[1.12.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.13.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

Kerbal Alarm Clock - v3.14.0.0

Built this plugin to prevent those moments where Jeb looks at you in the little window and thinks "There goes that manuever node, Looks like you didn't press ',' enough Boss"

The Kerbal Alarm Clock is a plugin that allows you to create reminder alarms at future periods to help you manage your flights and not warp past important times.

KACForumPic.png

With the Kerbal Alarm Clock you can create alarms for the following situations:

img_listiconRaw.png Raw Time Alarm Created for either a specific date/time or a specific period in the future
img_listiconMNode.png Maneuver Node Create an alarm based on the next maneuver node on the current ships flight path. This node will be stored and can be restored when you come back to the ship
img_listiconAp.pngimg_listiconPe.png Apoapsis / Periapsis create an alarm for nearest and furthest part of the orbit from the planet
img_listiconAN.pngimg_listiconDN.png Ascending NodeDescending Node Ascending/Descending Node for the targeted object, or equatorial Ascending/Descending Node
img_listiconClosest.png Closest Approach Create an alarm based on the closest Approach of this Vessel to the targetted Vessel. Select how many orbits into the future to look for the closest approach
img_listiconClosest.png Target Distance Create an alarm based on distance to a target vessel or altitude from the orbited (or next patch) planet
img_listiconLaunchRendezvous.png Launch Rendezvous Alarm that can be set to fire as your landed craft passes under the orbit of your target
img_listiconSOI.png Sphere of Influence Create an alarm manually based on when the next SOI point is on the flight path, or set the alarm clock to continually monitor the active flight path and add alarms as it detects SOI changes
img_listiconXfer.png Planetary Transfer Create an alarm based on Interplanetary Transfer Phase Angles ie. When should I launch to planet X Based on Kosmo Not's post and used in Olex's Calculator
  Earth Time Create an alarm based on the time in the "Earth" alternative Universe (aka the Real World)
  Contracts Create an alarm based on the Expiry or deadline of contracts in career modes

For all alarms you can give them :

• A short name to show in the list;
  • Some more detailed message information;
  • An action to take when the alarm is reached - message only, cancel time warp or pause the game;
  • Play distinct sounds for each type of alarm;
  • For Event alarms, eg Maneuever's, SOI events, etc. you can also set a margin - ie. How long before the event should the alarm fire;Set the alarms to kill the warp rate in the game so you don't go flying past them, or to pause the game so you can be AFK;

Other useful features/notes are:

• Some Alarms can be repeated;
  • Edit the details of the alarm up until the point when it fires;
  • Jump back to the ship that the alarm is related to when it fires;
  • In map view you can "Warp To" nodes on the flight path;
  • Save and Restore Maneuver Node Lists and Targets associated with Alarms;
  • No need to add a part to any vessel;
  • Time will slow and Halt in Space Center and Tracking Station Screens;
  • Add subset of alarms in Space Center and Tracking Station Screens;
  • Ability to jump to ship from Space Center and Tracking Station Screens;
  • Ability to Archive Saves on Ship Jumping;

Notes on Jumping to Ships - In all modes

From v2.6.2.0 I have added a feature that will by default make a copy of the current games peristent and quicksave file before switching vessels using the KAC - it does not do this when you switch via the standard KSP controls, only the KAC "Jump to Ship" buttons. This function will keep up to 50 old files and is configured in the settings. The files are stored alongside the current saves and called KACBACKUPyyyyMMddHHmmss-persistent.sfs.

Jumping to Ships - from Space center and Tracking Station

In Space Center and Tracking Station modes the "Jump to Ship" buttons function by making a new temporary save (Called KACJumpToShip.sfs) at the current time and then setting the active vessel when loading it. This is using inbuilt KSP assembly functions to do this (not written by myself), but if you are at all unsure or concerned about this save/load functionality then you can disable the jump functionality for the SP and TS on the global settings tab.

