[0.22.X] BobCat ind. Historical spacecraft thread

BobCat

How did you get the escape system to work like that? The upper shrouds not separating and firing their rockets?

I think he just didn't put the decoupler in the action group. Unless I don't remember how the Soyuz is set up, that is a very real possibility.

Released a long time ago in this very thread. It's very simple in concept, really. Now that I think of it, a re-release would be neat. Oh, and the "real Soyuz" (for RSS) comes with it, you could try extracting the data from there if you know your way around configs.

How about this: If Bobcat gives us the perms to release just modified .cfgs to the public again, we can then give you our set ups for you guys to experiment with. Until then, A link to my tumblr post so you can see! Of course anyone who knows a thing or 2 about the configs can probably make their own version.

@Dragon: I actually came up with this set up back when the Soyuz was first released (pre April purge), right around when CCCP was still working here. In fact, in the old style Soyuz orbital module's config, you can still see bobcat's test nodes commented out with the exact values I used/use. :)

@Bobcat: I don't know if the previous time you gave permission to hand out configs is still up or not, which is why I ask so I don't step on any toes.

Special Note: I also added Symmetry to everything. Something Bobcat keeps forgetting about :P

Thank you for your reply Deltac, here are some pictures of the phenomenon, I hope they don't brake a forum guideline for image posting.

Proton Rocket with Kvant II module inside: notice the lack of RCS/SAS buttons and stages on the left side, none of the ctrls allow me to launch the rocket.

V9du4CY.png

I also cannot revert to VAB

cTLp3Tr.png

As a point of reference that it isnt always like this: Proton Rocket with Kvant I module, all the buttons are visible and controls functioning

vw1NSKW.png

I also can revert back to VAB

7cpa3Ek.png

Since I experienced a bit of trouble with add-ons earlier my GameData is very empty atm: Squad's stuff, American Pack & Soviet Pack (but I removed the ECLSS stuff, since I had trouble with that earlier and the latest update of that addon caused me not to be able to delete any debris), Mechjeb, Kerbal Joint Reinforcment 1.4.2 (to prevent wobbles :) I have launched Orion, plus LER to the moon, have the first two parts of Mir in orbit, along with a docked Soyuz TMA and 3 Kerbals are alive and kicking in Mir.

Thank you in advance for your time and any suggestion as to what might be the problem :)

Edited by Lanterfanter

It seems like the bug that happens when the IVAs are installed wrong. If you've got Kerbals inside Kvant-2 (or maybe it even happens without them) and the internal is defined in config, but not loaded, then this happens.

Deltac: I'm doing my mod through the ModuleManager now (thanks for the renames, BobCat!), that way you can append this stuff without a new part config.

Edited by Guest

Deltac: I'm doing my mod through the ModuleManager now (thanks for the renames, BobCat!), that way you can append this stuff without a new part config.

I had to change how the fins on the payload tops worked.

MODULE
{
name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
animationName = airbrake
startEventGUIName = Deploy
endEventGUIName = Retract
}

Does MM allow you to replace things in configs? Well, I'll step down from this modification since you've got it handled. :)

I have found something wrong with the LRV in it's config. The module line (right under name at the top) has CommandPod instead of Part. This is bad because the old CommandPod module has the invisible torque force, meaning LRV on Mun wants to roll around when you press the keys, and you can't turn that force off.

Thank you for your reply Deltac, here are some pictures of the phenomenon, I hope they don't brake a forum guideline for image posting.

Since I experienced a bit of trouble with add-ons earlier my GameData is very empty atm: Squad's stuff, American Pack & Soviet Pack (but I removed the ECLSS stuff, since I had trouble with that earlier and the latest update of that addon caused me not to be able to delete any debris), Mechjeb, Kerbal Joint Reinforcment 1.4.2 (to prevent wobbles :) I have launched Orion, plus LER to the moon, have the first two parts of Mir in orbit, along with a docked Soyuz TMA and 3 Kerbals are alive and kicking in Mir.

