[1.12.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.13.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

10 minutes ago, Boyster said:

I am so glad...this mod is so valuable...its half the game for me...this and Mechjeb,

sometimes i stop and wonder if these mods are not working i would probably play the old version of the game or just not play at all.

Missing new features is always a bit of a bummer..

I agree, Alarm Clock is such a staple mod I'm kind of surprised its not been absorbed into stock yet. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having trouble with the size of the KAC window - the list is barely big enough for one item.  There doesn't seem to be a way to resize the window.  I've tried jacking with the WindowPosition numbers in TriggerTech\KerbalAlarmClock\settings.cfg, even to the point of deleting the file and letting KAC recreate it from scratch.  Nothing seems to affect it.

Are there supposed to be resize handles in-game?  (Not seeing them if there are).

If it helps, I'm on a 4k monitor.  I'm running the latest KSP and latest KAC (3.13.0.0).

This is the generated WindowPos block in the settings.  Everything's reasonable except 'height' and changing that number doesn't seem to have an effect.

WindowPositionStored
    {
        x = 176.333328
        y = 613.666748
        width = 340
        height = 137.666672
    }

Edit:  After fooling with it some more, now (perhaps after I deleted and recreated the settings file), the actual behavior is that it's setting the size of the list to be basically enough for n-1 list items (where n is the number of items in the list and n is reasonably small).

Hm.  In this form, the problem is pretty benign and probably owing to DPI scaling.

11 hours ago, NermNermNerm said:

Are there supposed to be resize handles in-game?

Not every mod implements dynamic window resizing (in my limited experience, few).   Some offer fixed size adjustment increments, many none at all.  Your screen and KSP scaling would probably have more impact.

Quite possible that say in 10 days might be a good transfer window, but there might be a slightly better transfer window later in the given time frame.

I suggest you try 

It integrates seamless with KAC and you can set a time frame for calculation.

• 2 weeks later...

I have installed the RSS RO RP1 and followed the instructions to a T.  But I cannot seem to have my alarms from KCT show up in the alarm list.  Everything works fine in the game except the alarms from KCT(ship build and research time) do not show up.  I have tried using different version of Kerbal Alarm but same results.  If anyone has an idea, I'd really appreciate it.  Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

On KSP 1.11.1 I got an exception that looks like KAC is implicated. It was working well for a few sessions. Looks like this happened after "jump to ship"

Spoiler

[LOG 13:45:03.224] Game State Saved to saves/modded career moderate/KACJumpToShip
[LOG 13:45:03.527] [FlightGlobals]: Vessel persistentId changed from 976602280 to 1282828833.
[LOG 13:45:03.530] [FlightGlobals]: Vessel persistentId changed from 2354377263 to 362649233.
[LOG 13:45:03.537] [FlightGlobals]: Vessel persistentId changed from 2354377263 to 2158765426.
[LOG 13:45:03.538] [FlightGlobals]: Vessel persistentId changed from 3352077028 to 807581298.
[LOG 13:45:03.546] [FlightGlobals]: Vessel persistentId changed from 1689207222 to 2506793310.
[LOG 13:45:03.559] [FlightGlobals]: Vessel persistentId changed from 2408456926 to 4076925359.
[LOG 13:45:03.588] 2/6/2021 1:45:03 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,AppLauncher: Destroying Button-Button Count:11
[LOG 13:45:03.588] ScaleModList: listSize 328 maxListSize 1713
[LOG 13:45:03.589] QuickGoTo(QGUI)[1.40]: OnGameSceneLoadRequested
[LOG 13:45:03.589] QuickGoTo(QStockToolbar)[1.40]: Set
[LOG 13:45:03.589] QuickGoTo(QStockToolbar)[1.40]: AppLauncherUnreadifying
[LOG 13:45:03.591] QuickGoTo(QStockToolbar)[1.40]: OnHide
[LOG 13:45:03.591] [UIMasterController]: HideUI
[LOG 13:45:03.604] [HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From SPACECENTER to FLIGHT (Async) =====================
[LOG 13:45:03.712] 2/6/2021 1:45:03 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Scene Change from 'SPACECENTER' to 'FLIGHT'
[LOG 13:45:03.713] 2/6/2021 1:45:03 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Active Vessel unreadable - resetting inqueue flag
[EXC 13:45:03.760] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.UpdateDetails () (at <6351bed726c440a59309c6dba3c6ef51>:0)
    KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.RepeatingWorker () (at <6351bed726c440a59309c6dba3c6ef51>:0)
    KSPPluginFramework.MonoBehaviourExtended.RepeatingWorkerWrapper () (at <6351bed726c440a59309c6dba3c6ef51>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
[LOG 13:45:03.763] 2/6/2021 1:45:03 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Removing DrawGUI from PostRender Queue

