[1.12.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.13.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

Just now, Tyko said:

LOL...you actually get to "play" KSP?  I remember a time before I started messing with mods when I used to play the actual game  :D

Yes, I'm afraid I'm just a player and consequently have a little more spare time to complain about bugs suggest fixes and improvements. :cool:

Although I have had dreams of joining the vaulted moder crowd, I realize that it isn't happening any time soon.  Kudos to those that do have the skills and dedication necessary to help make this game what it is today.  It must be creatively challenging, highly rewarding and equally frustrating.

Do find the time to enjoy the game.

BTW, how has the snowfall been?  We took a beating on Vancouver Island yesterday.  Put my snow tires on on Thursday, just in time.

On 1/18/2019 at 4:16 PM, Frostiken said:

Having a problem - I can't switch between GUI styles, or put KAC on Blizzy's Toolbar.

I've found that changing it in the settings.cfg file (the one in GameData\TriggerTech\KerbalAlarmClock\PluginData) does the trick:

SelectedSkin = Unity

Dunno about the toolbar, never used it.

Having an odd problem.

I'm working on the OSE Workshop, which sets alarms.  

The alarms it sets are of type: AlarmTypeEnum.Raw

The problem I'm seeing is minor, but annoying.  KAC reports the following error, on screen:

Stored VesselID no longer exists

What can I do to avoid this error message?

Edit:  I found the problem, the code wasn't setting the id, it's now working

Edited by linuxgurugamer

I have a request: can you add the ability to make an alarm for resource levels? For example, when doing multistage transfers, having the game pause when one stage runs out of fuel so I can stage the next one instantly would be awesome!

Thanks, and I love this mod!

33 minutes ago, IMLL1 said:

I have a request: can you add the ability to make an alarm for resource levels? For example, when doing multistage transfers, having the game pause when one stage runs out of fuel so I can stage the next one instantly would be awesome!

Take a look at Smart Parts for that

4 hours ago, IMLL1 said:

I think Alternate Recourse Panel will also do that. (from ARP OP: Autostaging Controller to activate stages on engine flameout)

1 hour ago, Dan Kerman said:

Is the current version 3.10.0.0 compatible with Kerbal v1.4.5? I installed it yesterday but it doesn't show up...no icon. Playing on a Linux Mint 19.1 OS and Kerbal Linux Player.

3.10.0.0 says its for 1.6.0-1.6.x so may not work in earlier versions.

You want the previous version:

3.9.1.0 -   Its for 1.4.0-1.4.x (although it works fine in 1.5.1 also)

Try running your KSP with ONLY the KAC mod installed if it still does not show up, then use the earlier version.

17 hours ago, BlackHat said:

3.10.0.0 says its for 1.6.0-1.6.x so may not work in earlier versions.

You want the previous version:

3.9.1.0 -   Its for 1.4.0-1.4.x (although it works fine in 1.5.1 also)

Try running your KSP with ONLY the KAC mod installed if it still does not show up, then use the earlier version.

Installed KAC 3.9.1.0 and it works!...  thanks for the suggestion. I assumed that 3.10.0.0 would have been backward compatible but, maybe something for TriggerAu to look at.

This is the debug menu error when I tried to load 3.10.0.0

bh2K8Kh.png

Edited by Dan Kerman
Debug info

Small bug:

• Create a time-based alarm and save it
  • Click on the alarm in the KAC window
  • A message will be shown in the window that "Stored VesselID no longer exists"
  • Warp to the end of the alarm
  • When the window shows up when the timer is done, you get the same message "Stored VesselID no longer exists"

Time-based alarms don't have a vessel associated with them. The message is wrong

• 2 weeks later...

What will cause a vesselID to change while on rails? Having a problem specifically with transfer window alarms + "attach to current vessel" option. It's a spurious bug -- maybe 1/20 transfer window alarms are affected -- so I haven't been able to pin down whether something is actually changing the vesselID or if it's a KAC bug. It doesn't seem to happen with other types of alarms.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Zorstorer said:

Also why cant people name things what they are called....kerbal alarm clock is triggerautech or some such?

I guess the Kerbal Alarm Clock folder is GameData/TiggerTech for the same reason that the Kerbal Space Program folder is GameData/Squad.

