[1.12.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.13.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

5 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

Wait, what? KSPAPIExtensions is deprecated in the 1.1 KSP release branch, why is it installed?

Question not aimed at MOARdV of course.

Turns out this was left in from Civilian population mod, but I have removed that mod completely now and was seeing these issues prior to installing that mod,

I'm also getting tons of errors when I install KAC, been trying to track down which mod was causing it and have narrowed it down to KAC:  new ksp install, then add one mod at a time and check on the launchpad if nullrefs are generated (couple per second).

I'll upload logs in minute, brb.

FYI, with the release of KSP 1.1.3, KAC now spams the log with errors:

[EXC 17:31:48.825] MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'TimeWarp.SetRate'.
    KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.Update ()
[EXC 17:31:48.866] MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'TimeWarp.SetRate'.
[EXC 17:31:48.900] MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'TimeWarp.SetRate'.
    KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.UpdateDetails ()
    KerbalAlarmClock.KerbalAlarmClock.RepeatingWorker ()
    KSPPluginFramework.MonoBehaviourExtended.RepeatingWorkerWrapper ()
[EXC 17:31:48.904] MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'TimeWarp.SetRate'.

Please let me know if you need further information.

^Confirming the above. I'll add that it's immediately on loading a fresh game, no alarms needed. Full log here since none has been provided yet.

@All

The NRE has been posted, logs have been submitted, everyone form an orderly line and go about your business patiently. No spam.

Version:

I have this error in KSP 1.1.3. Running Windows 10, 32-bit.

Problem:

KAC Window appear corrupted.

Steps to Reproduce:

Create new game, or load existing saved game.

Mods:

I have these mods installed, but the problem will reproduce for me with only KAC installed.

• Kerbal Engineer
  • Final Frontier
  • PreciseNode
  • RCSBuildAid
  • KAC
  • TransferWindowPlanner

My log looks similar to the above.

USG7Zhy.png

I would really love this mod to become stock, it makes the game feel much more like a space program. Maybe this could be an upgrade for Mission Control and Transfer Window Planner could come with an upgrade to the Observatory. Thank you TriggerAU, I really don't think I would have 2000+ hours in this game if it weren't for your essential mods.

7 hours ago, Biff Space said:

I had the exact same issue with one of my mods which uses TimeWarp.SetRate, and a simple recompile with the 1.1.3 binaries fixed the problem. Hope it is that simple for this excellent mod. :)

I think you are right. It seems to run if recompiled...... A lot of debugging is turned on though.... But I do think it's an easy fix :kiss:

I'm getting a lot of exceptions on other mod though.... Well, on to isolating which ones!

Keep up the great work on the alarm clock! And thanks.

The mods I have that have this problem are:

• Kerbal Alarm Clock (KAC)
  • RemoteTech (RT)
  • TAC Life Support (TACLS)

Pretty much anything that can alter time warp is likely to have this problem.  I also noticed that Wider Contracts App had a problem, though not with time warp, but it has already been updated.

v3.7.0.0 Now Available

Download from GitHub or Download from Curse or Download from Spacedock

• Recompiled to resolve isses with TimeWarp methods (Issue #169)
  • Moved Add All Transfers button to top of list (Issue #163)
  • Moved non GameDB files to PluginData folder (Issue #166)
  • NOTE: the above fix means the folder structure changes

Do Note that the folder structure for the assets and the settings file changes slightly here to help with MM churn on settings. You can simply drag this over your existing setup and it will move the settings file, but you'll have some duplicate files, or delete evrything but settings.cfg and then unpack the zip. Entirely up to you and asl always - BACK UP YOUR STUFF!!!! I've taken all care, but do be mindful if you delete files that you have a backup

So very glad you finished the update.  I was just about to start up KSP when I though better check if KAC is ready and to my pleasant surprise it is.

i am going to Dres for an asteroid hunt and have sixteen vessels that would be a nightmare to manage without this mod.

Awesome!

1 hour ago, JeffreyCor said:

Installed the new version for 1.1.3 (deleted old install first) the icon for Bizzy's toolbar is only a pinkish blob, no icon is showing up. Everything else seems to work :)

@TriggerAu It looks like the Data/Textures/ToolBarIcons folder are also in the PluginData folder, when I believe they should be in the KAC folder proper, or at least the ToolbarIcons folder maybe. (I know you just changed the folder structure around). I think the one thing that really only needs to be in the plugin data folder is the settings config, but I guess everything can hang out there too:P

Edit:

Slight Bug: Under the Visibility Tab ---> Editor subsection has a break return before the R.

Edited by Deimos Rast

I wonder if the folder structure was changed, but the mod dll didn't get changed to look in the new locations. I'll try copying them over to the old location and see if it works that way, which would generally be a good indication that is the problem :wink:

EDIT: Nope, that didn't fix it, still a blob. Looks like there is a oopsie a little more involved that that in there someplace :)

Edited by JeffreyCor