[1.12.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.13.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

I have indeed, but to do that requires a vessel analyzer to work out the burn time and its quite a bits of code/work - https://github.com/TriggerAu/KerbalAlarmClock/issues/14 .

Is there no way of reading the 'burn time' for the next node directly from the game variable that shows it next to the navball?

I know sometimes it's 0, NaN or infinity but those cases could reset to default alarm time

Is there no way of reading the 'burn time' for the next node directly from the game variable that shows it next to the navball?

I know sometimes it's 0, NaN or infinity but those cases could reset to default alarm time

sadly no, that was my early hope, but I couldnt find it - I have a relook at that one every now and then, but the last few times its looked like me integrating a rasonable portion of KER or MJ in to work it out. Not the most fun coding that :P

sadly no, that was my early hope, but I couldnt find it - I have a relook at that one every now and then, but the last few times its looked like me integrating a rasonable portion of KER or MJ in to work it out. Not the most fun coding that :P

Oh. Not ideal then. I would have hoped that the devs would make that variable open to modders...

Not sure if it has been mentioned but will you be adding (or is there a way) to set an alarm for when a resource is full. i.e. ore is full or ship has refuelled/converted all ore? Thanks for this mod!

The design is that you click on the "Current Time" text - http://triggerau.github.io/KerbalAlarmClock/manual.html#General-MainWindow

But if thats not working then do let meknow - I can't play it for a while till I get home from work

It works, I figured it out with github manual thing. I kept clicking on the time instead of the Current Time text. Thanks!

Not sure if it has been mentioned but will you be adding (or is there a way) to set an alarm for when a resource is full. i.e. ore is full or ship has refuelled/converted all ore? Thanks for this mod!

Not on the cards currently no. The Alarm clock does everything based on time, as resource consumption/creation isnt really a time based thing I havent found a nice way to hook that up, but theere might be another mod that is useful for this - Alternate Resource Panel . It's linked in my sig below - see if that will do what you want

It works, I figured it out with github manual thing. I kept clicking on the time instead of the Current Time text. Thanks!

Cool

The previous investigation, and what a few people asked for was the alarm margin to be set at "burntime/2 + a minute". I will work for that to start with, and then see how many variations are possible without cluttering the interface too much.

I was wondering if this got implemented... and if not, please?

I was wondering if this got implemented... and if not, please?

Sorry Rosco, not yet, I need to build a whole vessel simulator piece of code to be able to work out what that value is - its not provided in game. MJ and KER have it, but I havent had time to lift that code/decipher it either. Tis still on the list though

Sorry Rosco, not yet, I need to build a whole vessel simulator piece of code to be able to work out what that value is - its not provided in game. MJ and KER have it, but I havent had time to lift that code/decipher it either. Tis still on the list though

Is it possible for those mods to expose the value to you? Then if neither MJ or KER is installed, just do it the existing way. That way, you don't have to replicate and maintain that code yourself.

Hello,

i have been using Kerbal Alarm Clock for quite some time and it is a great mod :)

My question is, does it work with Kopernicus or the Outer Planets Mod?

The only thing that wont work well is the transfer windows alarm. Everythng else is time based (using formula's for the environmen) so should be good, for transfer windows you can use the TWP mod in my sig or a couple of other out of game tools to generate the time

Is it possible for those mods to expose the value to you? Then if neither MJ or KER is installed, just do it the existing way. That way, you don't have to replicate and maintain that code yourself.

If it was exposed I could consume it yeah, I'll look at that as well. I have been chatting with a few people about it as well in the background, so we'll see how we go :)

Is there a way to disable the Warp to Apsis/Node buttons in the map view? Maneuver nodes are fiddly enough without accidentally warping.

As below

You'll find it via Settings->Specific Alarms->WarpTo Alarms

There are soo many settings in there now its getting crowded TBH. I thought the drop down worked OK, but maybe I shouldnt have tabs and DropDown. Thoughts?

I love this mod, but there's one feature I am really missing: the Time to Node Burn from Kerbal Engineer Redux. To simply have a margin is not enough. Sometimes the margin is too long and sometimes to short. Is it possible that alarms will be able to adjust the margin according to the correct Node Burn Time as provided by KER?

I love this mod, but there's one feature I am really missing: the Time to Node Burn from Kerbal Engineer Redux. To simply have a margin is not enough. Sometimes the margin is too long and sometimes to short. Is it possible that alarms will be able to adjust the margin according to the correct Node Burn Time as provided by KER?

Thats definitely the easiest way yeah, but I need to do some reflection work to try and get it - which is hard (for me). It's on my list to try again for the next go around

On a related note:

I've tried to edit (increase margin) a few of my automatically generated maneuver node alarms to compensate for long burns. KAC appears to keep the original alarm time and changes the event time. It seems like that should be the other way around...unless I'm doing something wrong.

On a related note:

I've tried to edit (increase margin) a few of my automatically generated maneuver node alarms to compensate for long burns. KAC appears to keep the original alarm time and changes the event time. It seems like that should be the other way around...unless I'm doing something wrong.

Thats a good catch - I see that here - and only for man node alarms, looking at it too

v3.3.2.1 Now Available - Download from GitHub or Download from Curse* or Download from Kerbal Stuff * Once it's approved

• Added KER Wrapper/Integration to provide BurnTime based margins (Issue #14)
  • Fixed issue with editing Automatic ManNode Margins (Issue #135)
  • Merged Fix re GUISkin and other plugins from mjn33 (Issue #133)
  • Merged typo fix from Dennovin (Issue #119)
  • (.1 because ) Missed an if statement

Note the burn margin option is only available if KER is installed. I wrote a wrapper to use the existing calculation engine in KER. You can set the default/auto/quick behaviour for the KER Margin addition - bottom of screen shown here.

The way this works is it ADDs the chosen KER value to the margin setting as well, so you will likely want to reduce your manual margin valueto a small value - just enough to get yourself oriented for your burn

BQi7ojh.png

Apologies this one took so long to get to

[*]Added KER Wrapper/Integration to provide BurnTime based margins (Issue #14)

Apologies this one took so long to get to

None needed, but just let me say THANK YOU for this. I've been wanting this for a long time :) One of the first things I will do next time I load the game is play with this.

I would like to repeat my question regarding an alarm for the mobile lab? :)

I so thought I had replied to this one sorry. I will have a look at it, but not sure if its workable - all alarms are based on estimates of time till an event, I'm not sure I can calculate when a mobile lab will be full, but will give it a look

Note the burn margin option is only available if KER is installed. I wrote a wrapper to use the existing calculation engine in KER. You can set the default/auto/quick behaviour for the KER Margin addition - bottom of screen shown here.

Any chance of alternatively using MechJeb's estimate now that it uses KER code for that?

I so thought I had replied to this one sorry. I will have a look at it, but not sure if its workable - all alarms are based on estimates of time till an event, I'm not sure I can calculate when a mobile lab will be full, but will give it a look

Or maybe I did not see it. :)

Thanks, someone tried to figure it out, but I dont see any confirmation in any of the following posts.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/119506-Mobile-Processing-Lab-of-Babysitting?p=1938799&viewfull=1#post1938799

Any chance of alternatively using MechJeb's estimate now that it uses KER code for that?

if it exposes a similar property I can try that too - a quick look and I cant find one, but will dig a bit deeper

Or maybe I did not see it. :)

Thanks, someone tried to figure it out, but I dont see any confirmation in any of the following posts.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/119506-Mobile-Processing-Lab-of-Babysitting?p=1938799&viewfull=1#post1938799

thanks thats a good place for me to start