[0.23.5] KerbCam v0.13 (camera pathing tool for videos)

huin

Feature/priorities wishlist - where should I spend my (limited) time next on KerbCam?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Feature/priorities wishlist - where should I spend my (limited) time next on KerbCam?

• Tutorial video (volunteer creators welcome)
    • Control camera on IVA
    • Control camera on map
    • Refactor GUI (the GUI is painfully arranged and needs to be rearranged)
    • Experiment with ideas
    • Clean up bugs/papercuts
    • Other, post below.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

hey @cartman if you are able to look into some errors I'm getting in 1.4.5 I will investigate further. Here is the output log. I was able to reproduce twice but not a third time the way I thought was needed to cause it. I will attempt to repro if you (or anyone else) can look into it. Basically seems to lock the camera until you switch a vessel but then refuses to retake control of the camera again when the option is selected

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

You should start a new thread, this was confusing

he's not really an active maintainer tho - starting a thread IMO shouldn't be a thing unless you're an active developer. It just brings the update trolls to your doorstep. Cartman has just been kind enough to swing by whenever I ping him

20 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

hey @cartman if you are able to look into some errors I'm getting in 1.4.5 I will investigate further. Here is the output log. I was able to reproduce twice but not a third time the way I thought was needed to cause it. I will attempt to repro if you (or anyone else) can look into it. Basically seems to lock the camera until you switch a vessel but then refuses to retake control of the camera again when the option is selected

hey, I've briefly looked into the log, it seems that for whatever reason some objects are destroyed when they should not (IMO, but I don't know maybe ksp or unity changed some stuff). Needs more investigation, don't know when I'll be able to do so.

Thats a lot of mods you have installed there :)

3 hours ago, cartman said:

Thats a lot of mods you have installed there :)

Ha, yea. I wanted to see if you're still around before I stripped down to stock and did more testing. Since you're busy I'll just get around to it eventually in the next few days. Or ping me if you find time before then and I'll take care of it sooner

• 3 months later...

hey @linuxgurugamer I would like to put this up for takeover, since Cartman doesn't really come around unless I ask him to. I just did a basic test in v1.5.1 and it worked so hopefully the errors I had in v1.4.5 were on Squad's side of things, but it would still be nice to have an updated compile. CameraTools is great, but it can't save and reload a camera position/orientation (relative to another object, no less) and if I launch a rocket while the camera is focused on it there is a "jump" in the CameraTools position whereas KerbCam stays put. I don't know maybe @jrodriguez or @Papa_Joe can implement/resolve these things in CameraTools but in the meantime KerbCam still has usefullness. Its pathing system is better too tho I don't use it as much

2 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

hey @linuxgurugamer I would like to put this up for takeover, since Cartman doesn't really come around unless I ask him to. I just did a basic test in v1.5.1 and it worked so hopefully the errors I had in v1.4.5 were on Squad's side of things, but it would still be nice to have an updated compile. CameraTools is great, but it can't save and reload a camera position/orientation (relative to another object, no less) and if I launch a rocket while the camera is focused on it there is a "jump" in the CameraTools position whereas KerbCam stays put. I don't know maybe @jrodriguez or @Papa_Joe can implement/resolve these things in CameraTools but in the meantime KerbCam still has usefullness. Its pathing system is better too tho I don't use it as much

Send me a PM, I’ll see what I can do

7 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

You can get it from Github now:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/kerbcam/releases

There are three version, one for 1.4.5, one for 1.5.1 and one for 1.6.1

This is untested, please test it and let me know of any issues.

Eventually I'll finish up the adoption with a new forum thread and a CKAN entry, but this should get you going

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.