[1.12.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.13.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

On 4/29/2016 at 1:02 PM, godarklight said:

(Also TriggerAU has been activated...)

Thanks for that - I'll try and look at it during the week

11 minutes ago, Baladas said:

Will this version be added to CKAN?

At the moment CKAN is still at ver 3.5.0.0

I'd have to recall how CKAN was updating tbh - if it got it off kerbalstuff then that would explain it, if it gathers it from github then it should be apples. I'll look at that after I get the spacedock and other mods done

Great mod, has allowed me to manage multiple space stations and missions on TAC Life Support without losing my sanity, +1 from me

Just one question about updating, is the data saved in module manager or Persistent folders, or do I need to extract a file from my current version of KAC to save my current schedules?

1 hour ago, DarthJeb said:

Great mod, has allowed me to manage multiple space stations and missions on TAC Life Support without losing my sanity, +1 from me

Just one question about updating, is the data saved in module manager or Persistent folders, or do I need to extract a file from my current version of KAC to save my current schedules?

data is saved in the save file in a module, settings in a cfg file alongside the dll, if you look in the sfs you shoudl see your alarms

Hey Trigger, I have a question...

I used a mod called Sigma Dimensions to rescale everything to 10x (Real-scale kerbol system). I've also changed the length of day to match earth, and I've run into a bit of confusion with KAC and possibly with the transfer window planner. With a larger scale system, I don't think that the transfer window planner will be accurate, and with KAC showing only kerbal times (6h days 426d years) it gets a bit confusing. What I mainly want to know is, will the Transfer window planner calculate correctly for my new system? It seems as though the phase angles for transferring are different, because when I tried to get to Jool when it was roughly 94° to kerbin, the close approach nodes were way far apart. 

2 hours ago, secretly_asian said:

Hey Trigger, I have a question...

I used a mod called Sigma Dimensions to rescale everything to 10x (Real-scale kerbol system). I've also changed the length of day to match earth, and I've run into a bit of confusion with KAC and possibly with the transfer window planner. With a larger scale system, I don't think that the transfer window planner will be accurate, and with KAC showing only kerbal times (6h days 426d years) it gets a bit confusing. What I mainly want to know is, will the Transfer window planner calculate correctly for my new system? It seems as though the phase angles for transferring are different, because when I tried to get to Jool when it was roughly 94° to kerbin, the close approach nodes were way far apart. 

@TriggerAu will have to comment about changing KAC, especially about it picking up changed Kerbin times, but I have a suggestion.

Did you try changing the KSP time system to Earth time in the standard settings?  It defaults to Kerbin time, which is likely hardwired to stock Kerbin days.  Earth time is likely hardwired too, but at least that's the time scale you want to adjust to.  Haven't tested it thoroughly for the recent versions, but selecting Earth time has had KAC show and use Earth times in the past.

Greetings!  I have 3.6.1.0 running in 1.1.2.1260 and it seems the transfer window calculations aren't correct anymore.  I've been using KAC for many months and it looks like it's calculating transfer windows several months off from when they should be.  The planetary alignments at the days it picks look wrong too, and trying to set up a maneuver node with the usual ejection angles gives closest-approaches that are 30-90 degrees (and several tens of millions of klicks) off.

Is anyone else seeing this?  

1 hour ago, Thunderscreech said:

Greetings!  I have 3.6.1.0 running in 1.1.2.1260 and it seems the transfer window calculations aren't correct anymore.  I've been using KAC for many months and it looks like it's calculating transfer windows several months off from when they should be.  The planetary alignments at the days it picks look wrong too, and trying to set up a maneuver node with the usual ejection angles gives closest-approaches that are 30-90 degrees (and several tens of millions of klicks) off.

Is anyone else seeing this?  

@MOARdV posted this last Thursday regarding transfer window calculations but I'm unsure if @TriggerAu saw it, I don't see any response at all.

On 4/28/2016 at 6:48 PM, MOARdV said:

Sorry for a drive-by post, but I think KAC's transfer window computations are wrong.  KSP 1.1 changed Orbit.trueAnomaly from degrees to radians, which means mumech_orbitextensions.cs very likely needs updated, as does CalcPhaseAngleCurrent in TimeObjects.cs.  I got started on seeing if I could fix them locally, but then KSP 1.1.1 happened, and now I need to fix my mods.  Again.

Yes, I am seeing this inaccuracy in transfer windows as well. My guess is @TriggerAu is just recuperating from 1.1/busy with real life and will address this as soon as he can. In the meantime, I'm using MJ's advanced pork chop plots feature to plan transfer burns, but that's not a replacement for the nice window that says "Gee, my window to  Eeloo opens up in a few days - time to start designing a mission!" 

Hey all - I have been away from the keyboard for a few days yes. I'll try and get the maths bit fixed over the next day or two and the other mods as well. I have had to buy some new PC components too as I'm fairly sure Unity has baked one or two in this current rig - at least thats the excuse I've used with my wife :)

1 hour ago, TriggerAu said:

Hey all - I have been away from the keyboard for a few days yes. I'll try and get the maths bit fixed over the next day or two and the other mods as well. I have had to buy some new PC components too as I'm fairly sure Unity has baked one or two in this current rig - at least thats the excuse I've used with my wife :)

26 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

"I need this new video card for work!" :D

Y'all laugh, but I have used that excuse before. One of the programs I use for statistical research is known as SPSS and to be quite honest, it eats RAM and maxes out strain on the CPU like there is no tomorrow. It just so happens that the minimum requirements are above what the recommended KSP system requirements are... so yes, this August I will be getting a new system! :D

1 minute ago, sentania said:

As far as I can tell.

Alright, thanks. I'll keep my eyes open for other oddities. ... assuming I can pick them out from oddities with other mods, and 1.1.2 itself. <.<

The transfer windows "model"-mode is fine, it's just the calculations which are wrong. Obviously this won't help you if you are trying to use anything which changes the solar system. Otherwise, yes, Alarm Clock seems to be working fine.

23 hours ago, Domfluff said:

The transfer windows "model"-mode is fine, it's just the calculations which are wrong. Obviously this won't help you if you are trying to use anything which changes the solar system. Otherwise, yes, Alarm Clock seems to be working fine.

In case I'm misunderstanding this post, I'm getting wrong transfer windows with a stock solar system.  As far as I can tell, it's not a bug ONLY for folks with different systems.  

Thanks!

7 hours ago, Thunderscreech said:

In case I'm misunderstanding this post, I'm getting wrong transfer windows with a stock solar system.  As far as I can tell, it's not a bug ONLY for folks with different systems.  

Thanks!

Exactly. It is NOT limited to modded solar systems. As I noted above MJ2's maneuver planner seems to work okay for planetary transfers on a craft-by-craft basis, but it's not really usable for planning out your entire exploration program like KAC's transfer window alarms. 

I meant that there are two methods of calculating transfer Windows in KAC, one seems to be fine (I've just launched three missions to Duna with it). There's a "model" option which seems to be okay, and a "formula" option which is badly off. It's possible I may just have been lucky.

The "model" option starts off close, but I just got into the year three "model" duna window, even though its supposed to be a 44 degree phase the alarm took it to a 34 degree phase.  That drift isn't too bad as the delta V about 100 more to transfer.  However each progressive window gets further off.   And its not the calculator thats off, its the whole system has a different cadence now.  The Alexmon calulator shows the same drift.

Edited by mixmage

As a stop gap though, the left number on KAC still appears to be right.  Its the current phase for each planet, so you can just watch the add time dialog to see all the planets' phases as your warping to your next timer.