International construction ISS in Kerbal orbit.

BobCat

I do not see any reason to pull on,

not doing any more on this project?

I know alot of people did not keep up to promise, but we can still complete over time, just no rush.

Awesome work, guys. I'm in awe.

Just wanted to note: there's a truss segment missing in the pack, I think. Should be a S5/P5 to attach to the end of the S3/P3 unit. I see it in BobCat's photos, but it isn't in the download...

I'll explain some things.

Firstly, I am not in a hurry, but a lot of add-ons (actually a lot) have been in production for a long time, and in the end they were not released until now, and may never be released. This happens due to the fact that the authors are losing interest in the game.

So I decided that this addon you need to enter the stage of testing, and repair bugs in testing stage.

As I said, a lot of authors do these things, so the details are not balanced. Here in the forum, a lot of people who can help us fix bugs in the config, and balance the piece.

(Yes, I actually had this experience with my Buran, when people helped fix docking)

Now we have startet point and start write changelog.

So we continue to work on this project until you bring it to a state of 1.0.

There's a fair few missing parts still and also the node's are in wrong places, for instance... the "Truss 0" should have a node in the middle both sides but it only has 1 on 1 side and not the other... not a major issue a simple stock strut and docking port can fix but it's just I would like to do a mock build in the VAB and cannot because of small errors like that (and other nodes not connecting even with part clipping enabled)

I found quite a few problems with MPLM.

1. Can't grab the module once I place it.

2. Normal map doesn't show up.

3. Logos have white squares around them, and there's Z-fighting on them.

4. Why Rafeallo? The real MPLM is, IIRC, called Leonardo.

Also, where's JEM EF and Cupola? I thought they were done.

BUG REPORT: Tried docking Dragon with Node 2 using the Dragon CBM and the ISS CBM and it didn't work. Checked the .cfg for both docking ports and found that the ISS CBM was node type 5, so I changed it to node type 1, reloaded the game and they still wouldn't dock. Tried docking the Dragon to Mir docking port drogue and it worked fine. So it looks like there is something wrong with the ISS CBM

Also, where's JEM EF and Cupola? I thought they were done.

Right click on the JEM Pressurised module to deploy the EF, and right click it again for the arm animation. Also I don't think the cupola was finished.

Edited by lpam

I had the same problem, but I fixed it. For a start, that is a bug. And remember, it's update 0.03 for god's sake!

Anyway, for some reason, you can only attach stuff to Zarya on the aft port (not the one you were trying to attach it to). Because of this, you sadly can't make a replica in the SPH or the VAB. :(

But who cares? It'll hopefully get fixed soon.

Hope this helps. :wink:

Edited by Maxilica

OK, another problem, this time a bit weird. Whenever I try to attach S0 truss to anything, I can only mount it by the middle node. This is a problem when I'm trying to mount it inside the Space Shuttle (or the Buran), for instance, since it needs to attach by one of the end nodes, which it refuses to do.

ISS Docking ports do have a problem, I tried changing the node size too. Is anyone else having trouble docking buran to PMA? When I first assembled it, it was a risky, "throw the module to canadarm2" technique.

A few quick things to ask, how do we use the PMAs? From what I have seen so far from playing with the pack, is that the PMA doesnt function like a docking port so how do we attach things together with it?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.