Edited by OhioBob

12 hours ago, Zorstorer said:

Also why cant people name things what they are called....kerbal alarm clock is triggerautech or some such?

Two reasons,

First its probably a hold over from when there was not a standard pattern people typically use now. (Mod was first written a long time ago.)

Second the Author "TriggerAu" wrote a few mods. Kerbal Alarm Clock, Transfer Window Planner, Alternate Resource Panel, & KSP Tips.

All originally written a long time ago and all those mods install to the same folder "GameData/TriggerAuTech" Which was the pattern people used at the time.

He is not the only one who still does that. 

Docking Port Alignment Indicator is in the "NavyFish" folder (It was written by NavyFish)

Final Frontier is in the "Nereid" folder. (It was written by Nereid)

Oh Scrap! is in "Severedsolo" folder (It was written by Severedsolo)

There are probably a dozen others. Those are just the ones I am aware of.

KSP v1.6.1, KAC v3.10.0

I haven't noticed TriggerAu in this thread for a while, so I was wondering if anyone is looking after this extremely useful mod?  I'm still seeing KAC's settings menu not working correctly.  For example, amongst other things, I cannot change the audio associated with a maneuver node other than the number of beeps.  Neither the volume or the sound selection can be changed (yes, I have enabled the MN setting radio button).

I would really like to stay with this KAC version since it includes the science alarms whereas v3.09.0 doesn't.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2019 at 4:52 PM, alien_wind said:

I'm not sure what action is taken when you choose "restore manuver node" in the alarm

That option is redundant these days. It dates back to when vessel maneuver nodes were not persistent. So KA would record that data so you could load the maneuver node. (If the alarm was for a maneuver)

now, ksp does they for you. 

15 minutes ago, alien_wind said:

well surely there should be an option in settings to remove the button and backups to reduce resource consumption

Surely is a word that, IMHO, should never be used when talking to a modder, who works for free.

1 minute ago, Tacombel said:

Surely is a word that, IMHO, should never be used when talking to a modder, who works for free.

well it came out presumptuous, it wasn't a demand just a no-brainer.

if I was any adept in c# or moding I would do it myself

On 4/9/2019 at 12:27 AM, Starwaster said:

That option is redundant these days. It dates back to when vessel maneuver nodes were not persistent. So KA would record that data so you could load the maneuver node. (If the alarm was for a maneuver)

now, ksp does they for you. 

not redundant.

i use it to test new nodes and get back to the best one i find

and i did lose a node after docking and used it to get the node back

22 hours ago, alien_wind said:

well it came out presumptuous, it wasn't a demand just a no-brainer.

if I was any adept in c# or moding I would do it myself

First of all resource consumption of a function/button that is not used is pretty much nothing.

But while it may be a "no brainer" to remove obsolete functionality, to do so takes time and effort, especially if it involves GUI work. And depending on how the feature was coded in in the first place removing it may or may not have unforeseen impacts into other parts of the code base. It's not as simple as taking a hammer and pulling that unused picture hook out of the wall.

So considering it sounds like you can't be bothered to learn enough to make the change and create a pull request yourself,  your statement did sound a bit like a demand.

On 1/18/2019 at 6:51 AM, the_machemer said:

I'm having a problem where the window only shows one alarm at a time instead of expanding the size of the window to show all of them at once, requiring me to scroll thru the list. Is there a setting I can change or something to have it show all of the alarms? I'm on KSP 1.6

Thanks

On 2/11/2019 at 6:23 PM, Brigadier said:

It is.  However, I've scaled my UI down to 90% at 1920x1080 so, although no other UI element (stock or mod) suffers from this, it may be the cause.  Odd that KAC 3.9.1.0 displays crisply when 3.10.0.0 doesn't under the same conditions.

I would like to investigate more but I'd rather keep playing now that I've resolved the KAC functionality problem.

I have the same problem. The dynamic rescaling of the KAC window ceases to function when the UI is scaled to 90%. It works once the UI scaling is set back to 100%, but reverts again whenever setting the UI scale back to 90%. It's not a one-off bug, it's something in KAC that dislikes UI rescaling.