[1.12.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.13.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

Just discovered that the "Jump to ship and Restore Node" function does not work. It stores something in memory, but the dll now gets unloaded in some instances when switching ships.

You can still restore the node after the switch, but I need to change the method for this to restore the functionality.

Would it put you through much trouble to store all maneuvering nodes as opposed to only the first one?

Can't see that it would (be too much trouble that is), I'll see what I can fit in while I work on the distance stuff.

I have an issue where an SOI change is automatically calculated and added but is removed when I switch ships.

EDIT : I found bits left over from the previous version. I`ll get rid of them and try again.

EDIT 2 : No luck. ThenI tried putting my old alarms in and when an SOI was added it changed the alarm time of evey SOI to that time. Then deleted them on ship switch.

I`ll uninstall the new version and go back to the one that worked for me.

EDIT 3 : When reinstalling I noticed I had not removed settings.xml from plugins/plugindata. Will try again with the new version.

EDIT 4 : No luck. Still resets alarms when SOI is added by alarm clock.

Going back to 1.4.1.0

Edited by John FX
update

I have an issue where an SOI change is automatically calculated and added but is removed when I switch ships.

EDIT : I found bits left over from the previous version. I`ll get rid of them and try again.

EDIT 2 : No luck. ThenI tried putting my old alarms in and when an SOI was added it changed the alarm time of evey SOI to that time. Then deleted them on ship switch.

I`ll uninstall the new version and go back to the one that worked for me.

EDIT 3 : When reinstalling I noticed I had not removed settings.xml from plugins/plugindata. Will try again with the new version.

EDIT 4 : No luck. Still resets alarms when SOI is added by alarm clock.

Going back to 1.4.1.0

Thanks for the details John FX, Will do some more in depth looking at the SOI Alarms, can you let me know what settings you have/had for the SOI alarms in the global settings - will help me narrow down the behaviour to look at. Especially, if you have the auto calc options off and it is doing this behaviour. only if you have the time.

It seems this is an issue I have with the auto calc, the SOI changes I loaded from 1.4.1.0 loaded fine and all showed the correct alarm times but then were reset when alarm clock did an auto SOI node add. At that point it set ALL SOI alarms to be the same time and when I changed ship it deleted all of them. I had default settings, 15 min alarm and turned on auto add SOI changes (IIRC background checks as well but I think I tried without this option also)

I`ll copy my main install and put alarm 2.0 back to see if I can nail down exactly what is happening.

I just thought possibly it is a conflict with Kethane Debugger as the kethane debugger screen only shows when I hover over an alarm icon...

I`ll remove debugger from the test install and let you know if that does anything, I`ll also check settings and let you know them.

Just want to say this addon is the most useful one I have found. Thank you for writing it.

Removing Kethane Debugger had no effect. It is `auto recalc of manual alarms` resetting the auto added alarms. My issue goes away if I uncheck this. I am glad to have a workaround. I will now be staying with 2.0

Am I thinking a feature is a bug and this is how it should work?

/I also had the overshoot of alarm problems but they went away when I set the alarm pre-time to 15 minutes.

Well I just had the problem of auto added alarms being deleted again. Am I the only one with this issue?

I`ll play with settings to try and nail this down.

Ok, auto recalc of transfer points seems to be the cuplrit now. Unsetting this stopped alarms being deleted.

And now it is not. Now no settings change will reproduce the problem.

I am unsure as to whether it is a problem with alarm clock now or an unavoidable conflict with one of my many mods.

All I can think is that something may change over time or is triggered by something, that is reset by changing one of the auto calc settings, at which point the problem goes and does not return until enough time or the trigger has happened again.

If the problem returns I will post details. The first thing I will try is to toggle one of the the auto calc settings. Sorry for the confusing posts.

Edited by John FX

Well I just had the problem of auto added alarms being deleted again. Am I the only one with this issue?

I haven't had any other reports of this one, but I don't believe a lot of people use the auto create SOI idea, they manually add them SOI Alarms. The function should work though and the behaviour you see sounds dodgy.

