[0.19.1] MOLAB - Heavy Manned Munar Rover

I can't figure out how to fly the musquitos. I can move them back and forth but I can't get any thrust from the RCS. What am I missing?

Don't forget about I,J,K,L controls. This might be what you are missing. I'm unable to load mine up at the moment, but I believe I used a combination of WASD, -AND- IJKL to maneuver the mosquitoes.

Back in the early days of the Apollo Program, each moon landing was suppose to take two Saturn-V launches. The one not carrying people was to carry a logistic vehicle known as "Lunar Truck". This logistic vehicle was never meant to come back to Earth and is designed to carry heavy gear that the astronauts will recover on the surface and use for long duration exploration. One such payload is a large rover called "MOLAB":

You could use two Munbug - Saturn V rockets ;)

Edited by Nephf

• 3 weeks later...

I liked your truck very much and I have to give credit where it is dew. here you can see my redesign / rebuild based or heavily influenced from your concept. after testing there were a few things that I wanted to address. First MOLAB got unstable even on Kerbin with the higher gravity (the roll lags did stop this most of the time) #2 MOLAB broke easier then what I wanted. After all I may need to let Bob drive it if push comes to shove. #3 MOLAB's solar panel power. I could not see truly powering a mobile base on solar and going dead at night, so I went nuke. left the solar panels cause they look cool, and would provide shade for the work deck. I can provide any info anyone would like just message me. 9595493810

spoiler]spoiler]photostream

Edited by Russia

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...