International construction ISS in Kerbal orbit.

BobCat

Well, I'd do this, I'd use buran with cupola mated on top of Node 2/3's CBM, then when docked to station I'd use shuttles canadarm to fix the cupola to the correct node port, then I'd use stations candarm to mate it to the right spot on the station.

And, Bam! STS-130!

the only real problem I had was with S0. nothing I could do would get it to work/fit in the buran, and I had a heck of a time getting it to dock once I did launch it with a proton.

It's plagued by a bug that doesn't let you attack a radial node first. Unfortunately, those two nodes at the end both count as "radial".

Looks rightish. I don't think you need that Mir port on the other end of the PMA, the one docked to the Buran. You also appear to be missing some CBM's on Unity. Also I see a lack of RCS thrusters on the FGB. That's all I can tell from the picture, let me know if I'm blind. I'd also throw some Mir solar panels on the FGB.

Edited by Good_Apollo

The FGB I just removed it from the .craft file from the ISS and build a proton under it it should be good, i think there are 4 RCS. hmm maybe i would need to relaunch Unity i still can figure out how the truss is gonna mount on to Unity. Do you need on all 4 ports a CBM?

The FGB I just removed it from the .craft file from the ISS and build a proton under it it should be good, i think there are 4 RCS. hmm maybe i would need to relaunch Unity i still can figure out how the truss is gonna mount on to Unity. Do you need on all 4 ports a CBM?
Yes. The US portions of the ISS all have CBM. CMBs that are planned to be unused for some time have a covering on them but they're still there. The PMA's only need a CBM on the fat end.

The FGB should have two of the Mir RCS on it and some Mir panels. In reality it used different RCS and panels but for the sake of the mod I'd just go with what's in the Mir pack. In reality the S0 Truss isn't docked to anything, it was mounted to Destiny using four struts. I've seen some people use a CBM on the bottom of the S0 Truss and dock it to the top of Unity but that won't work since that's where the Z1 Truss, which will be added, needs to go. Since the mod, and KSP, has limitations I found the best thing to do was slap a stock radial attachment port (whatever it's called, the 'dead' docking port) and put some kind of docking port (I used the ISS Truss ones) to dock the S0 to the top of Destiny, close to where Unity is so that S0 hovers kind of over where they dock together.

Sorry for not posting in here sooner.

I got a bunch of high-detail reference shots of the Dream Chaser a while back, and after a couple of days trying to rework in the rough model I had in progress I decided that it wasn't going to work (the shape of those squared parts on the sides that flow back into the winglet edge are tricky) so I started over on a new model.

Unfortunately I have also been supremely busy in real life (which you might have noticed by how long an NP update took, as well as the lack of Shuttle Mod updates) so I haven't gotten very far, and I am still struggling at doing a reproduction.

Here's a screencap of the old model I scrapped (before I tried to rework it against the source material) and the new one:

9sym1kE.png

Long story short, I don't know when I'll get an acceptable model done that could be textured. I am extremely open to letting someone else tackle the DreamChaser if they feel up to it; I can provide a lot of source material to work from. I would be willing to still handle the "technical" Unity/Config/Balance setup if needed

Drop me a PM if interested (people with some modeling experience only please)

If no one else is interested, I'll work on it when I can, but it might take a while.

Sorry for not posting in here sooner.

-snip-

If no one else is interested, I'll work on it when I can, but it might take a while.

Any news is good news, I think! Good luck, mate.

I'm not sure about DreamChaser, but I might take a shot at the original CRV. Seems somewhat simpler to me, and I'm a beginner.

Here a IVA for the cupola:

Lovely IVA, I'm really looking forward to this.

This project is by far my favorite mod, I had a great time putting my ISS into orbit peice by peice.

Will almost peice by peice...

After a few failed attempts at getting the S0 truss and S1/P1 trusses put together using the Buran shuttle I did end up just assembling the whole truss system plus the Node1(Unity) with all of the CBM's in the SPH and Hyper Editing them into orbit.

From there I used a combination of Proton, ArianeV and AresV launches to get the rest of the station peices into orbit. Then used TMA's, Orion's and the CanadArm2 to tug everything together. I used the original station schematic that was posted when this post first went up. It turned out really good. I used the stock KSP Cupola(it is a little big) and a couple of extra Mir cores as the MLM and RM modules.

I'm always checking this thread for updates to this pack... After the last update I saw that the schematic had changed a bit. So I set about changing my ISS to reflect it.

I used the Karmony Science Module to recreate the CAM and a bunch of Kosmos parts to recreate the DSM, UDM RM1 and RM2 modules. Then added a couple Mir Docking Modules as the DC modules, added a extra one where the SPP should be. Just couldn't come up with a design that I was happy with and could get into orbit. I also added and extra Destiny module as a Hav Module.

I have long ago lost the count on how many flights I used to set it up but it's got to be over 30 by now. The ISS is by far my most used station I have in orbit, I have about 15 to 20 alarms setup using KerbalAlarm for all kinds of resupply and crew delivery/return/transfer missions.

Here's some screenshots of my ISS...

ISS1.png

ISS2.png

I currently have a ATV, Dragon Pod and Progress TM dock on resupply and science return missions. A Orion and Soyuz TMA as emergency return vehicles and a Kliper Shuttle that I call "RedRunner1" that I use as a station to station transfer vehicle.

I know all of the devs are most likely busy working on their own projects but I hope this pack does not get pushed to far to the side.

Edited by SouthPhilly

Use %7Boption%7D tags with the images URL inbetween the opening and closing tags

Yep I'm doing that.... here's what I've tried...

["IMG] ISS2[/img"] (Remove the quotes)

and this...

["img] ISS2[/img"] (Remove the quotes)

Both no go???

And now this...

["IMG] ISS2[/img"] (Remove the quotes)

and this...

["img] ISS2[/img"] (Remove the quotes)

Still no go...

I'm lost... any help is always welcome.

Edited by SouthPhilly

They are a no-go because those aren't images you're linking to, but a web page. When pasting an image, it needs to end with .jpg, .gif, .png, .bmp, or whatever other graphic format browsers can work with.

They are a no-go because those aren't images you're linking to, but a web page. When pasting an image, it needs to end with .jpg, .gif, .png, .bmp, or whatever other graphic format browsers can work with.

Thats what Flickr was giving me to link with...

Just uploaded screenshots to my photobucket account... No problems now... photobucket may be old school but always works. My OP is fixed now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.