TriggerAu

[1.4.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.9.0.0 (Mar 17)

Recommended Posts

On 7/25/2017 at 11:28 PM, Angel-125 said:

@TriggerAu Just wanted to say thank you for creating the KACWrapper, it works great! :)

Seconded!

Spoiler

Added support to warp to next KAC alarm in most recent version of Time Control.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies all for the radio silence for a bit - between work and KSP Work my modding time has been non-existent. Planning to get back into it over end of year break though, and always happy to look at PR's for the codey peeps amongst us :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@TriggerAu Nice to hear you might have some time to get back to this mod soon. I've just pushed a PR to develop of some code I've been tinkering with to support non-standard calendars for my own game play. It's a bit rough around the edges but mostly works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2017 at 3:38 PM, TriggerAu said:

Apologies all for the radio silence for a bit - between work and KSP Work my modding time has been non-existent. Planning to get back into it over end of year break though, and always happy to look at PR's for the codey peeps amongst us :)

...and there was much rejoicing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, i'm currently having the same problem as Space Kadet a few posts up: My game crashes on scene switching after about 2-6 switches. I've checked my logs and there is nothing interesting, but they end like this:

12/5/2017 5:08:53 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Loading Textures
 
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

12/5/2017 5:08:53 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Loaded Textures
 
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

12/5/2017 5:08:53 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Adding DrawGUI to PostRender Queue
 
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

If someone has any idea, thanks.

And if you need more info, don't hesitate ask.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a suggestion to make.

Playing with a rescaled mod and thus other day lenght than on Kerbin profits from using the mod Kronometer, which adjusts the ingame clock, when the rotation period of your home world is not 6 or even 24 h. If Kerbal Alarm Clock detects Kronometer this could help a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Problem: Can't edit time margin on (specific) alarm - please help!

When there is an automatic alarm set upon setting a maneuver node and I try to edit the time margin for this specific alarm KAC will not let me do so.

I may click on the alarm to get into the edit window. I can edit name and description. I also can enter the field where the time margin is set. But when I enter something the value automatically returns to the default value that is set in the general "maneuver node" settings.

When changing the time margin in the general maneuver node settings also the time margin of that specific alarm is changed.

Any ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a way KAC can turn off MechJeb auto warp button (prevent it from re-engaging warp)?  When doing a next maneuver, KAC will stop the warp, but MechJeb will take off again, leaving the node in the dust.

 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Critter79606 said:

Is there a way KAC can turn off MechJeb auto warp button (prevent it from re-engaging warp)?  When doing a next maneuver, KAC will stop the warp, but MechJeb will take off again, leaving the node in the dust.

 

Thanks.

Switch off autowarp in the MechJeb, if you don't want to reengage it after a KAC alarm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, maja said:

Switch off autowarp in the MechJeb, if you don't want to reengage it after a KAC alarm.

The whole point of having alarms is to not have to worry about when the next maneuver is.  MechJeb restarts the auto warp over-riding the KAC stop.  I overshot an alarm by 2 hrs earlier do to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Critter79606 said:

Is there a way KAC can turn off MechJeb auto warp button (prevent it from re-engaging warp)?  When doing a next maneuver, KAC will stop the warp, but MechJeb will take off again, leaving the node in the dust.

 

Thanks.

yous the pause option for nodes

On 12/15/2017 at 12:37 PM, bs7599 said:

Problem: Can't edit time margin on (specific) alarm - please help!

When there is an automatic alarm set upon setting a maneuver node and I try to edit the time margin for this specific alarm KAC will not let me do so.

I may click on the alarm to get into the edit window. I can edit name and description. I also can enter the field where the time margin is set. But when I enter something the value automatically returns to the default value that is set in the general "maneuver node" settings.

When changing the time margin in the general maneuver node settings also the time margin of that specific alarm is changed.

Any ideas?

all my alarms are manual and i never had this problem
so my only suggestion is to add a manual alarm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Critter79606 said:

The whole point of having alarms is to not have to worry about when the next maneuver is.  MechJeb restarts the auto warp over-riding the KAC stop.  I overshot an alarm by 2 hrs earlier do to it.

