[0.22.X] BobCat ind. Historical spacecraft thread

BobCat

Please don't--they're wonderful engines, and we're really glad you published them. I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I was (I thought) only suggesting a trick you could use to decrease both file size and footprint in RAM without decreasing detail at all, not in the least criticizing the work you've done and are doing.

Please don't--they're wonderful engines, and we're really glad you published them. I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I was (I thought) only suggesting a trick you could use to decrease both file size and footprint in RAM without decreasing detail at all, not in the least criticizing the work you've done and are doing.

Nathan - as much as I would generally agree with you, this case is exception - if you would've seen these engines in reality, you'd pick up many subtle things that make these engines look so real - I had been fortunate enough to see most of these engines in reality - and I have to say and no other mod gets even close to this. THAT feeling costs a lot - I'm going to go as far as to say no other modpack/mod/model gets even close to this one on realism.

asmi, I'm not talking about reducing any detail. I'm talking about taking advantage of .20 and above features in KSP partloading to avoid using duplicate textures (which this pack has). If all models are in the same folder, they can share their identical textures and not force KSP/Unity to load multiple copies of the same texture. That's all.

You don't even have to use MODEL nodes.

EDIT for clarity: That said. BobCat, in whatever form you release things, they will be amazing; as I said above I massively respect what you do and if you want to totally ignore this suggestion (and any other I may) you're more than welcome to. Apologies for adding to an unhelpful chorus.

Edited by NathanKell

Russian Engine design has always been innovative efficient and fully functional years ahead of the west, the modelling of these engines is tribute to you and your country and I have huge respect for you and your country and I thank-you for giving us the opportunity to play with them in KSP

Thankyou Bobcat and Team for all you do for KSP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZnYr94aa9E

Edited by Virtualgenius

asmi, I'm not talking about reducing any detail. I'm talking about taking advantage of .20 and above features in KSP partloading to avoid using duplicate textures (which this pack has). If all models are in the same folder, they can share their identical textures and not force KSP/Unity to load multiple copies of the same texture. That's all.

You don't even have to use MODEL nodes.

That's what I was talking about, too. I was able to shave about 40% off Soviet Pack's size, without the slightest compromise in quality. Unfortunately, it requires revising the rescale factors and a lot of folder restructuring.

Oh, and the models themselves are great. I really love the giant RD-0120. Now, if only there was a procedural quad adapter included in StretchySRB... :)

Also, do you think you could model RD-117/118 (identical except for the number of verniers)? And expanding nozzle for RD-0146?

Edited by Guest

He was doing these models for me, and I don't care about texture size. If you don't like them - simply don't use them.

That's a very childish response. The dude was only offering constructive criticism that just happens to be completely valid.

It's not about like or dislike... these engines are awesome. He was offering advice onto how to make them even more awesome. Simple.

Edited by s20dan

Hey

Great work on ECLSS support,

But the RemoteTech2_Release_1.2.0 seems to cancel ECLSS support system from the American pack 1,0.

I have testede this with a clean install:

KSP + American pack = ECLSS support

KSP + American pack +Romte tech 1,2 = no ECLSS support (vessels ECLSS IVA control panel says 0 to all resources)

Deleted remote tech 1,2 againe and ECLSS support is back

Hey

Great work on ECLSS support,

But the RemoteTech2_Release_1.2.0 seems to cancel ECLSS support system from the American pack 1,0.

I have testede this with a clean install:

KSP + American pack = ECLSS support

KSP + American pack +Romte tech 1,2 = no ECLSS support (vessels ECLSS IVA control panel says 0 to all resources)

Deleted remote tech 1,2 againe and ECLSS support is back

try updating your version of ECLSS (here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/58127-asmi-s-ECLSS-Mod-%28current-version-1-0-5%29 ) and giving it a go. Let me know if problem persists.

In this pack user have 8 different engines, and have 8 different textures. If you need 8 engines and 2 textures , dont downoad this pack. I dont know how make different texture in one.

I'm starting to slowly feel sorry that they published these engines. It would be better if they had stayed at that who commissioned them.

Oh don't feel bad about that! You're my favorite modder and your mods are the finest KSP has ever seen!

As much as I like bobcat's work, I use cbbp's pack for station and rocket building

Just keep in mind that Kosmos engines are very underpowered for RSS right now, somebody needs to write a realistic config for them to get them usable with RSS.

I'm trying to launch Buran, and got this:

Body::setMass: mass is -1.#IND00, should be positive!

The textures on navball is not loaded, and stage order is unavailable.

No previous version installed, all parts needed is present, Kliper works fine.

I'm trying to launch Buran, and got this:

Body::setMass: mass is -1.#IND00, should be positive!

The textures on navball is not loaded, and stage order is unavailable.

No previous version installed, all parts needed is present, Kliper works fine.

Very strange. Did you install properly? Also, do you have other mods?

I have a question about the Kliper wings in the VAB. Is there a technical reason why they appear so large in the VAB parts menu?

This is NOT a complaint, I am just curious. This is by far my favorite mod. Other than the required Romfarer mods and the newly integrated Life Support, I have nothing else installed. Thank you for all the time and dedication you give to your projects Bobcat!

Very strange. Did you install properly? Also, do you have other mods?

Installed properly, but only needed parts (without LifeSupport plugin, Mir, Soyuz and others). Kliper, as I said, works fine, I've landed on second try ))

And yes, I have other mods, but all works fine.

Ok, I will try to install all this huge pack :)

Perhaps you're missing the interiors. I've encountered a similar crippling bug when testing the American Pack. BobCat forgot to package the Orion interior one time and I ended up with a very similar lockout. If the interior is defined, but not found, you can expect this to happen.

I'm burning with desire to try so many models, but the games says "3.5" :P

--

I've test it... What can I say... yes, it have a big size, somewhere not ideal textures, but it is great, just don't know why.

Ã¥þтѠýõт, ÷ýðю )) Ãœðûþ тþóþ, чтþ ÿрøÑÂтýþ уòøôõть рþôýую тõхýøúу, тðú ÑÂтþ õщё ø ÷ðüõчðтõûьýþ ûõтðõт.

ÃÂð Ñурðýõ òышõû ýð þрñøту ø ÑÂõû Ѡÿõрòþóþ рð÷ð, ýð Úûøÿõрõ ÑÂþ òтþрþóþ - ø ÑÂтþ Ñ FAR... Þфøóõть.

Ã’ þñщõü, Ñþñ, úðú òÑÂõóôð, рðôуõт.

àôûѠòÑÂõóþ ÑÂтþóþ üþôð ýðùôу üõÑÂтþ, ôðöõ õÑÂûø ÿрøôётÑÂѠуôðûøть ÿðру ÑÂþтõý üõóðñðùт ôруóøх üþôþò. ÞÑÂþñõýýþ úþóôð ÑÂôõûðют ýþрüðûьýыõ тõúÑÂтуры ÿþô RealSolarSystem, ÿþтþüу чтþ - ôòøóðтõûø ))

Ãâ€Ã°, ø ÑÂðüþõ óûðòýþõ - ÿрþø÷òþôøтõûьýþÑÂÑ‚ÑŒ ýð òыÑÂþтõ. ÃÂõ ÷ýðю úðú, ýþ тðúøõ þñъёüýыõ üþôõûø ÿþúð÷ыòðют ÿрþÑÂтþ þтûøчýую ÿрþø÷òþôøтõûьýþÑÂÑ‚ÑŒ.

And, Bob, there is no ladder on the Buran ))

Edited by MaxP