[0.22.X] BobCat ind. Historical spacecraft thread

BobCat

Please (and sorry to bother) but again Spaceport is sending to me only a corrupted zip archive...

... and "yes" (for those bothering to tell): I already tried several-several-several downloads, and never once worked.

It's possible to have a mirror link? Please...

... wanna try again soyuz launches ç_ç

I've had the same issue across 2 computers and multiple browsers. I filed a support thread and was asked to try a download manager. I've yet to try that but I'll give it a shot with GetRight. I will say this is *not* the only archive on the Spaceport I've had corruption issues with but it *is* the only one I've *never* got to download correctly. Others corrupted once or twice and came down okay other times.

I was also told ISPs (your internet provider) may cache files on their servers so when you request the same file again it gives you another copy of the corrupt one, which if you ask me is stupid, but that's modern ISPs for you.

EDIT: I downloaded it using the GetRight download manager and it unpacked just fine. I think it's a connection dropping issue with browsers and slower connections not dowloading in time as GetRight uses multiple connections to keep the stream alive.

Edited by MDBenson

*EDIT*

Inexplicably, it seems tied to my removal of the interior spaces for the modules.

I did this to save memory as i dont typically use the IVA view... ah well....

Ive replaced the interiors and all has returned to normal....strange

Edited by Jaybtlr
solution

That's a game engine thing, Jaybtlr, I supsect it's a bug? It's caused issues with packs with missing or broken IVAs before.

From what I thought I heard, KSP is supposed to ignore an IVA definition in the .cfg if one or more file is bad or not present and carry on without it (disabling the IVA) but it's actually been broken for a while and instead the UI goes crazy if an IVA is defined in the .cfg but the files are bad or missing.

Either way, it's not BobCat's fault ^_^

IVA's worked fine as well for me before (at least for the Soyuz pack). I'm going to have to remove the pack for memory reasons, but I can at least confirm that.

By the way, im sure you already know it though, but did you try to use the "Half Res" option for textures in the game? It does reduce the texture quality some, but its more notable for terrain imo, and the ability to have all the mods that i need without cuting parts is totally worth it. (Curently i got about 2 giga of mods+stock parts installed this way with no hickups)

I don't know about Soviet but it looks like he is working on Apollo for the American pack.

Yogui (Lionhead Industries) already made the Apollo CM/SM and LM, I think BobCat made the LRV because they were unable to work out the unfolding animation etc., I don't know if Yogui intends to modify their LM with a space and a mounting node for the LRV.

Yogui (Lionhead Industries) already made the Apollo CM/SM and LM, I think BobCat made the LRV because they were unable to work out the unfolding animation etc., I don't know if Yogui intends to modify their LM with a space and a mounting node for the LRV.

Oh, OK. I see now.

My only question, is Bobcat still working on this pack or is it now forgotten? I only ask because there has not been an update for a while now. :)

He's currently working on new HOME stuff, and a new DEMV rover. You can go and take a look at the Development Thread if you fancy it. :)

Also, for all American Pack lovers, check this out: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/41246-WIP-Space-Launch-System-%28SLS%29-and-ORION-%28MPCV%29

It's not available just yet, but it clearly won't be long untill an official release!

The soviet pack download is corrupted and wont extract properly any chance this could be rectified

A lot of people have been having trouble downloading from SpacePort.

Ironically, I have had no problems, but since 0.21, my KSP cannot handle the Soviet pack (even just the Soyuz-U/Soyuz-TMA/Progress parts) alongside other mods without very vigorous crashing. But, that's the price you pay when you mod.