[0.22.X] BobCat ind. Historical spacecraft thread

BobCat

I have just downloaded 1.8.8 of the Soviet pack from spaceport, and I notice the absence of Buran.

What happened? That was my favorite ship!

did .21 break it?

That would be sad, it was probly the best Kerbal shuttle yet.

yeah i think its the new asas system that causes it to just flip out so he removed it untill its fixed

Bobcat, I have one thing to say-

THANK YOU! Seriously, the American pack comes with EVERYTHING I really wanted from it, and I can't really see it getting any better. It has multiple rovers, several long-range ships to carry and land them, and one of the coolest mun landers EVER.

Thanks for your hard work, and I hope you get a chance to rest.

Good work.

+Rep.

I am patient, dont you worry, This aint my first rodeo ;). But i am concernt abt modules getting removed that will be missing therefor making various errors with savegames, crafts ect.

I am having some problems with decoupling the abort towers for both Soyuz and Orion during flight, can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong. By the way, these are the greatest packs I've ever seen thank you so much bobcat.

I am having some problems with decoupling the abort towers for both Soyuz and Orion during flight, can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong. By the way, these are the greatest packs I've ever seen thank you so much bobcat.

You have to "decouple node" on the docking ports themselves.

Is anyone getting crashes when trying to load Bobcat ships in the VAB? I just installed it into 0.20.2, and while the individual parts seem to work fine, the VAB files seem to cause an immediate CTD. Is there something off with the craft file?

They've been updated for 0.21.1, which treats SAS in a completely different way. The parts may not be backward compatible.

I don't think .craft files are backward-compatible.

They are--as it happens, I'm just experiencing a different glitch--having the whole Soviet historical pack causes horrible slowdown in the VAB and SPH. I'm happy to wait for an update though, I'm not using anything in my new savegame, and all I really want is Soyuz. :)

They are--as it happens, I'm just experiencing a different glitch--having the whole Soviet historical pack causes horrible slowdown in the VAB and SPH. I'm happy to wait for an update though, I'm not using anything in my new savegame, and all I really want is Soyuz. :)

Why are ye afraid of KSP .21.1? Don't you go sassing us about that new SAS.

Why are ye afraid of KSP .21.1? Don't you go sassing us about that new SAS.

Actually, I'm waiting for an update for the Soviet Pack. I'm using KSP 0.21.1, but it disagrees with the whole Soviet pack (really bad slowdown/crashing in VAB). :)

The Soviet pack is awesome, I used it before. Now I have a problem: I downloaded it and archive is invalid... tried multiple times with multiple browers / openers. Any idea?

I have exactly the same issue. I've tried Chrome and Firefox and must hacve downloaded it about 20 ties and no dice. Still get an invalid archive (using Windows 7 ZIP archive support and 7Zip).

Update 1.8.9

- Buran and Klipper return old ASAS

- Add Buran jet engines

- Add SPH and VAB Buran craft files

- Add steering forward landing gear

- Fix Buran fly model

- Fix Buran CoM

Edited by BobCat