KSP log

player log

2 hours ago, Krazy1 said:

On KSP 1.11.1 I got an exception that looks like KAC is implicated. It was working well for a few sessions. Looks like this happened after "jump to ship"

Sticking my big nose in here. Was it something that looked like: "KACJumpToShip" or "zKACBACKUP20210127190755" that was written to your file folder?

• 2 weeks later...

I got the following NullReference Exceptions related to this mod in my KSP.log on 1.11.1 & Windows10:

Spoiler

[EXC 01:16:10.762] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.UpdateDetails () (at <6351bed726c440a59309c6dba3c6ef51>:0)
    KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.RepeatingWorker () (at <6351bed726c440a59309c6dba3c6ef51>:0)
    KSPPluginFramework.MonoBehaviourExtended.RepeatingWorkerWrapper () (at <6351bed726c440a59309c6dba3c6ef51>:0)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
[LOG 01:16:10.786] 2/16/2021 1:16:10 AM,KerbalAlarmClock,Removing DrawGUI from PostRender Queue

Spoiler

[EXC 03:04:53.225] ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
    System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException (System.ExceptionArgument argument, System.ExceptionResource resource) (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
    System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException () (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
    KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.SetupXFerTargets () (at <6351bed726c440a59309c6dba3c6ef51>:0)
    KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.NewAddAlarm () (at <6351bed726c440a59309c6dba3c6ef51>:0)
    KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.FillWindow (System.Int32 intWindowID) (at <6351bed726c440a59309c6dba3c6ef51>:0)
    UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (System.Int32 windowID) (at <fa6f9762ac624af092525d37c9d516c4>:0)
    UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.GUI+WindowFunction func, System.Int32 id, System.Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, System.Int32 forceRect, System.Single width, System.Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) (at <fa6f9762ac624af092525d37c9d516c4>:0)

Here's a link to the full .log file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g8Q1Qz31ZVFxLmdrPtYcT0feXlJdr6cR/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Apelsin

Discovered a fantastic use case for KAC! Was launching a fleet of sentinel satellites, 1 for each planet, each with 18k dv with the IX-6315 "Dawn" electric propulsion system.. 

Getting from near kerbin orbit to each planet requires a series of burns from 5 minutes to 4 hours, and I was wondering how I could do the longer burns without missing the end and then realised KAC could set a raw alarm. 

Perfect! Now when I start a burn I set a raw alarm for 1 minute before the end of the burn based on the burn time  next to the navball, and set the alarm to pause the game and now I can go off and do something else while the 4 hour burn is occuring and not worry about missing the end,  the game gets paused by KAC and even if I have a frame rate issue, I never miss the end of the burn.

Another reason this mod is so indispensable!

Thankyou for this great mod

(Now the only thing I have to worry about is that my maneouves for different ships don't overlap.)

Edited by TanDeeJay

11 hours ago, VMQ said:

I thought I'm trying something simple, I tried to change an alarm time/day and make also it repeatable. I cannot find an option for that. Am I missing something?

See picture below:

If I'm not mistaken, there is a repeating alarm function only on the creation of a Raw Time alarm.  Once set,  you can't alter the repeat.  You'll have to create a new one.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, FeelUs said:

How to add alarm for second (and subsequent) maneuver nodes (for the same vessel)?

Welcome to the forums.

