[1.12.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.13.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

55 minutes ago, jcheil67 said:

I apologize if this is not the right place to post suggestions, please advise if it is not.

I would like to see the ability to have an alarm set when any craft enters a certain specific biome based on the different levels (i.e. flying low, high, space high, low, etc).

Also an alarm when any craft changes into one of those "levels" (regardless of biome) from another level.

So many time I might have a craft in a polar orbit waiting for a certain hard to reach biome to come into view. Would be nice to just let the game run and be notified when that happens insteda of sitting there time warping watching the biomes go by.

Thanks!

Your wish is called "Biomatic".

Now your wish should be for it to be updated to current.

3 hours ago, jcheil67 said:

I would like to see the ability to have an alarm set when any craft enters a certain specific biome based on the different levels (i.e. flying low, high, space high, low, etc).

It's not quite what you want, but the mod ScienceAlert can drop out of warp and/or make an alert sound when there's available science for one of the craft's experiments when it crosses a biome or altitude boundary.  I've used it in the past for Mun polar orbit science collection.

And I see @DStaal said the same thing above.

Edited by Jacke

4 hours ago, jcheil67 said:

I apologize if this is not the right place to post suggestions, please advise if it is not.

Also an alarm when any craft changes into one of those "levels" (regardless of biome) from another level.

So many time I might have a craft in a polar orbit waiting for a certain hard to reach biome to come into view. Would be nice to just let the game run and be notified when that happens insteda of sitting there time warping watching the biomes go by.

Thanks!

That would require a lot of weird calculation to predict positions on multiple orbits, and is likely to become very processing intensive.

Another alternative is [x] Science, which can be set to stop timewarps when more science becomes available due to changes in biome, altitude, attitude, etc. It wouldn't solve everything you're asking but it would do a lot of it!

Edited by JH4C
changed the link to make my post meaningful and my life less empty

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the suspicion that replying to the issues is not very common...

Many mods integrate into KAC and playing without KAC is somehow weird - but I just added KAC again in my new career with a different setup (KSP 1.4.5) and can confirm again that KAC makes the fps drop to really low single digit values in the Tracking Station.

And I was able to even have that issue with a bare stock install + KAC.
Then the fps drop was "only" down to 48 fps - with a handful mods it was down to 32 fps.

Without KAC both setups had (locked) 60 fps.
Even my fully modded install has 60 fps without KAC.

I really would like to know if anything is to be done about this.
At least some reply.

Okay, this is not a typical issue, so it happened the first time for me now, but KSP 1.5.1 crashed during load, and the last written lines in the log before the word "Crash!" are:

Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/sound_tab_extend

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/sound_tab_retreat

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

Load(Audio): TriggerTech/KerbalAlarmClock/Sounds/Alarm1

Load(Audio): TriggerTech/KerbalAlarmClock/Sounds/Alarm2

Load(Audio): TriggerTech/KerbalAlarmClock/Sounds/Alarm3

Load(Audio): TriggerTech/KerbalAlarmClock/Sounds/Notify1

Load(Audio): TriggerTech/KerbalAlarmClock/Sounds/Notify2

Crash!!!

Full log and crash dump:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6pfzgygrkf4iujb/2018-10-26_2 KSP.log and crash dump.7z?dl=1

ofc this could be a "hickup" - as it happens from time to time.
This crash occured very early in the loading process though ... very untypical from my experience.

On 9/20/2018 at 8:26 AM, DStaal said:

ScienceAlert is updated, and would also do what he wants.

Actually, not quite.

Science Alert only understands science that can be gathered right now.  If you want EVA reports you either have to send someone out when you enter a biome (which Science Alert will not be aware of!) or stick a Kerbal in a command chair--but that doesn't work if you're playing with a life support mod.

I've been playing with this for the past couple of days, so far it works just fine. Your mileage may vary.

Also, in my case there is no fps drops like Gordon Dry was talking about above. My game runs butter smooth so far.

Thanks for that answer. Ive been wanting to install it but was a bit concerned that it could cause issues. Still am but I think I will give it a try. I rely on this mod waaaaay toooo much! lol But it is badly needed if you run a multi-operational career with many launch programs going at once. One of these days Im going to run into a time conflict that I cant resolve and bad things are going to happen. Strange things, unexpected things, Kerbal things, could drive a Kerbal Program manager krazy!

• 5 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, X1machinemaker1X said:

Anyone know how well this mod works on KSP 1.5.x?

Works with no issues. If you've got AVC telling you the mod needs to be updated, you can feel free to update the version file manually so it'll leave you alone.

Edited by capi3101

Been using this in 1.5.1 for a good bit now and I dont have any issues that I am aware of. I wouldnt be able to play like I do without this mod. Otherwise, I would have to keep a meticulous written record of every little thing I do. Much thanks @TriggerAU , you make playing this in a multi-mission environment a real pleasure.