[1.12.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.13.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, I have ZeroMiniAVC installed now. Still seeing random crashes, but not too frequent, and I don't think KAC is involved at this point.

However -- a "how to use this" question, since I'm fairly new to it; it seems like it doesn't play all that well with Mechjeb's ability to "execute next node" or worse, "execute all nodes" -- which is very handy, except when an alarm pops up in the middle of the process. KAC kills the warp as requested, but if I'm not really on my toes, Mechjeb says "auto-warp checked? Yes! Fire it up again boys!" and suddently I'm five days past my maneuver node. I don't blame KAC for this; having more than one mod trying to manage the state of warp (or anything else) at the same time is bound to be problematic.

How to deal with this?

It seems like I have two options, but open to suggestions. One, as soon as an alarm comes up, disable auto-warp in the most convenient MJ window (but be fast enough!). Or two, as soon as the option shows up in KAC, "jump to ship" (which I assume kills the execution of all remaining nodes for the ship that just lost focus? Not 100% sure about that.) but remember where you came from and what you were in the middle of so you don't forget to come back to it. :)

Tips? (I apologize if this has been covered before; there are 103 pages of posts in this thread to go through...)

Thanks!!

7 hours ago, chd said:

How to deal with this?

I play with KAC and MechJeb.  In KAC I use "Pause Game" for all alarms with a 10 minute lead.  This stops everything when the alarm pops up and gives me time to deal with it before continuing warp.  The 10 minute lead time is so I can decide if I can continue or need to abort my current ship's next maneuver node or go deal with an alarm.  It's not too uncommon for me to end up with maneuver nodes for different ships to fall within minutes or seconds of each other.  

• 4 weeks later...

Why is it not possible to enter a raw time value?

Is Kronometer the issue?

For example, now it is:

2y 286d 3h 43m 31s

I want to enter the year, so I highlight the whole number using Shift and cursor-right and type "316".

After that the input fields say:

3y 47d 1h 1m 7s

I cannot enter anything useful this way.

After trying to type into this one input field this is logged once:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.FillAlarmWindow (System.Int32 windowID) [0x0004c] in <6351bed726c440a59309c6dba3c6ef51>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (System.Int32 windowID) [0x00077] in <fa6f9762ac624af092525d37c9d516c4>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.GUI+WindowFunction func, System.Int32 id, System.Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, System.Int32 forceRect, System.Single width, System.Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00077] in <fa6f9762ac624af092525d37c9d516c4>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

• 2 weeks later...

This may not be a KAC specific question but I'm not sure.  It happened with KAC so I'll ask here.  Some how during GUI lag and trying to drag the KAC popup window I managed to elongate/resize it to an overkill width that takes up most of the screen.  I can't figure out how to get it back to normal size.  It is only oversized for the ship that was active at the time I ganked it.  I was incorrect, it is oversized everywhere now. bleah

Edited by darthgently

• 2 weeks later...

I've recently had trouble trying to load Kerbal Alarm Clock. I first started playing KSP a few weeks ago with no expansions. Kerbal Alarm Clock was one of the first mods I tried and it was working great. I recently bought and installed the expansion packs and noticed that the Kerbal Alarm Clock wasn't loading anymore. Is it because of the expansions? Or are there other common mods that aren't compatible with KAC?

2 hours ago, TigerScuba said:

I've recently had trouble trying to load Kerbal Alarm Clock. I first started playing KSP a few weeks ago with no expansions. Kerbal Alarm Clock was one of the first mods I tried and it was working great. I recently bought and installed the expansion packs and noticed that the Kerbal Alarm Clock wasn't loading anymore. Is it because of the expansions? Or are there other common mods that aren't compatible with KAC?

Which versions of KSP and KAC are you using?

1 hour ago, Brigadier said:

Which versions of KSP and KAC are you using?

For KSP, I'm running 1.10.1 and for KAC, I'm running 3.13. And in looking at this, I just realized my issue: The KAC mod is updated for KSP version 1.9.1. Thank you helping me realize my own mistake! :P

4 hours ago, TigerScuba said:

For KSP, I'm running 1.10.1 and for KAC, I'm running 3.13. And in looking at this, I just realized my issue: The KAC mod is updated for KSP version 1.9.1. Thank you helping me realize my own mistake! :P

I am also running KAC 3.13.0.0 with version 1.10.1 and both DLC's, and have had no problems... Please note, I installed KAC after having both DLC's.
Maybe one thing to try would be removing KAC, launching the game, closing it and then reinstalling KAC?

