[0.22.X] BobCat ind. Historical spacecraft thread

BobCat

Buran requires the romfarer robotic arms / laser mod the american pack wouldnt work for me because I didnt place it in its own directory it doesnt go in the Bobcatind directory once it had its own directory it was fine

Ill try that, thanks for the help

Edit: It worked

Edited by lpam

This isn't KSP related, please forgive me. However I suspect that Many people that read this thread may have an interest :

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jhagerty/n-1-for-the-moon-and-mars-the-soviet-superbooster

You can already buy book about the same thing (more or less) made by the guy from russianspaceweb.com: http://www.russianspaceweb.com/book_future.html

Is there a way to fix the LRV being deployed in the VAB? I was thinking about the tweakable system so that I could manually set it closed in the VAB before launch, but I have no idea how to implement that, and failed to find any documentation on it.

I can get the base to fold out now but cant get the wheels to rotate with it. I can now get the wheels to rotate manually and the whole thing will work with an action group somebody with knowledge needs to look at it i just hack and slash

Edited by Virtualgenius

Thanks to Virtualgenius for PMing me the fix.

Now on to another problem that may or may not have been fixed: The wheels are afraid of the ground!

tumblr_mz9ru2kFCa1rpsnwro1_1280.png

Anytime the LRV makes ground contact, the wheels hitch up like a housewife seeing a mouse. Not sure if this is something that can be fixed with a config edit, or Bobcat has to use the force of Unity.

Put a docking port (preferably a Mir drogue) in the cargo hold, and use it to attach the cargo

Bit of a bump this, but I'm having difficulty with the Buran's hold too; when I load cargo in, only certain models seem to be accepted. I can get the LR RCS tanks in for instance, but fuel tanks of the same size and shape won't fit in. I'm using the Mir Drogue, but I also tried a number of others... What I really wanted to do was take up the third party Mir Docking Module inside the Buran but it just won't fit. I was also going to try and put more fuel tanks inside, to try and get it refueled at Mir and then go for a Mun shot with it, but also to no avail as they won't clip inside either. Is there any trick to loading the Buran then?

I tried a fresh install of .23 and .22, but the LRV still has ground issues. I installed the full American Pack instead of just the LRV (that's right, I only got the American Pack for the LRV >:o) Took some pictures of the LRV folded up in .23:

tumblr_mzbeycxOmG1rpsnwro1_1280.png

tumblr_mzbeycxOmG1rpsnwro2_1280.png

I tried a fresh install of .23 and .22, but the LRV still has ground issues. I installed the full American Pack instead of just the LRV (that's right, I only got the American Pack for the LRV >:o) Took some pictures of the LRV folded up in .23:

https://31.media.tumblr.com/a0084adb1ce0a19434a304ffaf91d3ab/tumblr_mzbeycxOmG1rpsnwro1_1280.png

https://31.media.tumblr.com/a63a327b99ca19e47cc73718fe01d61c/tumblr_mzbeycxOmG1rpsnwro2_1280.png

Well, off the top of my head, I'd say that Communotron antenna is what's causing your problem. I've discovered that trying to put ANYTHING on the rover, other than the wheels, of course, causes major issues like what you're seeing in these pictures. It's always clipped through the ground if you get it upside down and folded as shown, but the one folding panel being out of whack... yeah, that's because of the antenna colliding with the rover body. Sorry.

Hope that helps. :)

Also! Whilst waiting for the Buran blueprints, the Kerbals decided to have a go with the Kliper; but oh no! They got all the way to Mir and discovered they couldn't dock. Because they couldn't jettison the LES as there was no option to do so?

0797E5E5FD8B061322AEF01D941017FE0F53AA8A

I've tried rebuilding it, but been unable to locate why this may be; there's a Soyuz Docking probe underneath as in the construction video, and the LES rockets work at least, but even when empty I can't remove it. I can however decouple the piece above it. Any ideas, or is it a bug?

Also! Whilst waiting for the Buran blueprints, the Kerbals decided to have a go with the Kliper; but oh no! They got all the way to Mir and discovered they couldn't dock. Because they couldn't jettison the LES as there was no option to do so?

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/684845889519687764/0797E5E5FD8B061322AEF01D941017FE0F53AA8A/

I've tried rebuilding it, but been unable to locate why this may be; there's a Soyuz Docking probe underneath as in the construction video, and the LES rockets work at least, but even when empty I can't remove it. I can however decouple the piece above it. Any ideas, or is it a bug?

your suppose to add an action group for a docking port under the LES with decouple node to remove the LES

Well, off the top of my head, I'd say that Communotron antenna

NOPE. That was an experiment to see if that would get it to work, and it didn't obviously.

LRV with nothing else attached or with stuff attached is hovering off of the ground, and when folded up (not upside down btw) will clip through the ground. Hope that cleared that up

NOPE. That was an experiment to see if that would get it to work, and it didn't obviously.

LRV with nothing else attached or with stuff attached is hovering off of the ground, and when folded up (not upside down btw) will clip through the ground. Hope that cleared that up

Oh, well then, hmmm... Yes, then you are having a bit of a different problem than I did. Sorry I wasn't helpful. Btw, I wasn't trying to be flippant in my original reply, I really did think that might be the issue. Just sayin'. :)

Good luck, my friend. :D

Well, off the top of my head, I'd say that Communotron antenna is what's causing your problem. I've discovered that trying to put ANYTHING on the rover, other than the wheels, of course, causes major issues like what you're seeing in these pictures. It's always clipped through the ground if you get it upside down and folded as shown, but the one folding panel being out of whack... yeah, that's because of the antenna colliding with the rover body. Sorry.

Hope that helps. :)

My LRV has an antenna, solar panels, and headlights. No hovering. Something else must be afoot.