Thank you in advance for your time and any suggestion as to what might be the problem :)

If what Dragon said helped you, then ignore this. Otherwise press Alt + F2 during launch, and tell us or show us a pic of what it's saying. I probably should have told you that in the beginning, but I forgot xD

How about this: If Bobcat gives us the perms to release just modified .cfgs to the public again, we can then give you our set ups for you guys to experiment with. Until then, A link to my tumblr post so you can see! Of course anyone who knows a thing or 2 about the configs can probably make their own version.

@Dragon: I actually came up with this set up back when the Soyuz was first released (pre April purge), right around when CCCP was still working here. In fact, in the old style Soyuz orbital module's config, you can still see bobcat's test nodes commented out with the exact values I used/use. :)

@Bobcat: I don't know if the previous time you gave permission to hand out configs is still up or not, which is why I ask so I don't step on any toes.

Special Note: I also added Symmetry to everything. Something Bobcat keeps forgetting about :P

Oh I see, I just assumed the structural nodes were defined in the model not the .cgf, maybe I can add solid propellant engines to the shrouds too!

So gonna mess with it ;)

Anyway, if you could give me the coordinates for the nodes, that'd be great and save me loads of time. Unless they're the ones commented out.

Edited by AlbertoKermov

Does MM allow you to replace things in configs? Well, I'll step down from this modification since you've got it handled. :)

Yes, you can do this. And I'm not really handling this modification for "stock" Soyuz. Mine is using real values, a lot of mods and is meant to run with RSS. Without RSS, you could probably make it to Jool with it. :)

Yes, you can do this. And I'm not really handling this modification for "stock" Soyuz. Mine is using real values, a lot of mods and is meant to run with RSS. Without RSS, you could probably make it to Jool with it. :)

What is RSS?

What is the "real" vs the "stock" soyuz?

You've been living under a rock, were you? :) RSS is Real Solar System. The "real" Soyuz is my modification of BobCat's Soyuz ("stock" one) featuring fuel capacities, masses and engines like those of a real Soyuz-U. It's also upscaled, so it's a 1:1 replica.

You've been living under a rock, were you? :) RSS is Real Solar System. The "real" Soyuz is my modification of BobCat's Soyuz ("stock" one) featuring fuel capacities, masses and engines like those of a real Soyuz-U. It's also upscaled, so it's a 1:1 replica.

Is that accessible/released?

Would you have happened to make a Neptune Panel for the Soyuz TMA?

I'm going to attempt to bind clickable IVA buttons to action groups or other stuff defined on cgf files.

Edited by AlbertoKermov

Oh I see, I just assumed the structural nodes were defined in the model not the .cgf, maybe I can add solid propellant engines to the shrouds too!

So gonna mess with it ;)

Anyway, if you could give me the coordinates for the nodes, that'd be great and save me loads of time. Unless they're the ones commented out.

They are the ones commented out. Have fun!

Is that accessible/released?

Would you have happened to make a Neptune Panel for the Soyuz TMA?

I'm going to attempt to bind clickable IVA buttons to action groups or other stuff defined on cgf files.

WOW indeed you've been living under a rock

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55145-0-22-WIP-Alpha-Real-Solar-System-v5-1-HOTFIX

Please Help ME!

When i install any mod it totally destroy my game!

VAB loading is very slow and kerbals in it never show complete there are only floating faces

i mean eyes and mouth.

I can't install ANYTHING!

And i can't fly any flight it breaks the game

Please Help!

Please Help ME!

VAB loading is very slow and kerbals in it never show complete there are only floating faces

i mean eyes and mouth.

Please Help!

Could you give us the output log? It's located in the KSP directory in the folder KSP_Data. It's just called output_log. I'd reccomend using Pastebin to paste everything in the output_log in order to show us. If you can also grab some screenshots for us as well, that would be great. I want to see this for myself xD

Please Help ME!

i mean eyes and mouth.

Please Help!

What are your system specs and how are you installing mods?

Could you give us the output log? It's located in the KSP directory in the folder KSP_Data. It's just called output_log. I'd reccomend using Pastebin to paste everything in the output_log in order to show us. If you can also grab some screenshots for us as well, that would be great. I want to see this for myself xDI

I will send the newest one

Edited by Djolox