[1.12.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.13.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

Is there any chance that KAC is going to get the ability to lock alarms from being deleted, or requiring a confirmation for deletion. I can't remember the amount of times I've accidently deleted a long term alarm when I meant to delete one that had expired.

Is there any chance that KAC is going to get the ability to lock alarms from being deleted, or requiring a confirmation for deletion. I can't remember the amount of times I've accidently deleted a long term alarm when I meant to delete one that had expired.

There is an option for that. If you're seting realy necessary alarm - choose the pause option, not the warp stop. So when game suddenly pausing, you'll know it's time for something important...

There is an option for that. If you're seting realy necessary alarm - choose the pause option, not the warp stop. So when game suddenly pausing, you'll know it's time for something important...

I don't think this wasn't the point: When you have multiple entries in your list and select one think you don't need but actually (s)he deleted the wrong one.

Fabian

Edited by xZise
typo

I've had trouble doing dialogs in the past, but I'll have a look. Maybe I can add a setting for confirmation prompts and people can opt-in or out. Will put some thought into it.

One of the typical blunders for me is to let electricity run out because MechJeb or similar happens to always pick an attitude with my solar panel North or some such. If Kerbal alarm clock could warn me when a resource (usually electric charge but oxygen/carbon dioxide too) are getting critical it would save me many a four letter word.

One of the typical blunders for me is to let electricity run out because MechJeb or similar happens to always pick an attitude with my solar panel North or some such. If Kerbal alarm clock could warn me when a resource (usually electric charge but oxygen/carbon dioxide too) are getting critical it would save me many a four letter word.

Just to save me experimenting, is this something that needs monitoring on the active vessel only, or does it run out on vessels in background at a rate as well?

Just active vessel. Someday the life support will drain in the background but let's burn that bridge when we come to it.

Isn't that something different? This is an alarm clock so time based, but you are asking for a resource based alarm. What if the craft's solar panels suddenly produce energy for example because it leaves an planetary shadow?

Fabian

Using 2.4.0.2, and I got a bug a bit like ZobrAA's. It only occurs on hyperbolic trajectories.

Let's say you're going in to orbit Minmus, and your AN is in your trajectory path before escaping its SoI. Trying to create an AN alarm is fine, but switching the GUI mode to DN causes it to go blank and wonky like ZobrAA's screenshot. The UI can be reset just by clicking the Add Alarm button twice to reopen the window. If you don't have an AN in your trajectory before SoI escape, it just goes blank and wonky as soon as you select the AN/DN subscreen. Again, it can be reset in the same manner.

Using 2.4.0.2, and I got a bug a bit like ZobrAA's. It only occurs on hyperbolic trajectories.

Let's say you're going in to orbit Minmus, and your AN is in your trajectory path before escaping its SoI. Trying to create an AN alarm is fine, but switching the GUI mode to DN causes it to go blank and wonky like ZobrAA's screenshot. The UI can be reset just by clicking the Add Alarm button twice to reopen the window. If you don't have an AN in your trajectory before SoI escape, it just goes blank and wonky as soon as you select the AN/DN subscreen. Again, it can be reset in the same manner.

Thanks RPharazon, Will have a look at it, but probably wont release anything until we see 0.21 so its just one update

Yeah, no worries. Just giving you a heads-up.

You might want to take a look into your AN/DN calculation methods though. I've had KAC and Flight Engineer disagree on them pretty heavily when in orbits with inclinations greater than 90 degrees, to the point where KAC is about 10-20 minutes off on the Mun, Minmus, Ike, and Pol. This is even after repeatedly remaking the AN/DN alarms with no alarm delay (as well as a 1 minute delay). I haven't had an issue with Flight Engineer being wrong since it tends to always agree with KSP's own internal markers.

Yeah, no worries. Just giving you a heads-up.

You might want to take a look into your AN/DN calculation methods though. I've had KAC and Flight Engineer disagree on them pretty heavily when in orbits with inclinations greater than 90 degrees, to the point where KAC is about 10-20 minutes off on the Mun, Minmus, Ike, and Pol. This is even after repeatedly remaking the AN/DN alarms with no alarm delay (as well as a 1 minute delay). I haven't had an issue with Flight Engineer being wrong since it tends to always agree with KSP's own internal markers.

Well thats really frustrating. I was using Cybuteks code originally and it was giving the wrong details for me (and in Flight Engineer) if you go back about 25 posts to #184 you can see the issue, so I switched to using the code from MechJeb. All my testing was good in that, but obviously I missed something.

Do you mind PM ing me a save file and alarm file (if its easy enough)?

I got a lot of work on at the moment, but have had a quick look at things tonight. Looks like a few tweaks/formatting and some testing, which shouldn't take too long. Looks like I have a plan for after work tomorow :)

Will get it out as soon as I can

Anonymous sources within the Kerbal Space Center report that numerous missions have been delayed. These sources indicate that these delays are caused by the CAPCOM clock flashing "12:00" repeatedly. Apparently, no one currently working within CAPCOM knows how to set the alarm clock, which was disrupted by the mysterious power outage yesterday. :D

I didn't realize just how much I miss KAC until I launched a flight to the Mun, and I realized I had to pay attention to the countdown to SoI (GASP).