Edited by alartor

3 hours ago, alartor said:

I am also running KAC 3.13.0.0 with version 1.10.1 and both DLC's, and have had no problems... Please note, I installed KAC after having both DLC's.
Maybe one thing to try would be removing KAC, launching the game, closing it and then reinstalling KAC?

Hi all. Maybe another thing to try is to delete the "ModuleManager.ConfigCache in the GameData folder. It will be rebuild in the next launch. It resolve some issue with mod for me.

18 hours ago, alartor said:

This solved my problem. KAC is working like a charm now! Thank you!

14 hours ago, LTQ90 said:

Hi all. Maybe another thing to try is to delete the "ModuleManager.ConfigCache in the GameData folder. It will be rebuild in the next launch. It resolve some issue with mod for me.

I didn't have a chance to try this, since I tried alartor's recommendation first and it solved my issue. So it's possible this could work too. Thanks for the suggestion!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It depends on the type of alarm you're creating.  The only one I know of that allows you to alter a time is Raw Time Alarm.  All of the other ones depend on an event (a maneuver node, an apoapsis, a SOI change, etc) which is defined by the orbit you're on.  It doesn't make sense to change the time associated with those events.

What are you trying to do, exactly?

Edited by Brigadier
grammar

I had an alarm set for a vessel, which was a raw one. I then see that this event will occur at the same time than another one, so I wanted to change the time, to not make averything at the same moment. I can't succeed to do so (I had no focus on the vessel at that moment), I was juste able to change the description... So I just switched to then vessel, deleted the alarm, and then set another one, a bit later.

7 hours ago, Brigadier said:

It depends on the type of alarm you're creating.  The only one I know of that allows you to alter a time is Raw Time Alarm.  All of the other ones depend on an event (a maneuver node, an apoapsis, a SOI change, etc) which is defined by the orbit you're on.  It doesn't make sense to change the time associated with those events.

What are you trying to do, exactly?

One thing that can be done with those event-dependent alarms, though, is to change the time alarm goes off in advance (i.e. the "ring alarm X minutes before <event>"). If I remember correctly, that can be changed in hours, minutes, seconds... (haven't toyed with that in a long time, so can't remember exactly). Hope this helps ;-)

25 minutes ago, alartor said:

One thing that can be done with those event-dependent alarms, though, is to change the time alarm goes off in advance (i.e. the "ring alarm X minutes before <event>"). If I remember correctly, that can be changed in hours, minutes, seconds... (haven't toyed with that in a long time, so can't remember exactly). Hope this helps ;-)

Certainly correct and I didn't interpret the OP that way.   That does change the alarm time but doesn't resolve his problem with the events themselves occurring too close together.

• 2 weeks later...

In case it helps: this mod seems to work OK for me in KSP 1.11

I've briefly tested it, with the following list of things installed:

KSP 1.11.0.3045 win x64 (Steam)
Making History 1.11.0
Breaking Ground 1.6.0

Chatterer v0.9.99 - Keep talking!
Click Through Blocker 0.1.10.14
Docking Sounds!! 2.1.12.27690 (10/7/16)
E.V.E. Redux 1.11.1.1 (from blackrack) + Configs-1.2.2.1 (from WazWaz)
Final Frontier 1.10.0-3485 + KerbFleet Custom Ribbons 1.2.0
Kerbal Alarm Clock 3.13.0.0
Module Manager 4.1.4
PlanetShine v0.2.6.2 Oct 19, 2019
Rover Wheel Sounds (Revived) v1.8.1.11.20.19 (from DoctorDavinci, .dll overwritten with the one from MAFman)
Scatterer - atmospheric scattering 0.0722
Texture Replacer 4.3
ToolbarController 0.1.9.4
[x] Science! v5.26

Also, it still looks good when playing in 4k resolution (3804 x 2160)! Thank you very much to the developer(s) of this mod!

On 12/24/2020 at 2:59 AM, alartor said:

In case it helps: this mod seems to work OK for me in KSP 1.11

I've briefly tested it, with the following list of things installed:

I am so glad...this mod is so valuable...its half the game for me...this and Mechjeb,

sometimes i stop and wonder if these mods are not working i would probably play the old version of the game or just not play at all.

Missing new features is always a bit of a bummer..