the Buran the landing gear is supposed to start retracted but its starting deployed i guess its the tweakables as you can right click and set to retracted also when the main tank seperates the camera goes all weird like in a third person view also the N1 is now producing white vapor and sparks the LES is also producing white vapor

Edited by Virtualgenius

Hi,

Ive got the old 'centre of mass seems to fall out the back of the craft taking the camera with it' bug. It only happens when launching any of the soyuz ships. historical fixes seem to involve updating Romfarer or KAS. However I am running a fresh install with the latest versions of these mods freshly downloaded and installed today. Issue only cropped up when upgrading to .23, any suggestions?

Yes some one posted this on the ECLSS thread so it is a problem of the ECLSS plugin which needs to be fixed. So for now just remove the life support folder

Thanks for the info I think the lunokhod wheels may be broke can anyone confirm this.

Thanks for the info I think the lunokhod wheels may be broke can anyone confirm this.

Yes, it looks like 0.23 broke anything having to do with Cleverbobcat.dll or Cart.dll or any variation of those, so any rover or wheeled vehicle that uses them is dead. For now. But I wouldn't hold my breath for getting anything fixed super quickly. Just sayin'. :/

For some reason Kliper lanucher loses stability and topples over at about 3000m. Of course SAS is toggled.

Dont know if it is strictly 0.23 issue though.

By the way - i saw somewhere screen with functional periscope display - was it from some development version not yet released? It had grid, green filter, just like in Gravity movie :) And it had Raster monitor with gray navball too.

I cant find this sreen now. And i was bit dissapointed when i downmloaded soviet pack and periscope screen was just texture.

Soyuz_Scope_3c.JPG

Edited by kiwiak

Will these red valves vent air into space? Or it is just decoration.

WIll capsule have soft landing rockets?

Are you updating another vehicles from soviet pack?

Edited by kiwiak

Will these red valves vent air into space?

Maybe this valves work like IRL... no work like Gravity.

WIll capsule have soft landing rockets?

Whow...

Are you updating another vehicles from soviet pack?

No, only soyuz. Users dont use other spaceships, and im update only soyuz.

Yes, it looks like 0.23 broke anything having to do with Cleverbobcat.dll or Cart.dll or any variation of those, so any rover or wheeled vehicle that uses them is dead. For now. But I wouldn't hold my breath for getting anything fixed super quickly. Just sayin'. :/

Seems like you were wrong :) as long as squad does not make changes that need an extensive re-work i'll try to keep the dll updated.

Updated version for 0.23: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/cleverbobcat-0-18/

Feedback if something is broken.

Edited by CleverWalrus