[0.23.5] KerbCam v0.13 (camera pathing tool for videos)

huin

Feature/priorities wishlist - where should I spend my (limited) time next on KerbCam?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Feature/priorities wishlist - where should I spend my (limited) time next on KerbCam?

• Tutorial video (volunteer creators welcome)
    • Control camera on IVA
    • Control camera on map
    • Refactor GUI (the GUI is painfully arranged and needs to be rearranged)
    • Experiment with ideas
    • Clean up bugs/papercuts
    • Other, post below.

Well, I seem to be the only person who can't get kerbcam working. I probably have to download a sketchy screen recorder if I want to make my cine now.

Eh? Kerbcam doesn't record, it only manipulates the camera. Pressing Alt-F8 should bring the GUI up. For screen recording I suggest you look up Open Broadcasting Software.

• 4 weeks later...
Eh? Kerbcam doesn't record, it only manipulates the camera. Pressing Alt-F8 should bring the GUI up. For screen recording I suggest you look up Open Broadcasting Software.

ok, forget the cine. nothing left to do in ksp now.

edit

i havent been anywhere cause nothing works, even if i follow tutorials with craft already in the game.

ok, forget the cine. nothing left to do in ksp now.

edit

i havent been anywhere cause nothing works, even if i follow tutorials with craft already in the game.

Your side bar says you've crashed into Duna... I'd call that getting somewhere :). I have faith in you!

• 4 months later...

So I just tested KerbCam in the 1.1 pre-release and it's not working. Is there a chance for it to be updated? I checked and huin hasn't been online since last november so maybe someone would be able to hack up some inofficial patch.

I would hate to see this mod die.

:/ if Kerbcam is finally incompatible it would put many YouTube channels (me included!) out of the waters for some time until they relearn a newer method. KerbCam was and still is the most adaptable camera mod out there. It might not have the fancy cogs but it has the best frame by frame control I've ever seen. I'd even put money down for it's update. :/

47 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

:/ if Kerbcam is finally incompatible it would put many YouTube channels (me included!) out of the waters for some time until they relearn a newer method. KerbCam was and still is the most adaptable camera mod out there. It might not have the fancy cogs but it has the best frame by frame control I've ever seen. I'd even put money down for it's update. :/

yep I got a YouTube channel as well and what this guy is saying it true. Kerbcam is the best mod for doing cinematics in KSP, its easy to use (more so then camera tools mod anyways)

and it lets you A LOT of things. it would be really great if the Dev's of the mod updated it to the current version of the game. 

9 minutes ago, HatBat said:

Kerbcam isn't just a great mod but it's the only mod that does what it does. Camera Tools serves a completely different purpose. I really will just have to stop making videos if this mod doesn't get updated.

I was relying quite a bit on this mod for Spark too. I'm not sure what I'll do if I'm unable to pick frames.

I'm not a modder and my coding experience is close to zero, but wouldn't it be possible to make an inofficial patch? I don't know how well this would possible with the licensing, but as it seems to be abandoned maybe someone could do that. I was really looking forward to start making bigger cinematics in 1.1 and Camera Tools just doesn't cut it without a pathing feature.

Alternatively, maybe we can persuade @BahamutoD to add this feature to camera tools. Not sure how much work it would be though.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Since I don't want to miss out on great cinematics (like one of my friends is currently doing) I forked the original code and updated KerbCam to work with KSP 1.1.x to the best of my abilities.

Download it from GitHub. The license is in the zip file.

I did not want to make a new thread because I don't plan on expanding it since the math behind the camera movement is beyond me.

21 hours ago, cartman said:

Hello,

Since I don't want to miss out on great cinematics (like one of my friends is currently doing) I forked the original code and updated KerbCam to work with KSP 1.1.x to the best of my abilities.

Download it from GitHub. The license is in the zip file.

I did not want to make a new thread because I don't plan on expanding it since the math behind the camera movement is beyond me.

You are a lifesaver :)

Hello again,

I have updated KerbCam with some small fixes.

Download from GitHub.

Changelog:

- fixed configuration not loading automatically at startup
- fixed saved paths not loading automatically at startup

- changed configuration and path file location from KSP dir to the KerbCam plugin dir

- added the possibility to hide icon from stock toolbar
- re-added the support for blizzy's toolbar mod

• 1 month later...
On 5/13/2016 at 11:41 AM, cartman said:

Hello again,

I have updated KerbCam with some small fixes.

Download from GitHub.

Changelog:

You are a god among humankind. Thank you for making my cinematic dreams possible.

paging @cartman or anyone else that can take a look at this - it seems the timewarp changes to 1.1.3 slightly broke this mod as well - when you try to view a saved keyframe it throws an error I guess because it is looking to stop any active timewarp before it takes control of the camera

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

it looks like it doesn't work in 1.2. But it could be me.

Looking in the logs I found a series of:
[ERR 07:30:39.636] System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'RenderingManager' from assembly 'KerbCam'.

Any suggestions? I am game to wait patiently for an update.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.