If you have set the option under Settings > Specifics > Maneuver Node Alarms > Detect and Add Alarms for MNs then MN alarms should be created automatically, even though you don't see them in the KAC window.  If you've enabled this I would also recommend enabling Remove Auto Alarms if MN Removed to keep your alarm window clean.

You aren't seeing the subsequent alarms because only the immediate next alarm for a particular vessel is displayed.  I presume that's because the timing of the 2nd alarm might have to change if the 1st MN isn't executed as planned and that reduces the calculation load; I'm not sure.  I thought there was a way to display them all but I can't find an associated option.

Edited by Brigadier

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/12/2021 at 3:03 AM, NermNermNerm said:

I'm having trouble with the size of the KAC window - the list is barely big enough for one item.

@TriggerAu I was having this problem as well. In case it helps, as a workaround I resolved it by setting the resolution to lowest setting, restarting the game, and then changing the resolution to my normal setting.

On 2/6/2021 at 7:49 PM, Graknils said:

Sticking my big nose in here. Was it something that looked like: "KACJumpToShip" or "zKACBACKUP20210127190755" that was written to your file folder?

Sorry I missed your reply. Well, I haven't had any more issues (I recall) and changed to 1.11.2. Seems moot now. \/O\/  thanks anyway.

On 2/20/2021 at 3:46 AM, TanDeeJay said:

I can go off and do something else while the 4 hour burn

Off topic...physics warp help:

Spoiler

Did you know you can use physics warp up to 4x, like when you're in the atmosphere, even in space? Just hold ALT and  < or >. Now it's a 1 hour burn IRL. If you get a yellow clock (hit minimum framerate limit) in the upper left, you increase risk a bit that the whole ship will explode because the game engine becomes unstable... but I've personally never had that happen.

On 2/20/2021 at 3:46 AM, TanDeeJay said:

Now the only thing I have to worry about is that my maneouves for different ships don't overlap.)

Or a power outage because it does not autosave when the engine is on. :/

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using Real Solar System and I'm having a weird bug :/

I've used this mod for a while and never had this issue.

When I click the >> buttons at apoapsis or periapsis the clock normally stops me about 1:30 before. However, today its going WAY over the alarm, not giving me a notification that the alarm has ended, and sometimes going 2 or 3 times OVER the burn (a simple orbit around the moon, warp to periapsis, end up doing 2~3 complete orbits).

I've set math checks to 100 per second, and yet the issue persists. 

I'm also using TAC life support, Near Future resources (or whatever the Nertea mod for monitoring EC is) and SCANsat. I've used these mods together with KAC (minus TAC) and they've worked just fine.

Any ideas what's going on? :P

@Fundati that happened to me as well. Not sure if it went with 1.11.2 or because I’m using APPLE (not a shameless plug) which changes the warp lead time but I don’t see it anymore.

7 hours ago, Fundati said:

@FruitGoose I'm not using APPLE but I am in 1.11.2. Are you using Real Solar System as well?

No, stock & outer planets mod. Does RSS use Kopernicus? That went through some changes recently.

On 4/7/2021 at 3:25 AM, FruitGoose said:

No, stock & outer planets mod. Does RSS use Kopernicus? That went through some changes recently.

Yes, it does. I'll try installing a new instance of Kopernicus and see if that fixes the issue.

EDIT:

BUG FIXED:

I changed to Kopernicus Bleeding Edge release 80 and it fixed the time warp bug. It seems Kopernicus Bleeding Edge release 81 bugged Kerbal Alarm Clock into over-warping. I'll let R-T-B know.

Edited by Fundati
Found a Fix

• 1 month later...

Does KAC work with 1.11.2? I can't seem to get it to show up...

edit: got it to work by manually downloading installing. Seems like ckan doesn't have the latest version

Edited by g00bd0g

On 5/9/2021 at 6:24 PM, FinetalPies said:

I've heard that you can set "Science alarms" for when your Mobile Processing Labs are full but can't find that functionality anywhere. Is it a former feature or idk what's going on?

Hi ! when kac window is open click on the upper right icon "Add" (you must be on an active vessel)

In the new window opened choose the last upper icon (little glass blue)

after you have to discover by yourself cause i actually dont have lab in my world.