Video Information and Tutorial by Geneborg Thanks :)

Links and further Information

Download from GitHub or Download from Curse or Download from SpaceDock

Documentation/Manual

Source Code on GitHub

Version History

Network Connectivity Details

This Mod contains a version checker which can be managed and triggered from the About tab of the settings. It is configured to check once a day by default, and this check also can be disabled. The technical details of it are as follows:

• It will once a day download this page http://triggerau.github.io/KerbalAlarmClock/versioncheck.txt to read the current up to date version number.
  • It issues an HTTP GET - and sends no data
  • It parses the response for the version tag and then notifies you if there is a more recent version is available

DT-OSILogo16.png This work is licensed under an MIT license as outlined at the OSI site

Does 1.3.5.x have the GUI generation changes that we went over a week ago, or should I stick to 1.3.3.1?

Stick with the test version you have, will change the resource loading in the next release. Already had 1.3.5.x substantially done previously.

Great, thanks.

Any way to set planetary transfer alarms without having to assign them to a particular ship? Right now I've just got a little useless rover at the launch site that I've assigned future transfer dates to.

Is in the works, for now thats the best answer, or just change the message text and ignore the description.

I said this last thread, I'll say it again here -- this is absolutely a "must have" mod, I've got between 30 to 40 "flights" going concurrently now, and K.A.C. has become "Mission Control" for me.

Trigger Au, I'm sure we both lost our PM conversation, but feel free to strike back up if you like.

Trigger Au, I'm sure we both lost our PM conversation, but feel free to strike back up if you like.

Thanks Amaroq, yep lost my PM's too, but I have managed to keep the contacts I had created. Am working on new add alarm types/layouts currently and will get some people to eyeball ideas when its closer to usable.

Is there anyway to import a large amount of UT dates?

i.e. Launch dates for interplanetary transfers http://www.eiden.fi/ksp/phaseangle-Kerbin-Dres.txt

Short answer is currently no, although thinking outside the box you could edit the alarms file and create raw alarms manually before starting the game to get them in there.

That said I have been working with Voneiden to incorporate his data (from your link) into the KAC so when you set a Transfer Alarm you can choose to use his modelled data, or the circular formula's used in Olex's web page (although I have none of my PMs that had a lot of this in them :( ). The code is all in there just needed to refine and encode the data lists.

I also have visions of a list of upcoming transfer events - all transfers ordered by time, but we'll see how that goes

Always have loved this. I do have a question though, despite the MIT licensing clause on the Source Code site (CodePlex). Would you mind if I possibly implemented this into a project I'm working on or contacted you for some advice? My current project deals heavily on timers, and while ideally it will be based on real-time and not count time that is warped, if all else fails I may turn to using KAC if the okay is given, or at least splicing out some of your code. I'd hate to use it and you'd be angry for me 'stealing' your hard work :(

Regardless, you can contact me via PM or here.

If you're interested in what I'm working on, you can get the jist of it here.

P.S. In the readme and on the documentation sites the forum link is broken since the Great Forum Crash of '13. I'm sure you already know, just figured I'd help out in case you didn't.

Edited by mickeystix
adding a loving note

Always have loved this. I do have a question though, despite the MIT licensing clause on the Source Code site (CodePlex). Would you mind if I possibly implemented this into a project I'm working on or contacted you for some advice? My current project deals heavily on timers, and while ideally it will be based on real-time and not count time that is warped, if all else fails I may turn to using KAC if the okay is given, or at least splicing out some of your code. I'd hate to use it and you'd be angry for me 'stealing' your hard work :(

Regardless, you can contact me via PM or here.

If you're interested in what I'm working on, you can get the jist of it here.

P.S. In the readme and on the documentation sites the forum link is broken since the Great Forum Crash of '13. I'm sure you already know, just figured I'd help out in case you didn't.

Happy for you to use bits and pieces of the code in something your building, I reckon that's part of building addons for this game, and the source has to be available for it to be on spaceport so people can learn from each other. To be honest I chose the MIT license as it was the simplest to understand :wink: - although I probably should go back and review that when I get a chance. Also happy to help out in whatever way I can, will PM you shortly.

Missed the readme one :) will get that in the next release

EDIT: Have changed the licensing to the MS-PL one while I find out how to use assign a CC license on Codeplex - not on the list of choices.

