International construction ISS in Kerbal orbit.

BobCat

If you don't think you can make the Shuttle, then you could try something simpler. Rassvet would be a good start, just keep in mind that those two things you can see attached to it's exterior aren't really it's parts, but elements of Nauka module that were launched with Rassvet.

Or even assorted experiment racks to be radially attached to the trusses (maybe even with KAS)?

Yeah, that would be great, too. There is a neat MIR DC on Spaceport, Rassvet is very similar, so we can use that. But external experiment racks would be something new.

I'm think we are need to talk with CSS creator. The CSS mod is great but it has 2 general bugs : the cargo bay closed in VAB And SPH and the aerodynamic bugs (he should fix it because in atmosphere the shuttle is unstable . I'm think the making of shuttle is really hard work :)

It's wheels are also broken.

If you don't think you can make the Shuttle, then you could try something simpler. Rassvet would be a good start, just keep in mind that those two things you can see attached to it's exterior aren't really it's parts, but elements of Nauka module that were launched with Rassvet.

I'm make HTV.If you want please make config of this :)

Well, MBS would've to be done using Infernal Robotics, so I wouldn't say it's a part for a beginner. And we do have a Cygnus already, though it's not the best model.

Remember how I said I was working on the truss segments just for fun? Well I've had to cut back recently as I just started college again(going for my Master's degree, so it's hectic), and trying to juggle that and a full time job, I don't have much time for doing things like this. However, I thought I'd share the progress I've made on the S0 Truss just for kicks. This was about an hour and a half of work.

UUrfAvE.png

You'll notice that it's still missing a lot. I'm still working on modelling the bits and pieces. You see the four pin-looking things sticking out of the top and bottom? Those are grapple fixtures for the Space Shuttle's Canadarm(not to be confused with the ISS's Canadarm2), and for full functionality they should be a separate part, though it doesn't really matter until someone makes a proper Canadarm(I have ideas for how it could work, as I stated previously). You'll also notice the rail sticking out. That could also be a separate piece, used as a gantry rail for the mobile base system that will hopefully be added in the future.

I'm still coming up with ideas. I know that the trusses were attached via tiny magnet hooks, and then secured later. I was thinking of doing a system like that for the docking ports, though as you can see they haven't been modeled yet. The grapple fixture for attaching the S0 Truss to the Destiny Lab is also a hook, so it will be a challenge making it universal(because lower part counts are a plus). I think that perhaps the magnet hook and the magnet clamp will be two separate, small pieces that will be used for docking.

I hope the awesome modders behind this pack are re-releasing this pack for .23, My machine always got a bit laggy when building this monster :D I hope with some texture improvements and the improvements the devs made for .23 this mod will be more awesome(less laggy) then it ever was.

I hope the awesome modders behind this pack are re-releasing this pack for .23, My machine always got a bit laggy when building this monster :D I hope with some texture improvements and the improvements the devs made for .23 this mod will be more awesome(less laggy) then it ever was.

if you remove the japanees models from the frond the 2 on the right and it wil stop lagging

Edited by Spooks

You could also try deploying JEM-EF. I found that in some cases of laggy animation, this stops the lag. Yougui's models, in particular, seem to have this problem recently, and JEM is one of them.

I have it installed as KSP-GameData-ISS. Inside the ISS folder are folders titled BobCatind, ISS_Community, KAS and TSAS. Hope this helps.

I'll try that. (You missed a comma by the way.)

EDIT: Nope, uh, still only five parts. Also, the JEM lags the game.

Edited by SuperWeegee4000

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.