[0.22.X] BobCat ind. Historical spacecraft thread

BobCat

How do you fly Mir modules to orbit? (Kvant-1, -2, Spektr, Priroda) They seem to have no remote control. Do you put a kerbal inside? resolved. They can fly unmanned.

Edited by Kulebron

Use mechjeb on the mir module inside a proton rocket or a kerbal works as well depends if you want to do it manually or automated

Yes, I'm forgot about this. Seems there is no pdf in the archive.

People are waiting for instructions, sir :)

*Starts up KSP. Goes to VAB. Goes to Utility. Selects Mir Core. Goes to crew. Clears crew. Press launch. KSP says, "It won't be controllable!" Launches anyway. Presses space at launch. Throttles up. Engines go to 100%.*

Guess what guys? The MIR modules are unmanned. You just gotta be brave and test stuff.

@BOBcat: For some reason KSP throws a warning when you launch any Mir module and the ISS module without any probe parts or Kerbals even though it will operate without those parts.

@BOBcat: For some reason KSP throws a warning when you launch any Mir module and the ISS module without any probe parts or Kerbals even though it will operate without those parts.

I think thats a KSP thing, not a Bobcat thing...the game sees a command part, and if it has ability to hold crew you get the warning, even if unmanned. I could be wrong, but seemed that way when I was trying to make an all-in-one rescue/salvage probe.

For Pete's sake, does anyone know how to make the Ares 1 stop tumbling end over end during launch?? And don't tell me to use the search feature, please.. It just comes up with random threads that have nothing to do with this ongoing problem.. I gave up the American Pack months ago.. First time I've tried it since .21 was release.. Figured with .22, there'd be some fixes, but it's the same old issues....

Strange. BobCat said it was fixed in 0.22 due to better SAS. Ares I should fly very well now. One thing for sure, be very, very gentle with it, and start your turn high.

For Pete's sake, does anyone know how to make the Ares 1 stop tumbling end over end during launch?? And don't tell me to use the search feature, please.. It just comes up with random threads that have nothing to do with this ongoing problem.. I gave up the American Pack months ago.. First time I've tried it since .21 was release.. Figured with .22, there'd be some fixes, but it's the same old issues....

Flying just fine for me...are you using MJ autopilot for accent? Flys rather well if you handle it right imo.

Hi Bobcat, love your work on multiple addons, just have one small bug to report: When I tried to rebuild my Mir station I couldnt launch the Kvant II module because the UI stats spasming and all controls are useless. I can launch Core and Kvant I just fine, both on soyuz and proton rockets, but when i get to kvant II a weird thing happens. If it helps you any further i removed the ECLSS stuff for a while since it left me with a lot of unremovable debris (I know the ECLSS is still under development, love the idea btw).

I post this not to complain, but to maybe alert you to something or maybe to get a solution. If you take anything from this post let it be that I absolutely love your mods :D

Hi Bobcat, love your work on multiple addons, just have one small bug to report: When I tried to rebuild my Mir station I couldnt launch the Kvant II module because the UI stats spasming and all controls are useless. I can launch Core and Kvant I just fine, both on soyuz and proton rockets, but when i get to kvant II a weird thing happens. If it helps you any further i removed the ECLSS stuff for a while since it left me with a lot of unremovable debris (I know the ECLSS is still under development, love the idea btw).

I post this not to complain, but to maybe alert you to something or maybe to get a solution. If you take anything from this post let it be that I absolutely love your mods :D

Might want to show us a pic of your set up. Also tell us what other mods you have. I just tried Kvant II on a Proton, and I was able to control it perfectly. Directly into the ground, too.

Additional: Dang it, no one posted after me!

It's time we make this thread beautiful again with some random screenshots in appreciation of Bobcat.

tumblr_mwfjihzGKU1rpsnwro1_1280.png

tumblr_mwfjihzGKU1rpsnwro2_1280.png

I took the Buran out for a test launch, and this is the result. Strutting it no longer seems to cause random disconnections anymore. I'm pleased. :)

Edited by Deltac

Strange. BobCat said it was fixed in 0.22 due to better SAS. Ares I should fly very well now. One thing for sure, be very, very gentle with it, and start your turn high.

Even without doing any kind of gravity turn, it always pitches over no matter what I do.. Right around 16,000m.. Can't keep it straight.. Whether I use Mechjeb or manually..

Even without doing any kind of gravity turn, it always pitches over no matter what I do.. Right around 16,000m.. Can't keep it straight.. Whether I use Mechjeb or manually..

Thats odd...I was able to get it up even with MJ autopilot...after much mucking about with the accent profile that is.

Are you running any other mods thaat may be having an effect...FAR, MFS, something that may be adding to this??

I noticed that the Orbital and Service modules couldn't deploy their antennas with action groups. So I checked the cfg files and noticed something.

MODULE

{

name = ModuleAnimateGeneric

animationName = orb_ant

startEventGUIName = Deploy Antenna

endEventGUIName = Retract Antenna

}

Was missing the line: actionGUIName = Toggle Antenna

So after adding that, one can add the antenna toggle to action group.

For example, when I press 5, The Soyuz decouples the payload base and extends solar panels and antennas!

So, in the end, it looks like this for the orbital module.

MODULE

{

name = ModuleAnimateGeneric

animationName = orb_ant

startEventGUIName = Deploy Antenna

endEventGUIName = Retract Antenna

actionGUIName = Toggle Antenna

}

Thats odd...I was able to get it up even with MJ autopilot...after much mucking about with the accent profile that is.

Are you running any other mods thaat may be having an effect...FAR, MFS, something that may be adding to this??

Accent profile? Can I make MJ sound like Scott Manley?