[0.22.X] BobCat ind. Historical spacecraft thread

BobCat

Now im make only Soyuz TMA.... but this... very complex and very fun spaceship in all KSP game. Check Youtube channel sometime. Im post new features very soon.

I'm always checking the thread daily, will check the youtube for sure.

Are you releasing the TMA with the neptune panel before the whole Soviet Pack Overhaul or everything on a single update?

Now im make only Soyuz TMA.... but this... very complex and very fun spaceship in all KSP game. Check Youtube channel sometime. Im post new features very soon.

Good approach, I'm looking forward to it. :) It's an awesome ship, it'd be great to have it with full features in KSP.

I just noticed that we don't have the Shuttle Docking Module for the MIR. Then we could just pretend that the Buran was the Space Shuttle.

We do have the docking adapter somewhere on the forum. However, it's not that good looking. And it wasn't "shuttle docking module." The better name would be "Make it so we don't have to move Kristall all the time." The Shuttle could and did dock to just Kristall, but they had to move Kristall to the "front" node every time, which is why they made the "big orange docking module."

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Kristall module would have had to been moved to the "front" node for Buran docking, too.

Speaking of which, one thing I've always thought was missing from BobCat's Soviet pack was the APAS docking port (as used on Kristall and SO for Shuttle and would-have-been Buran docking) - It was also used on Apollo-Soyuz IIRC and also on the PMA adapters for docking the Russian and US segments of ISS and the Space Shuttle. Would be nice to have on a revised MIR pack :)

Speaking of which, one thing I've always thought was missing from BobCat's Soviet pack was the APAS docking port (as used on Kristall and SO for Shuttle and would-have-been Buran docking) - It was also used on Apollo-Soyuz IIRC and also on the PMA adapters for docking the Russian and US segments of ISS and the Space Shuttle. Would be nice to have on a revised MIR pack :)

You can get PMA from the ISS pack.

No, that's not what he means. BobCat did model a separate APAS, you can get it from the CSS release. Also, I'm going to re-release it as a part of Realism Pack, though you'd have to scale it down.

Just wondering, will the Soyuz be modelled with soft-landing rockets? Mainly for aesthetics, but could also lead to a Gravity style mission. Craft files for all the Mir modukes would be nice, and instructions on which moduke docks to which, I havent a clue, even after a bit of research

Just wondering, will the Soyuz be modelled with soft-landing rockets? Mainly for aesthetics, but could also lead to a Gravity style mission. Craft files for all the Mir modukes would be nice, and instructions on which moduke docks to which, I havent a clue, even after a bit of research

Soyuz-TMA already has them...

Ok...you can get PMA from ISS pack and then APAS from KOSMOS pack =)

Youd have to resize the kosmos part for it to work, but thats not hard.

No, that wouldn't work. Get the Component Space Shuttle and use the APAS from there. KOSMOS one is notoriously buggy.

Soyuz-TMA already has them...

Oh so thats what fires as soon as the heatshield is jettisoned, was thinking it should be seperated from the heat shield detachment and either automatically fire at 3m or manually

You should put heatshield into separate stage, or use action group. This way you can jettison it without lighting up soft landing engines. They will fire automatically 7 meters above the ground.

Edited by asmi

Hey Bobcat, love all of your work.

Just wanted to let you know that with the latest test version of the American pack I am getting extreme lag in the IVA of the Orion capsule - this is with no other mods installed. I don't think its the RasterPropMonitor functionality because I have used another mod that uses it without any problems.

Keep up the great work.

Just wanted to let you know that with the latest test version of the American pack I am getting extreme lag in the IVA of the Orion capsule - this is with no other mods installed. I don't think its the RasterPropMonitor functionality because I have used another mod that uses it without any problems.

Mind you, this can happen if RasterPropMonitor is improperly configured -- this might cause it to spam error messages to the debug log every frame. The smart thing to do in this case would be to crash KSP immediately, so that no modder releases it with an improper configuration, but alas, I can't do it so these things can slip by people. :)

Let me take a look...

EDIT: Nope, definitely not me.

Edited by Mihara