It's one click in MJ vs a lots of coding and research in KAC. Where's the problem to switch off autowarp if you don't need it in MJ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Critter79606 said:

The whole point of having alarms is to not have to worry about when the next maneuver is.  MechJeb restarts the auto warp over-riding the KAC stop.  I overshot an alarm by 2 hrs earlier do to it.

My solution to this problem is to set node alarms to *pause game* by default, not 'stop warp'.  Then MechJeb cannot auto-warp past it.

Though I did tend to also just pull up the KAC panel and check to see if my next action is going to be before or after the next alarm.  If the ship you're watching isn't the next one that needs an action, there's no particular reason to watch it, after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, maja said:

It's one click in MJ vs a lots of coding and research in KAC. Where's the problem to switch off autowarp if you don't need it in MJ?

I think the real answer should be to change MechJeb--either make it not resume warp if it's turned off, or make a switch to decide whether it should resume warp.  (I do find resuming warp useful at times--combined with biomatic set to dewarp on new biome it allows efficient collection of orbital science with little interaction needed.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DStaal said:

My solution to this problem is to set node alarms to *pause game* by default, not 'stop warp'.  Then MechJeb cannot auto-warp past it.

Though I did tend to also just pull up the KAC panel and check to see if my next action is going to be before or after the next alarm.  If the ship you're watching isn't the next one that needs an action, there's no particular reason to watch it, after all.

Thanks @DStaal I'll try that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, I am running into a problem where KAC doesn't know the correct time when setting an alarm through the Transfer Planner Window mod, and am wondering if any of you have ran into this before?

If I select a transfer window that happens immediately, KAC will immediately alarm and say that the alarm has already passed by +4 days.

As such if I try to use it to stop just before a good transfer window, it stops the warp 4 days early.

KAC works perfectly fine if I am not using the Transfer Planner (i.e. if I set alarms for maneuver nodes or what not), so it appears to be a particular issue with the Transfer Planner Window/KAC integration.

EDIT: I also forgot to mention that it was working perfectly fine, and seems to have just broke in this particular save game.

Edited by MechBFP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2016 at 4:26 PM, symmeclept said:

Does KAC still have Earth Time display functionality? I mean a dedicated Real World clock, like in the screenshot in the first post. I just noticed it missing last night, went looking for the option, and came up empty.

I just finally got around to updating KSP to 1.3.1 from 1.2.2 and when I aqcuired and installed the newest version of KAC did not find the option to turn the real time clock on.  But I just remembered (just this very minute) that you simply click on 'Current Time' on the main display to activate it. 

 

Ahh!

Edited by Sarxis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After the last Kerbal update, I no longer see my KAC.  Is there an easy way to use the older KAC on the newer version of Kerbal?  Thank you for any help, much appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, K.S.P. Reject said:

After the last Kerbal update, I no longer see my KAC.  Is there an easy way to use the older KAC on the newer version of Kerbal?  Thank you for any help, much appreciated!

Try reinstalling KAC, including your settings file, and make sure you're running the latest version. It works perfectly fine in KSP 1.3.1 If not, something else is mucking it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My KAC doesn't seem to save line breaks in the details field across saving and loading the game.

Basically everything looks fine until I save and load again then it looks somewhat like this.

It's the same no matter if I add the line breaks manually or if it got copied over from Transfer Window Planner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 12:25 PM, symmeclept said:

Try reinstalling KAC, including your settings file, and make sure you're running the latest version. It works perfectly fine in KSP 1.3.1 If not, something else is mucking it up.

Thank you symmeclept, that simple solution worked perfectly.  Back to 14 concurrent missions again with all alarms preserved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheEpicRanger6 said:

Does this work on 1.4

As far as I can tell, yes. It still runs for me fine as far as the actual functionality of the mod goes (although the icons don't seem to display right anymore). I haven't done extensive testing to see if it this is still true in an unmodded clean install yet, but it's the results I got with a pre-1.4 save and all the mods turned off but this one.

And may I just say thank god for that. This is the most valuable mod to me. More than Texture Replacer, more than Engineer, it's all about this alarm clock for me. There is no way I'm keeping the timetables for twenty flights straight without some help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now