If the problem returns I will post details. The first thing I will try is to toggle one of the the auto calc settings. Sorry for the confusing posts.

Not at all confusing, am happy that you are able to let me know and also willing to help out in nailing down what you see. I am going to try and spend some time on this tonight, and will let you know if I find anything.

Sorry for the confusing posts.

Definitely not confusing at all. Found the behaviour, replicated it and fixed it in v2.1.0.0. The Auto Detect and Add feature for SOI alarms will work fine, but if you enable the "Auto Recalc of Manual SOI Alarms" option, it will update all the SOI Alarms to the current vessels SOI time - I made a stoopid copy paste error in 2.0.0.0 :P only affects that one checkbox - and its off by default in 2.0.0.0 so not just you.

I think I should be able to get 2.1.0.0 out by the end of the week. Want to see if I can get Willow's multi-maneuver node restore in there as well, then I promise to get the distance stuff done (have POC code, but am a little time poor at the moment)

Just and odd feature request... or maybe it is already in there (just found this plugin and am not at home to install and try it) but would it be possible to add a "Real" time alarm... so being able to set an alarm to "GO TO SLEEP YOU LOUSY SLUG" for 2am or something like that?

Just and odd feature request... or maybe it is already in there (just found this plugin and am not at home to install and try it) but would it be possible to add a "Real" time alarm... so being able to set an alarm to "GO TO SLEEP YOU LOUSY SLUG" for 2am or something like that?

Not that odd a request really, not like "Can it have dancing pigs?" or something :).

Is an interesting idea (as well as maybe adding in something to see the real time - for people with no taskbar). The only tricky thing I can think of is it needs to be really unobtrusive so as not to distract from the game (aside from telling you to go to bed). And also be very obvious that its not game related when it does display.

Tis a good idea, I'll add it to the work list (although probably near the bottom) and see if I can come up with something that works.

I have extracted this to the gamedata folder IE. C:\KSP_win\GameData\KerbalAlarmClock_1.4.1.0

it extracts the parts and plugins folders and the 2 txt files under the \KerbalAlarmClock_1.4.1.0 folder.

is this correct? it doesn't seem to be loading.

I have extracted this to the gamedata folder IE. C:\KSP_win\GameData\KerbalAlarmClock_1.4.1.0

it extracts the parts and plugins folders and the 2 txt files under the \KerbalAlarmClock_1.4.1.0 folder.

is this correct? it doesn't seem to be loading.

Hi Procyon, Thanks for asking. re the versions:

• Version 1.4.1.0 is a version based on the older loading model, so they go to a different location
  • Version 2.0.0.0 is a version using the new loading system and uses the GameData folder - I'd recommend downloading this one

In both cases the way to install it is to copy the contents of the KerbalAlarmClock_x.x.x.x folder inside the zip to the KSP_win folder.

So extract to a temp location and then copy the files is my usual method

• So for 1.4.1.0 - copy the Parts and Plugins folders from KerbalAlarmClock_1.4.1.0 to KSP_win,
  • for 2.0.0.0 Copy the GameData folder from KerbalAlarmClock_2.0.0.0 to KSP_win

FYI, there are two ways people pack mods (with the versino stamped sub dir and without, and I'm hoping we get some consistency at some point :)

Hello. Just wanted to pop in and say thank you for this great plugin. It's easily in my top 5. Technically it's also in my top 1, but I use 5 mods. ;)

It's one of those essentials that I hope to see implemented into the full game.

Hi. Made a mistake and dragged the KAC window out of the screen and I can't get it back. Anyone know where that data is saved? (I also made the KSP screen so big that making it smaller is impossible because the apply button is behind toolbar but I think I can fix that myself :D)

Hi. Made a mistake and dragged the KAC window out of the screen and I can't get it back. Anyone know where that data is saved? (I also made the KSP screen so big that making it smaller is impossible because the apply button is behind toolbar but I think I can fix that myself :D)

Hi Panzito, You are looking for the config.xml file that contains the settings. In v2 and above you will find it in <KSP_OS>\GameData\TriggerTech\PluginData, or before that it will be in <KSP_OS>\Plugins\PluginData.