Edited by TriggerAu
additional info on license

I've been having a problem with this plugin, I'm using version 0.19.1 of Kerbal Space Program and whenever I try to use this plugin Kerbal Space Program stops responding during loading when it reaches the KerbalAlarmClock part. Not sure what's causing it, but it seems I've been having this problem with any plugins that use a part without actually having a part you put onto the spacecraft, I've tried reinstalling the plugin and also have reinstalled KSP about 3 times now but still it doesn't want to load.

Edited by CoriW

I've been having a problem with this plugin, I'm using version 0.19.1 of Kerbal Space Program and whenever I try to use this plugin Kerbal Space Program stops responding during loading when it reaches the KerbalAlarmClock part. Not sure what's causing it, but it seems I've been having this problem with any plugins that use a part without actually having a part you put onto the spacecraft, I've tried reinstalling the plugin and also have reinstalled KSP about 3 times now but still it doesn't want to load.

Hi Cori, Sounds like the same problem RPharazon was having. If you have the time, can you start the app and let it sit there, he found that after 3 or 4 minutes it would finish loading and continue on. If its that issue, then it will be resolved in 1.4.0.x which is probably within the next week. I will say that the code I am changing for that relates to loading files using some unity code that is used in quite a few plugins though.

Let me know how that test goes, and I can follow up on it for you as well.

Hi Cori, Sounds like the same problem RPharazon was having. If you have the time, can you start the app and let it sit there, he found that after 3 or 4 minutes it would finish loading and continue on. If its that issue, then it will be resolved in 1.4.0.x which is probably within the next week. I will say that the code I am changing for that relates to loading files using some unity code that is used in quite a few plugins though.

Let me know how that test goes, and I can follow up on it for you as well.

Sorry I haven't been able to get on the forums for the last few days, but I went ahead and tried out the plugin again and it appears that I am simply impatient... xD This time I got my stopwatch and when it stopped loading on the KerbalAlarmClock part I started the timer and waited, it took about 2 minutes. Happy to hear though that it'll load better in the next release, can't wait! :)

Sorry I haven't been able to get on the forums for the last few days, but I went ahead and tried out the plugin again and it appears that I am simply impatient... xD This time I got my stopwatch and when it stopped loading on the KerbalAlarmClock part I started the timer and waited, it took about 2 minutes. Happy to hear though that it'll load better in the next release, can't wait! :)

Thanks Cori, shouldn't be too long

v1.4.0.2 Release

Apologies for the delays in getting this done, got side tracked on another project :(

This is up on spaceport now, and the below list highlights the changes. I will update the documentation site tomorrow with some more detailed information, particaularly around the extra method for calculating transfer windows.

• Changed resource loading method to use direct file access - prevents some peoples issues with timeouts
  • Added new Add Alarm window format - big change...
  • Added new alarm types - Apoapsis, Periapsis, Ascending Node, Descending Node - thanks to Cybutek for use of his AN/DN calc functions from the Kerbal Engineer
  • These alarms can be set to adjust if the flightplan changes
  • Added a 2nd form of transfer calculation for transfers between bodies orbiting Kerbol - this uses voneiden'd excellent modelled data
  • Ability to disconnect alarm from ships (and see this)
  • Added another time format - hh:MM:ss - can toggle between them
  • Added extra links to about tab
  • And all the things I could remember from forum posts/PM's before the great crash :P

Big thanks to Cybutek for sharing some of his AN/DN functions, and Voneiden for the work on the modelled transfer data (very cool).

Edited by TriggerAu

Well this is certainly a big update. Glad to see all those suggestions got rolled into it, including the one about having alarms disconnected from ships.

Keep up the great work. This is an essential mod for KSP, in my awful biased opinion.

Really fantastic mod Trigger. I loved it when I first found it. Have really enjoyed using it (it's particularly well laid out and a very professional experience). And I continue to be impressed with how it continues to get better and better!

Is there anyway to move the button at all? It overlaps my clock/time control (likely because I bumped up the interface size).