[0.22.X] BobCat ind. Historical spacecraft thread

BobCat

First. Delete all old version Soviet and American pack and ISS , before copy new files.

Im change texture format to tga, but if you only copy new version , you have old and new textures...

Are all the packs on spaceport updated with the new TGA files? American, Soviet, ISS?

HGG, the American pack is .tga, the others are still .png

Correction: the ISS parts are .tga, the MIR parts are still .png in both the soviet pack and the ISS

Edited by Dave7

Bobcat, in the Soviet pack, you may wish to add

CrewCapacity = 0

to the MIR_probe part.cfg

If the Mir probe is the Root part, it fills with 3 kerbals... poor guys... just get decoupled into space with not even a crew hatch to escape out.

Bobcat, in the Soviet pack, you may wish to add

CrewCapacity = 0

to the MIR_probe part.cfg

If the Mir probe is the Root part, it fills with 3 kerbals... poor guys... just get decoupled into space with not even a crew hatch to escape out.

But how did they fit in there in the first place? Were they liquified and then pumped in? A scary thought...

Anyway,better change my config now.

I don't even use that probe part anymore. If a Mir Module is going up on a proton, I just select it first, and once at launch, use Crew Manifest to empty the thing of stowaway Kerbals. The Kerbals are disposed of properly.

I don't even use that probe part anymore. If a Mir Module is going up on a proton, I just select it first, and once at launch, use Crew Manifest to empty the thing of stowaway Kerbals. The Kerbals are disposed of properly.

Don't forget the cement.

Look what's coming next for the American Pack!

Razorcane

Sure, not problem.

I just wanted to help. (Before im write first question in this thread im have working LRV)

Now I just include LRV to American pack.

no any problem here.

Lunar/Münar Recon Rover!

He kinda kerbalized it like he's done with his other mods. Is it really supposed to go with that Apollo mod instead of standalone? Don't get me wrong it looks cool but kinda goofy too.

[Edit] I guess it's just the bright orange. All the photos of the LRV from Apollo are always washed out. Can anyone link to the Apollo thread, I've seen it before but I think it's gotten lost in the forum.

Edited by Good_Apollo

All it needs now is a couple of cup holders, and a fake V12 engine in the front, and it'll be perfect for the demolition derby. But in the meantime, we go to Mun and Minmus to collect samples for science. Maybe even send a bear for a leisurely stroll around the craters.

Additional: Apparently I wasn't kidding:

beareatsincar-tahoe.jpg

Does Squad allow you to sell these mods ?

I feel really bad that they are free... they should release an "app" like transaction to allow really good modders have their recognition...

Would love to see Chinese, Space X , Bigelow, Boeing, The Dream Chaser... anything you can make , lol...

Keep up the good work!

No developer wants to take on the liability of paid mods. It gets messy with IP and copyright issues.

They do it because they love the game. Not to mention it makes for good portfolio filler if you're in or want to get into the business.

Does Squad allow you to sell these mods ?

I feel really bad that they are free... they should release an "app" like transaction to allow really good modders have their recognition...

Would love to see Chinese, Space X , Bigelow, Boeing, The Dream Chaser... anything you can make , lol...

Keep up the good work!

Spaceport originally had a selling system that was removed before the release I believe.

Can anyone link to the Apollo thread, I've seen it before but I think it's gotten lost in the forum.

DarthVader quoted BobCat's post in that thread at the top of the previous page. You can click the button next to BobCat's name to go to the quoted post, and thus the thread.

In any case, here's a link to it.

I wouldn't be opposed to allowing the mod makers to have their own mod development blogs with a Donate button on them. If squad got on board with that I think a lot of us would be happy to donate some cash to the makers of our favorite mods.

Just my 2 cents on the matter though.

I know about the situation with X-Plane,where some add-ones are free and some are paid. It just gets annoying. I think that paid mods for KSP should not be made possible, however a 'Donate' button would be nice.