To reset the Window position you can edit the below rect structure labeled "WindowPos" section where xmin and ymin are the x and y positions of the window (you can ignore the two max values)

<config>
<rect name="WindowPos">
<xmin>19</xmin>
<xmax>319</xmax>
<ymin>57</ymin>
<ymax>275</ymax>
</rect>
<bool name="DailyUpdateCheck">1</bool>

Alternatively you can simply remove the <rect> structure and it will draw it in the top left corner and you can then move it again

v2.1.0.0 is now on Spaceport

Heres the update list:

• Tweaked for 0.20.2
  • Added functionality to Store/Restore Vessel Targets for AN/DN Alarms - this will be used in some other alarms soon
  • Expanded Store/Restore of Maneuver Nodes to include a list of all nodes from after time of alarm - not just the first node
  • Resolved an issue with the SOI recalc code that was resetting all SOI Alarms to one time
  • Restored the "Jump and Restore" functionality that stopped working in 0.20 - and added jump and restore targets
  • Improved the Save/Load routines to compartmentalise them

I promise the alarms for time to target distance/closest distance is in the next version.

Is an interesting idea (as well as maybe adding in something to see the real time - for people with no taskbar). The only tricky thing I can think of is it needs to be really unobtrusive so as not to distract from the game (aside from telling you to go to bed). And also be very obvious that its not game related when it does display.

The last game I spent way too many hours playing (Civ 4) had both of these features. The alarm clock is especially useful when you get sucked in to the "wait, one more thing" flow. (Wait, let me launch the lander pod. Wait, let me dock it with the mother ship. Wait, the launch window opens in 20 minutes. Wait, I need to remember the mid-course correction. Wait, ... )

Not that anything like that ever happens to me, mind you. :wink:

I really love it, but it keeps overshooting and the physics are kicking in too hard.

Lost several times my engine or other parts.

You should, instead of "is current time >= alarm time", calculate in how many (RL) seconds, with the current warp, the alarm will be reached.

And also slow down the warp to 5x before pause or kill the warp. (this prevents to kick in the physics too hard)

P.S.: I am using 2.1.0.0

I really love it, but it keeps overshooting and the physics are kicking in too hard.

Lost several times my engine or other parts.

You should, instead of "is current time >= alarm time", calculate in how many (RL) seconds, with the current warp, the alarm will be reached.

And also slow down the warp to 5x before pause or kill the warp. (this prevents to kick in the physics too hard)

P.S.: I am using 2.1.0.0

It "should" actually do this slow down already - expected behaviour is: every 1/4 of a sec it checks the UT and projects what the UT will be in 1/2 a sec at the current warp. If in that 1/2 a sec it will pass any alarm time it reduces the warp one step at a time, until when it passes the UT of the alarm it then displays the message and pauses if thats whats set.

Double TimeNext = KACWorkerGameState.CurrentTime.UT + SecondsTillNextUpdate * 2;
if (TimeNext > tmpAlarm.AlarmTime.UT)
{
tmpAlarm.WarpInfluence = true;
KACWorkerGameState.CurrentlyUnderWarpInfluence = true;
KACWorkerGameState.CurrentWarpInfluenceStartTime = DateTime.Now;

TimeWarp w = TimeWarp.fetch;
if (w.current_rate_index > 0)
{
DebugLogFormatted("Reducing Warp");
TimeWarp.SetRate(w.current_rate_index - 1, true);
}
}

I could well have something wrong outside that piece of code though thats not right :confused:. Can you let me know what kind of alarm, what the action is for it, etc. Or even better you could PM me your save file and KAC config and alarms and I can hopefully see it first hand

Went through and reviewed a bunch of the slow down stuff outside the code posted above, and .....

v2.1.1.0 is now on Spaceport

Fixed an issue where Alarms that were set to Pause the game, would not slow down before hand and would just halt time after the alarm time had passed. These now slow down like the warp affecting ones (and as they used to in the past - no idea how I toasted that :P)

Thanks Bizz for the details that helped me find it, and let me know if this doesn't fix what you saw.